Kalafina 19th single "Blaze" ED for Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

^
like what i've said before, i like the verse's melody lines and was expecting for the chorus to be as good. sadly, the chorus is not because i feel like i've heard these melodies on a kajiura song before. it's just not as fresh as the verses(at least it is, for me). i was also expecting the canon-esque singing to go until the chorus but it doesn't. only one counter melody line by Hikaru. wakana's shakiness doesn't disturb me as it disturbs grunty but it's not that pleasant to hear either.
there's nothing wrong with long flute, but in this song it's just the same melodies repeated over and over again (sometimes there's nothing wrong with this too, take Yasashii Yoake for example) and somehow it sounds awkward for me and it makes the instrumental bridge feels really long even though it's not. maybe because the melody is also a kajiura standard, i don't know. it's not a bad song, it just doesn't live up to my expectation.

the last *really* good song kajiura compose for Kalafina is still lapis.

Only thing preventing me from skpping in the car would be that finale.
oh my god

edit: blaze is weird and natsu no asa is boring
i'd still pick blaze over kimi no gin no niwa and ring your bell anyday

saying that we do it for attention is similar to sending a pm.

try to be a bit more grateful, since i had the option to keep them to myself like someone had asked.

Last edited:
You had it ? What's this then ?

stop being a liar and ungrateful.
you are so annoying. i am so serious i want to block you.

i asked because you were discussing the song knowing fully that others would desire the link. you're an attention seeker. the end.

No matter what you guys are saying, opinions are still opinions and every people here have their rights to express their opinions. But we still have to respect others opinion as well and we shouldn't force our opinion to be accepted by others.

About blaze and natsu no Asa, I still love both of them

Blaze is generic and yuriko kaida's part isn't match the song. But kalafina is still kalafina. They are much much better than bands in my country. So I will love every song they release
That's my opinion

I still think blaze is generic, but enjoyable. The bridge and that end felt odd, anyway, I'm sure it will feel better live, as always (at least for me).

About natsu no asa, I listened to it with "fear", after reading most of you being disappointed. Well, I adored it. It simply made me happy. I love the music and the melodies and makes me kinda sad that we might never see it live </3. But I'll keep hopes for the future and, for now, enjoy this beautiful song ^^

///

You know, being on the internet doesn't mean you can be rude or disrespect people. I'm tired of all the people who doesn't seem to understand it. Could you please calm down? We are supposed to enjoy being here, otherwise why get into this site at all?

Blaze still sounds generic as hell. It's alright I guess, but I doubt I'll listen to it much. Why does the bridge even exist? There's nothing inherently wrong with it, but it comes out of nowhere and disappears just as suddenly, it doesn't fit the song at all.

Natsu no Asu is really nice, it sounds fresh and yay, more flute. I'm always down for flute. Kinda makes me think a bit of Yane no Mukou ni (although that might be because I listened to YnMn just before I got in) but also has an OST kind of flair to it. I'm rather happy with it.

That said this whole single just pisses me off again because once again, Kajiura is showing she can still make good stuff and yet shits out another anime theme that's beyond bland.

I listened and enjoyed both blaze and Natsu no Asa, and both are really good in my opinion. Though blaze is beyond generic and the bridge doesn't fit the song at all, the rest still sounds fine. I still think the pre-chorus sounds a bit cut off, though. As for Natsu no Asa, it's definitely one of the best songs she's composed for Kalafina in a while. It has a bit similar feel to Sorairo no Isu, but done much better. And those countermelodies! I love all of them! :hearts:. Hopefully we'll see this performed live at some point, since it'll be interesting to see how it sounds.
*crosses fingers hoping it doesn't become a forgotten b-side*

Back