Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

Please direct me to them? The only convesations that I can see on this board are about lives and new stuff (and old Kalafina stuff is brought up IN THOSE conversations, sure, but that's still in relation to lives and new work).

You know when you want to say a thing, then you type it out, and that's not the thing you wanted to say? That.

What I meant was that between releases there's not much to discuss besides lives (which not everyone attends) so naturally when we have any fresh info on new content, activity will spike.

It doesn't spike up that much. Sure, it's more activity as CPM temporarily. However, it doesn't last as long as you may think it is. Any new content more often and has to be interesting not just controversial. Controversial issue will bring a spike up on the issue. Just having more new information isn't enough.

While you are correct, new info on a Kalafina release usually falls under the bracket of controversial around here.

That still depends. Even for an issue you think would more controversial, requires provoking everyone on that issue. Just saying Wakana and Hikaru singing terrible is terrible isn't enough to trigger it. Nor is saying Keiko should sing everything is going to cause firestorm. Kalafina already went through that phase, people have been disinterested in them for quite a while. To cause that, they need to fail from clothing to the music and so forth. That is going to far harder to do.

Many here are desperate to revive the glory days of YK and Kalafina, so several people are quite desperate to pick apart even the slightest new works from them in reference to their previous works, it appears to me at least. Not that I don't get it, just that its probably not going to happen… :...:

Where do you guys see this overanalysis happening? Is saying this refrain is similar to parallel hearts even an analysis? (not to mention overanalysis) help me out here.

Also lol @ People being "desperate to revive the old glory days". That's not on us, as the audience, is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at this thread and how much has been said around the basis of the 1 min preview, its what I'm referring to. Its pages and pages. About the glory days I think its clear that alot of people see Kala and YK on shaky ground in the past couple years, even if the sales are doing fine.

Okay. I'll modify the question, how is MULTIPLE people repeating that same single statement (and their preferrence between the 2 tracks) an (over)analysis? I don't see aby analyses there and that's my issue with what you're apparently presenting as a problem with this board. I'm trying to make your stance clear for myself.

How is anyone saying they like Seventh Heaven more (as an example) and wishing more new songs made them feel as excited as that album being "desperate to revive the old glory days"? Just huh?

Its not overanalysis but more of overreaction. We get triggered to enter into a long referendum of the state of Kalafina based on something small like this. I know its the nature of a fanbase but I can't help but think it spells ill omen for its health.
Wait, wait, wait, wait... Let me review it for myself (and whoever else might read this).
  • The full refrain becomes available to listen.
  • Many people have opinions on said refrain. Its similarity (or not) to the refrain in Parallel Hearts. Many express their "disappointment", lack of excitement for the whole thing, while some still remain "hopeful". Most apparently weren't enthusiastic about the last few A-sides.
  • You drop by and call those posts ?baseless? (it's only the refrain) "analyzing" (now reworded to) "overreacting".
  • You yourself declare that you are "Worried (about the upcoming single) because the last few singles weren't so great."
Soo... hope I'm getting this right... expressing your reservations about the upcoming single after the last few not-so-great singles is all fair and fine, but expressing your opinion after being disappointed by the last few singles AND the available refrain is "overreacting"?

Okay. Great!

PS. Who "derailed the discussion"? THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT OTHERS NOT LIKING STUFF! Again.

:leaf:

How about we find a way to move our discussions back to the topic.

And not the topic of the argument, the topic of the title of the thread.

Because we've all -- now including grunty -- acted a bit . . . extravagantly.

Because we've all -- now including grunty -- acted a bit . . . extravagantly.
Did I now? I just kept asking others to explain what they meant. Anyhow...

I don't really have anything more to add so unless you give me more to work with... lulz.

To be fair, literally every thread regarding a new Kalafina development gets heavily derailed at some point (sometimes several points), and that isn't a good sign either.
Yea this is basically what I am noticing.

I'm kind of reluctant to go back and quote posts which I deem to be 'over the line of rational analysis' of the latest clip because frankly, its beside the point. People can draw whatever conclusions they want anyhow.

You basically have the camp of
#1 Kalafina and YK are dead so lets use whatever instance we can to drive the stake further in
#2 sort of reluctant but willing to give a chance, lets wait and see

With this thread you see that playing out in a grand way…. all I'm saying is that this clip doesnt prove much of anything, but it does reflect on the state of the fanbase and people's internal conflicts pretty well. Some of you who seem to be incapable of believing anyone could like this song, declaring the refrain "poop" already, etc. etc. might want to reconsider the focus of their lives. How many of you people can imagine being in YK's shoes and doing what she does with even half the same competence?

————

Here are more first two posts on the topic:

"I literally have no idea how so much can be said and even concluded about the song from what we've seen so far, and I have a Master degree in music theory."

"I can see drawing some comparisons and inferences from the less than 1 minute clip. But people are jumping all the way down to final opinions based on it….seems like a really really reactive fanbase. At least give them the benefit of the doubt before dismissing the song entirely or forming a final analysis of it…"

If you think I was completely tossing people's critiques aside, thats reading into my comments a bit.

I further clarified my position, but I'll reiterate.

I'm just thinking people read too much into the smallest clips and expect unrealistic things from this group and YK than is reasonable. Please don't put words in my mouth or characterize me as bashing or dismissing any criticisms of the song. I never used the term "baselesss" to describe anything to date.

I'm hoping for a great single but I also think the group has grown stagnant, but I would not go nearly so far as calling them 'poop' I still liked the singles but they weren't 'great' imho.

To be fair, literally every thread regarding a new Kalafina development gets heavily derailed at some point (sometimes several points), and that isn't a good sign either.
Yea this is basically what I am noticing.
Bish, puh-lease. lol. It will continue doing so if you complain about others expressing their own opinion relevant to the thread.

I'm kind of reluctant to go back and quote posts which I deem to be 'over the line of rational analysis' of the latest clip because frankly, its beside the point.
Now the posts were "Over the line of rational analysis"? You're litterally a gift that keeps on giving.

People can draw whatever conclusions they want anyhow.
Apparently not, because you feel the need to point out how baseless their conclusions are for someone who has a Masters degree in music theory.

I'm not even going to address the rest of that post because I'm feeling rage boiling inside. Except for this latest edit:

Some of you who seem to be incapable of believing anyone could like this song, (...)
WHOEVER SAID YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE THIS REFRAIN OR SONG?
(...) declaring the refrain "poop" already, etc. etc. might want to reconsider the focus of their lives. How many of you people can imagine being in YK's shoes and doing what she does with even half the same competence?
You don't know me.

The way I see the last few pages is: You're seeing things where there are none and after I kept asking to explain (I was hoping politely enough), you finally say its "beside the point".

Congratulations, you are a great pot stirrer.

PS. @george1234 If you feel another warning is warranted, feel free to ban me. Please don't delete my posts though. I regret nothing.

Moving back to the topic at hand- I'm interested to see what the full song/TV size will be. Based on reports it seems the verse is Keiko-led, which is nice :goodjob:. First time since to the beginning she's had a substantial part in a TV size (Not counting movie EDs *cough*Alleluia*cough), which that alone is enough to pique my interest.

Here are more first two posts on the topic:

"I literally have no idea how so much can be said and even concluded about the song from what we've seen so far, and I have a Master degree in music theory."

"I can see drawing some comparisons and inferences from the less than 1 minute clip. But people are jumping all the way down to final opinions based on it….seems like a really really reactive fanbase. At least give them the benefit of the doubt before dismissing the song entirely or forming a final analysis of it…"

If you think I was completely tossing people's critiques aside, thats reading into my comments a bit.
Yes. I do think you did that. The moment you said "I literally have no idea how so much can be said and even concluded about the song" (based on the refrain) and pulled out your "Masters degree".

If you feel me thinking that way was reading into it, that's too bad - I'm not going to apologize for reading it that way.

Now the posts were "Over the line of rational analysis"? You're litterally a gift that keeps on giving.

That's what I like to hear

I put quotes over it because its just my opinion. Yea I won't try to refute anyones damn intuitive feelings about a song that's why.

Apparently not, because you feel the need to point out how baseless their conclusions are for someone who has a Masters degree in music theory.

I'm not even going to address the rest of that post because I'm feeling rage boiling inside. Except for this latest edit:

What? Again you say "Baseless" but its not what I said. I was criticizing the community for having some hyper-reaction to the preview clip, which on one level I even went and justified later on with clarifications. I want people to give the final songs a chance.

I wasn't trying to claim authority on music, just said that to point out how exaggerated some people's reaction clearly is, imo. I have listened to YK since Noir in 2002 though, so maybe I am a vet after all? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

WHOEVER SAID YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE THIS REFRAIN OR SONG?

bro i nebr said dat. I said "seem incapable of believing".

I'm not even going to address the rest of that post

Awesome (づ ᴗ ͜つ ᴗ )づ

You don't know me.

The way I see the last few pages is: You're seeing things where there are none and after I kept asking to explain (I was hoping politely enough), you finally say its "beside the point".

Congratulations, you are a great pot stirrer.

I wasn't referring to you in particular. I skimmed the thread and some some serious wall of text in here some of it seemed to be a Newtonian extraction of music physics which frankly seemed inaplicable and you can guess what I'm talking about unless you want to pretend to be incapable of browsing the thread.

Moving back to the topic at hand- I'm interested to see what the full song/TV size will be. Based on reports it seems the verse is Keiko-led, which is nice :goodjob:. First time since to the beginning she's had a substantial part in a TV size (Not counting movie EDs *cough*Alleluia*cough), which that alone is enough to pique my interest.

I agree with this. Let's wait and see :tea:

Yes. I do think you did that. The moment you said "I literally have no idea how so much can be said and even concluded about the song" (based on the refrain) and pulled out your "Masters degree".

If you feel me thinking that way was reading into it, that's too bad - I'm not going to apologize for reading it that way.

Thinking I did something and demonstrating I did it are two different things. You can feel free to 'not apologize' but that doesn't mean you were right.

Let's briefly look at my original comment.

"I literally have no idea how so much can be said and even concluded about the song"

The thing which I was referring to was "so much" rather than 'anything at all'. You see I have things to say about it too but I'm not giving a final opinion yet. Let's all jump down Kajiura's and Wakana's throat because the single preview isn't suitable for our fantasies! Yes moar blood!! :blood: Red covers aside will Kalafina have enough blood left after their fans suck them dry with endless wailing every time they take a step?

Back