Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

Kugaaaaaa.... please report! Ugh, I want to teleport there. Misty rain is fine, as long as it isn't a downpour. I will hope for the best for you. (Probably already happened by now.)
I'll give a more detailed report in a few hours.

There was an open rehearsal about 30 mins beforehand where they rehearsed and talked with the audience. In the rehearsal they sang hyakka ryouran and symphonia.

When they came out for real they sang hyakka ryouran, then I think they were talking about it after. They then sang Tombo, and finished up with symphonia. I thought the girls all sounded amazing minus some of the volume mixing was a bit off.

OK, I'll try to upload a couple of photos of the venue via twitter.

I arrived on the crowded Yurikamome line train at Aomi before the 10:30am opening and joined the queue, not knowing how long it was. A while after Venus Fort opening were were lead through to queue for CD's/vinyl and I noticed ZP a few rows back.

After purchasing one of each of the CD's as the vinyl was too big to carry easily I waited for ZP and then went to find the mobile charging station which was near the information desk at Venus fort (100 yen for half an hour). Our tickets that came with the purchases listed a time for queuing of 13:00 which turned out to be in a stairwell near the entrance. Mine was 114, ZP and his family had tickets about 256, the numbers weren't really random like the staff blog claimed.

So we were lead from the stairwell back to the church plaza and at 1:30 the Kalafina girls appeared for the "open rehearsal", singing bits of Hyakka Ryouran and Symphonia and talking to the audience and staff until 1:50pm when they left.

At 2pm they appeared, and sang Hyakka Ryouran with the Hikaru - Keiko dance that they had rehearsed, then introduced themselves in Wakana - Keiko - Hikaru order. They then sang Tombo and Symphonia. I found the acoustics of the venue a bit echoey to fully enjoy it but the girls seemed reasonably comfortable with it. Then it was photo time with a large number of photographers mainly taking photos from the back of the stage facing the Kalafina girls with the audience behind them.

After the photos had been taken at the end while the Kalafina girls were waving to the audience I held up the poster that my Japanese friend had held up at the end of the Believe Mini Live from Kawasaki in 2014: https://lineblog.me/kalafina/archives/42370281.html (on left) and the Kalafina girls all noticed it and waved back, and finished saying their goodbyes to the audience and left.

After that we stayed queued up for the posters and those who had more than one purchase earlier were able to get extra posters, so I have 4 posters and 2 are up for good homes.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/dwangojpnews/status/895925102864244738

Kalafina、お台場イベントにて初披露曲で観客大熱狂 | ドワンゴジェイピーnews - 最新芸能ニュース https://news.dwango.jp/2017/08/11/144467/animeseiyu/
#Kalafina @Kalafina_Staff

DG73HjUUAAA6owx.jpg

Wouldn't happen to still have that extra poster would you @Kugayama? I'd be interested in it :plz:.

Sad that they didn't sing Kantankatan though.

Thanks!!! HW :D

From the shots i can understand that the shooting location is some sort of abandones (?) mine for marble or something.
The budget has definetely gone up at least at the bridge part.

The switch between the outfits when that red liquid falls from top is quite interesting. Once again Keiko has the best shots, followed by Wakana, followed by Hikaru.

It really unfitting they choose a mine of all places, so in order to make something like that look pretty they f*cked it with filters and effects.

Those spotlights make me think of police movies :XD:

sucks there's still no plot at all :spotlight:

Last edited:
Aww, I would've wanted a poster. *sigh* But I have no room for it anyways. lol That is so awesome Kuga! Even if it was just three songs. Yeah, Kantan live would be awesome. It's definitely on my list to see live. If only there was a recording of this. I looked for Mezamshi live already on bilibili.

Hey look, Kalafina's director remembered there's more than just boring panned shots of them being in some sort of environment singing.

This has to be their best looking PV in a long time, if not out of all their PVs. However, aside from the aesthetics, it was more or less a run-of-the-mill Kalafina PV with some head shots mixed in.

Hello there :)
I listened the single and:

Hyakka Ryouran - I love the instrumental beginning and Keiko verses. The chorus with Wakana after refrain get me feel mysterious mood. I like the track, but I think it's a little boring. I don't feel surprised by the track.

Kantan Katan - wow, I feel surprised by the rhythm and Wakana vocal. The track is really interesting and it not bothers me, that it's so long. It remind me Samida because of refrain.

Tombo - I think that it's making a little boring making piano ballads in every single (mahiru, haru wo matsu, yasashii uta...) even if it's nice. It's the most forgetable track of single.

Back