Kalafina 19th single "Blaze" ED for Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

Well, their B-sides have been quite solid, at least compared to the total trash A-sides. So I really have faith that Natsu no Asa will make the single worth =D

I'm still expecting the b-side to be good, as long as it's not used in Arslan. The only b-sides that have been as awful as some of the recent a-sides have also been insert songs (snow falling, Mirai, arguably misteroiso) so if it's a standalone song then it'll probably be decent.

Yet Manten could be considered a special ending theme, so it's arguably not an insert theme.

Yet Manten could be considered a special ending theme, so it's arguably not an insert theme.
Pff, wording technicality. The basic complaint thrown around was that all 'recent' A-sides (which were all anime tie-ins) were shite so Manten most definitely counts. :p snow falling wasn't an insert either, just a special arrange of an ending BGM.

Manten is one of my favourite songs. I like it more than to the beginning. I think that Natsu no Asa can be a special ending.

I like Snow Falling, Mirai and Manten, actually. Misterioso, on the other hand... I tend to forget it even exists. Might be my less favourite song by Kalafina.

I have hopes on Natsu no asa ^^

Manten is great, but the others are just dull.

Talking of forgetting things though, I forgot to include dolce in my list of b-sides that aren't good. Naturally I forgot it existed until now. Again.

So is this the b-sides discussion thread now? Sorry I can't help saying it, lol.
Anyways, I will check out the single whether it will release on iTunes in different countries days after it gets released in Japan. I noticed it with FOTW, so hopefully it becomes routine. I find it hard for me to buy the physical copy at the moment, so getting it digitally might do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like all except snow falling, though it's nice and calming to fall asleep to in the winter. heh Mine goes: manten>misterioso>mirai>snow falling I like misterioso a lot more after their last fotw live and seeing/hearing it in the movie. Mirai I actually like to tap my foot to, and it's a happy song.

Ahh getting excited for next week! Can't believe it's already August though, since it did not seem like that long ago that fotw came out, but it was last year! Wow. And One Light came out last year as well. I am excited for the vinyl, which hopefully won't skip for me this time (has had two Kala vinyls skip for me.) Just listened to the tv size again since I don't want to listen to the full until it comes. I am looking forward to the bside as well.

I like Snow Falling, Mirai and Manten, actually. Misterioso, on the other hand... I tend to forget it even exists. Might be my less favourite song by Kalafina.

I have hopes on Natsu no asa ^^
Misterioso is pretty meh, it's just a generic song to fill some space, beautiful to see live, but otherwise forgettable (even if when I see it live I can almost like it xD). Tsuioku, on the other hand, is damn gorgeous, so dark and misterious. :shy:
Also, nice to see someone else likes Mirai, I tought I was like the only one on Earth xD
Kill me, but I adore Samidare too, and I´d die to see it live.
Hopefully, soon we´ll get to see how Natsu no Asa finally is ~ Kajiura, we have faith in you!

My boyfriend also likes Samidare, and he's not into Kajiura music that much overall. But Samidare turned out to be one of his favorite songs, and he often asks me to "make the happy music" :)

Misterioso is pretty meh, it's just a generic song to fill some space, beautiful to see live, but otherwise forgettable (even if when I see it live I can almost like it xD). Tsuioku, on the other hand, is damn gorgeous, so dark and misterious. :shy:
Also, nice to see someone else likes Mirai, I tought I was like the only one on Earth xD
Kill me, but I adore Samidare too, and I´d die to see it live.
Hopefully, soon we´ll get to see how Natsu no Asa finally is ~ Kajiura, we have faith in you!

I do like Samidare too! I was just talking about those b-sides because they were being discussed :)
I L O V E Tsuioku, IEN and koibito, this is my favourite kind of Kalafina song.

I guess we are a little off topic now.

Samples are up on CDJ (it's on Amazon Japan afaik too). Just listened to the snippet of Natsu no Asa and I can't wait to hear the whole thing. It kinda reminds me of a folk-like song.

Back