Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

Apparently they talked about it with a short description:

https://putschki1969.tumblr.com/post/161458930541/short-description-of-百火撩乱hyakka-ryouran

Wakana
The beauty of a subtle Japanese style hidden within the sound is being fused together with our own distinctive music style and it turned into a song that is showcasing a completely new aspect of Kalafina.

Keiko
When I am singing this song, it becomes a display of cool emotions.

Hikaru
The song has passion and glamour while being very cool. A lot of emphasis is put on the changing of voice tones.

Also, at one point Hikaru seems to imply that the main melody is sung by Wakana and Keiko but I am not too sure about this so don’t quote me on that.

Also, at one point Hikaru seems to imply that the main melody is sung by Wakana and Keiko but I am not too sure about this so don’t quote me on that.

I'd say that's a given, hue.

^ I agree: I expect something between Hoshi no Utai and Kouya Ruten hehe, even though i would want something incomparable with previous songs.

I'm on the hype train right now. Subtle Japanese style? Whoa.
"Also, at one point Hikaru seems to imply that the main melody is sung by Wakana and Keiko but I am not too sure about this so don’t quote me on that." doesn't make me very happy, but as long as it's a good song...

^ i bet they were talking about the anime then lol

I wonder if the music after the sample is part of the instrumental or a BGM ?

Last edited:
uuuughhhh its so typical....
EDIT: Somehow, I'm still a little bit excited...

Wakana A-side. Why.

Still better than believe. I'll take anything better than believe.

I'd take believe's verses over what this sample is selling. To each their own. =)

I like it :stars:

It does sound a little like Parallel Hearts, but that's not a bad thing (Parallel Hearts was a pretty good song imo) :innocent: It also sounds like something Revo would compose

At least this feels more like a Kalafina song than the likes of One Light and blaze

Ohhhhhh I like it.
The opening interval has a really nostalgic Kajiura melody - Back when she was composing things like Parallel Hearts and Tsubasa tracks.

I like the movement in the harmony lines during Wakana's long notes. I can see it being a sing that shows off all of them, even though the main melody is Wakana.

Last edited by a moderator:
You only had one job, Kajiura.....:uh..: Given the already setting..i mean really?? I know she worked for RHH but she could at least give her effort on this since this single seems advertised a lot.

But whatever, since I'm a blind fanboy, I'll take whatever they release and like it anyway :psst: . (Still hoping for a good part of the song...)

Back