Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

2. KANTANKATAN
3. Tonbo

Edit: why is Tonbo's inst only available with vinyl smh

Last edited by a moderator:
lolwatadummas

Tombo = "dragonfly"

kantan= simple; katan=support, so maybe "simple support"? Reminds me of TETOTOMETOME

Cool titles. First single of theirs where every track is in Japanese. And each track is 100% in the three forms of the Japanese alphabet: kanji, katakana, and hiragana. Cute. I guess this ties into the whole "Japanese" theme that was mentioned.

lolwatadummas.

I ll pretend i didnt read that.

Cool titles. First single of theirs where every track is in Japanese. And each track is 100% in the three forms of the Japanese alphabet: kanji, katakana, and hiragana. Cute.

all except the "instrumental" word :XD:

I guess this ties into the whole "Japanese" theme that was mentioned.

I wonder if its just the titles or its the songs themselves as well ? Lets hope.

I like the poses and the way the dresses look. I do like the red color over the whole cover, which does make it feel more "japanese" although that makes me want to know what color the dresses are lol

There's a part of me that wants to dislike the red filter because it can be a bit hard on the eyes, but it doesn't really look too bad (imo it looks better than the ItW/Märchen coverarts). I kind of get the vibe of "A Hundred Flames Blooming Profusely" xD The BD cover is my favorite. :dote: Also, WAKANA'S HAIR! Now I'm curious as to what color the dresses actually are.

A bit bummed that the to get all the instrumentals you need to get the vinyl, though. I have no way of playing vinyls.

I LOVE that coverart. This one's probably my favorite.
hyakka_tujyo.jpg
The simplicity, the Japanese dresses - I love everything about it. And for once the font isn't ugly probably because it's Japanese font.

^ Problem is that we have stopped waiting for a surprise after many of the A-sides turned out to have the expected song structure, and only Marchen, in pretty much all A-side songs since To the beginning, had a drastic change to its melody in the post 1:30 duration.

That's fair and to the point. I just got sick of reading all of the OCD picking apart of the song based on dreadful extrapolation, as goes the 'ritualization of Kalafina's neverending death spiral.' ®

I'll just echo what several of you already said: AN INSTRUMENTAL EXCLUSIVE TO VINYL? The most disappointing thing to me since the Hyakka Ryouran sample.

does giving us instrumental for all 3 track mean other 2 will be used as an insert in the anime ? Or its just change of policy ?
Natsu no Asa had an instrumental. At this point they are completely random with their instrumental inclusions. :P

Maybe off topic but...
"The beauty of a subtle Japanese style hidden within the sound is being fused together with our own distinctive music style and it turned into a song that is showcasing a completely new aspect of Kalafina." is what Wakana said, but what does "Japanese style" mean to you guys?

Maybe off topic but...
"The beauty of a subtle Japanese style hidden within the sound is being fused together with our own distinctive music style and it turned into a song that is showcasing a completely new aspect of Kalafina." is what Wakana said, but what does "Japanese style" mean to you guys?
Hoshi no Utai, Natsu no Ringo, storia, Sorairo no Isu, serenato, sandpiper, and Yume no Daichi all have Japanese sounds to them, to me at least. Their most Japanese-style song is most definitely sandpiper though.

I tend to associate "Japanese-style" with Japanese folk sounds. When you say "Japanese-style", the image of kimono, samurai, tatami mats, bamboo trees and Japanese-style houses instantly come to mind, so those sounds are what I associate it with the most.

If Hyakka Ryouran is anything like Hoshi no Utai (since the person who listened to it said it was a war-like song) I think I'll end up liking it. Still have to wait and see though.

Here's the covers with less cancerous compression (although smaller they just look better). I presume they'll put up bigger pics on lineblog soon.
Code:
Edit: hi-rez up on Harmony

Edit: There's a bigger version for the analog cover on Amazon and as expected the compression is terrible (looks worse than these small ones to me).

Huh, so those are the covers. I kinda get what they're going for, but I don't really care for it. They remind me a bit of the Progressive covers actually, except with an overbearing red filter instead of Progressive's abysmal lighting.

Also I can't help but think they're trying to cash in on Persona 5's popularity with that colour scheme :ayashii:.

I quite like the covers. I love how the covers are saturated with red and there are drawings on the bottom, it looks like the fire is going to swallow them up. I also love how only the kanji for 'fire' 火 is in white - I think it's clever.

Back