Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

^arslan senki is a ancient war setting and they gave a generic jpop anison. Hope for the best, but don't expect anything new.

Aalarion, they do ED for Katsugeki, and the 2 Arslan Senki ones were ED too even though upbeat.
They are doing all the time EDs since after heavenly blue, and they all turn out non-ballads.
I have learned to have no expectations as of the style of the song, because they are truly unpredictable compared to the usual styles of most ED songs.

^arslan senki is a ancient war setting and they gave a generic jpop anison. Hope for the best, but don't expect anything new.
Arslan Senki takes place in the Middle East. Katsugeki Touken Ranbu takes place in Japan, so it could mean a different style song

Isnt the creator of this blog also in this forum ?

Awesome name, i expect a traditional japanese-ish song now ^_^

What is the source (there's no mention about it in Wakana's blog post)? Because Hyakka Ryouran is also an ecchi 2010 anime title, which may be the reason why the title sounds familiar

http://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_刀剣乱舞_000000000663597/item_活撃-刀剣乱舞-1-【完全生産限定版】_7877241

オープニングテーマ:斉藤壮馬(SACRA MUSIC) 『ヒカリ断ツ雨』
エンディングテーマ:Kalafina(SACRA MUSIC) 『百火撩乱』

A kind of confirmation maybe? Such a cool name :)
(Why do I get the feeling that the Opening Theme is also composed by Kajiura? :ayashii:)

(Why do I get the feeling that the Opening Theme is also composed by Kajiura? :ayashii:)

Having "Hikari" in the title says nothing. Its a guy singing the OP and Kajiura Veeeeeeery rarely composes songs sung by men (there are only 4 in her whole career (Shoot!, Yume no Tsubasa with Sakura/Syaoran duo, Tears fall in my heart, and that Chinese movie theme alternate), so the chances are pretty low if you ask me.

Last edited:
Having "Hikari" in the title says nothing. Its a guy singing the OP and Kajiura Veeeeeeery rarely composes songs sung by men (there are only 4 in her whole career (Shout!, Yume no Tsubasa with Sakura/Syaoran duo, Tears fall in my heart, and that Chinese movie theme alternate), so the chances are pretty low if you ask me.

Heigen is feeling left out, and Shoot! is feeling mis-named.

I dont really count in heigen because the guy only did some sounds with his neck, he wasnt the main vocal there. Fixed the typo.

Having "Hikari" in the title says nothing. Its a guy singing the OP and Kajiura Veeeeeeery rarely composes songs sung by men (there are only 4 in her whole career (Shout!, Yume no Tsubasa with Sakura/Syaoran duo, Tears fall in my heart, and that Chinese movie theme alternate), so the chances are pretty low if you ask me.

You are right george that I based it on the name itself haha but if may I add some thoughts:
> If they interchange the naming on each theme then I would absolutely don't think Kajiura is involved on that one.
> The title has that kind of "soft?" feeling for an opening. If I am the composer in this kind of anime setting, I should give him a much stronger impression that's why I already thought of Kajiura. (Like we thought consolation is a ballad-type of song but it isn't XD)
> Ufotable + Sony. This will be his debut on Sacra music so I don't think they'll give him unmemorable song. (Not saying Kajiura's composition are all great but she already has a name on the music industry so I hope you get my point :bow:)
>Lastly, she collaborated to some singers(Sayaka and Sayuri and the one from China) in this present year so who knows. (Coincidentally his name is Soma Saito...dat triple S haha)

I don't count Yume no Tsubasa and the L.O.R.D's theme since they are composed for their respective singers. I would only call it Cover george :). Don't worry it's only a speculation and as you said, it's highly unlikely(like 5%) and she's already busy this year (Princess Principal, FSN and the Ending Theme of TKRB).

this is not his 1st single, his debut single will be released in 06/07.
<リリース情報>2017.6.7発売
◆斉藤壮馬 1st Single『フィッシュストーリー』
※表題曲のインストゥルメンタルを含む、全4曲を収録予定。

◇初回生産限定盤(CD+DVD)
 品番:VVCL-1053~54
 価格:1,600円+税

◇通常盤(CD)
 品番:VVCL-1055
 価格:1,200円+税
「ヒカリ断ツ雨」is his 2nd single
You are right george that I based it on the name itself haha but if may I add some thoughts:
> If they interchange the naming on each theme then I would absolutely don't think Kajiura is involved on that one.
> The title has that kind of "soft?" feeling for an opening. If I am the composer in this kind of anime setting, I should give him a much stronger impression that's why I already thought of Kajiura. (Like we thought consolation is a ballad-type of song but it isn't XD)
> Ufotable + Sony. This will be his debut on Sacra music so I don't think they'll give him unmemorable song. (Not saying Kajiura's composition are all great but she already has a name on the music industry so I hope you get my point :bow:)
>Lastly, she collaborated to some singers(Sayaka and Sayuri and the one from China) in this present year so who knows. (Coincidentally his name is Soma Saito...dat triple S haha)

I don't count Yume no Tsubasa and the L.O.R.D's theme since they are composed for their respective singers. I would only call it Cover george :). Don't worry it's only a speculation and as you said, it's highly unlikely(like 5%) and she's already busy this year (Princess Principal, FSN and the Ending Theme of TKRB).

Back