Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

S

sprinterXkyrie

原案:「刀剣乱舞-ONLINE-」より(DMM GAMES/Nitroplus)
監督:白井俊行
音楽:深澤秀行
アニメーション制作:ufotable
剣戟アニメーター:小船井充、木村豪、國弘昌之
時代考証:山村竜也
剣術指導:渡邉鋼玉
オープニングテーマアーティスト:斉藤壮馬(SACRA MUSIC)
エンディングテーマアーティスト:Kalafina(SACRA MUSIC)

http://katsugeki-touken.com
C70gKmiVQAE7Uio.jpg

Kalafina「活撃 刀剣乱舞 」エンディングテーマに決定!

http://lineblog.me/kalafina/archives/67131896.html

Last edited by a moderator:
woah... haven't been updated on them in a while but that's cool news. on the other hand though, i haven't been too thrilled about their recent releases but if the song is good it will be a nice surprise.

My friend is a big fan of Touran but she dislikes Kalafina...and she was quite upset :XD:

I'm quite worried about this. Their only anime related song that's been remotely good recently has been Marchen. That's for an experimental, mysterious and strange show, Marchen definitely fits it. Their recent tie-in anime songs have been about journeying to a new world and being determined and stuff like that. That's good for a song or a two, but not for as long as they have been going on for. This is by ufotable, and their most recent anime is Tales of Zestiria the X (If they had done a theme for that I might have died in a bad way that anime is so cliché). From what I've seen of the PV, it seems very much like Fate/Zero cross Arslan Senki, which has me worried.

Yaaaaay, Kala trending topic!! So proud of my little angels :dote:

About the new song, I guess at least we're getting more releases than the past year... but not 100% sure about the outcome of this, it's a big hit-or-miss. It could be another generic shonen opening, aka One Light 3.0, or some japanese folk inspired track. I'd totally adore the second option, it's the perfect time for Kajiura to do something different and surprise us! And if we had a PV about traditional Japan, with beautiful castles and girls wearing kimonos, I could die happy :touched:

Could be good, but honestly working on something so damn popular hasn't really turned out that well for Kalafina or Kajiura in the past. Shall have to wait and see.

How did I not notice this earlier :XD:

Anyway, this seems pretty cool, even though it's probably gonna be Arslan Senki v2. I like those songs, though, so I'm optimistic.

This is great! I have never played or heard of this game but its probably super popular in Japan, personally i play Yugioh Duel Links on my tablet XD so i kinda know how it can be like :)

Excited they get to sing for this. The song i dont know what to expect XD

PS: just read this game is only available in japan :(

btw interesting info from wikipedia:

The game is to receive two anime adaptations.[5] The first, Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru (刀剣乱舞-花丸-), is an anime television series produced by Doga Kobo, directed by Takashi Naoya and written by Pierre Sugiura, with character designs by Junichiro Taniguchi and music composed by Kenji Kawai. The first episode debuted on October 3, 2016. Funimation has licensed Hanamaru for an English language release.[6] A sequel was announced at the Hanamaru Biyori! special event in Japan on February 5, 2017.[7] The second season is due to air January 2018.[8]

The second adaptation, titled Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu (活撃 刀剣乱舞), is an anime television series produced by Ufotable and directed by Toshiyuki Shirai, with music composed by Hideyuki Fukasawa. It is scheduled to premiere in July 2017.[9]

Last edited:
Yeap. The one to be done by ufotable is the one they'll do an ED for ;)

Yes i noticed :) i guess that by seeing what the first season had as OP/ED we can imagine how the Kalafina song will be like.

Yes i noticed :) i guess that by seeing what the first season had as OP/ED we can imagine how the Kalafina song will be like.
Not really. They are completely seperate adaptations. Hanamaru is pretty much slice of life (with a great Kenji Kawai OST), while Katsugeki seems to be the usual ufotable "action" animu (potentially with more talking than action as usual). I'd say previous ufotable anime might be more indicative than Hanamaru.

I mean,
Hanamaru: https://youtu.be/tQbYq7Le6y4
Katsugeki: https://youtu.be/oRHTMVEB0cA

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Haha i get it now :D Its weird how all ufotable PVs look similar in structure and effects XD (comparing with UBTW HF FZ and KnK ones)

Back