Kalafina 19th single "Blaze" ED for Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

Speaking of that, are there many b-sides that haven't been performed live yet?
Only Samidare hasn't been performed live, but what I mainly meant by that was a b-side that was performed once or twice but then seemingly never spoken of again (ex. Serenato)

serenato was an album track too, tho, so it's not going out of print for a while. ;p

I suspect it'll get played at the Blaze release events and may well make an appearance on the upcoming tour. I wouldn't put it past them releasing another BD for the Arena tour so hopefully they'll perform it there since it's fresh material and we can see it performed live.

More so those that haven't been given a proper live release (on BD, that is). Tsuioku, Samidare, Utsukushisa, lirica, Yane no Mukou ni, dolce and gloria.

I really liked both songs but I'm not completely sold on the last chorus of blaze; I think it might have sounded better without Wakana and Keiko chiming in. Like others have said, the Kajiurago bit doesn't really match the rest of the song and I feel it ends rather abruptly as well. Harmonies were great, I think that was this single's strongest point for me.

As far as 夏の朝, I loved the melodies and harmonies going on. Someone mentioned Wakana's voice/delivery: the best way to describe it (for me, at least), is that she's singing in a sort of cutesy-ish way(?). She doesn't sound bad but her voice is noticeably shaky/trembly compared to Hikaru and Keiko's, erm, richer/smoother singing (although Hikaru sounded just a little cutesy/shaky in the very beginning too). Also, the flute solo to me sounds like a rearrangement/is reminiscent of Lacrimosa's verses, just in a different signature/pitch. That may be why it sounds familiar to some.

More so those that haven't been given a proper live release (on BD, that is). Tsuioku, Samidare, Utsukushisa, lirica, Yane no Mukou ni, dolce and gloria.

Also, iirc, Ashita no Keshiki.

I like the verses and pre(?)-chorus of blaze quite a bit. I'm so-so on the chorus. It may grow on me like one light did, if I hear a live version of it. Overall, generic, but not bad.

Natsu no Asa was less than I originally expected, however I still enjoy it! The melody's quite catchy to me.

Yeah, I LOVED how gloria was performed in Boston with Yuki playing the piano, which nowadays is a rare occurrence for Kala songs. I wish she would play more often, maybe switch off with Sakurada? That's just my dream concert though. heh

Just listened to all songs (instrumentals included) again on record! It doesn't skip for me huzzah! lol Okay, thoughts on each:

Blaze: I don't know, the only part I really love about the song is the Kajiurago. I wish someone would just splice together all of the Kajiurago. That would be amazing! I do like the instrumental, probably better. (Sorry girls and Yuki.) I think it should have been for the second verse Keiko and Wakana switching off since it was Hikaru and Wakana the first time. That's just me though. I like it more than One Light but only by a little bit.

Natsu no Asa: Does anyone else hear Fanelia from Escaflowne in there? At least I do. Listening to the song now and they sound similar. Maybe she was listening to the soundtrack? heh It also sounds very Makoka and Sorairo mixed. But then she said herself that her songs may sound similar. I like it, but it doesn't stand out to me like Samidare, Tsuioku and Koibito do for recent bsides. Yay more Keiko lines! I kind of wish she had more though, though you can hear her a little better in this song than others. I like the flute. This probably would be a good song for the strings concert. Love the instrumental part. Reminds me a bit of Scrapped Princess' soundtrack as well. I kind of like the length of it, it's short but sweet.

The instrumentals are really nice, like I said. I could listen to them by themselves like Natsu for a nice calming effect. heh I am so glad that this record did not skip for me. Also on there is the tv size of blaze. I will watch the PV tonight probably.

Its up on HnA :)

Ιntrumentals review:
blaze: It is rare to not like an instumental of a song, and blaze instr is that case, since its soo boring.
natsu no asa: So sweet and beautifully played! Too bad the harp is probably synched and we will never see it live. I love all the instruments these :dote:

At some point they must release all the b-sides instrumentals since many of them have lovely musics

Last edited:
I actually like the ending of natsu no asa instrumental from about 2:30 till the flute... some interesting percussion along with violin which I thought was nice. and also the violin in the middle i guess?

the flute would have bothered me less if the leitmotif between 0:11-:0:16 hadn't presented itself. it's almost like a Kajiura signature now. in fact has been for years. nwhaha I laugh every time I hear it.

oot:

serenato and Ashita no Keshiki might have a chance to make their way back to Kalafina live setlist for their upcoming arena lives in September because they both use percussion (iirc) and they invited a percussionist but they don't have that many songs with percussion to begin with, so all songs that have percussion might be performed. Just like accordion in Budokan. Plus the chance to have the Arena Live on DVD/BD imo is quite high.

Also, iirc, they say they might make a special analog edition of KnK songs if they sell quite well. Judging by how all their releases now are available in analog, when will we have this special analog edition of KnK songs?
I want all KnK theme instrumentals that haven't been released before (Kizuato, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete iku, ARIA, fairytale, seventh heaven, and Alleluia. dolce and snow falling not so much lol).

back to topic:
PV is out. The engrish is light your sole way. Typical Kalafina PV. Screentime: 60% Keiko, 30% Hikaru, 10% Wakana. Keiko got all the action in the PV. Keiko did some running, walking, bending, squatting, and even showing her lovely thigh in one scene. All the girls looked really pretty, I like Hikaru's shoes.

Just wanna make sure, did they announced any release commemoration mini lives for the single ? Because nobody menthioned them but they usually do

they did

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/kalafina/info/471308

■ Venue: Hankyu Nishinomiya Gardens 4F Sky Garden leaves the stage
■ Date and time: August 13, 2016 (Sat) 14:00

■ Venue: Kawasaki Plaza Ruefer Square Grand Stage
■ Date and time: August 14, 2016 (Sun) 14: 00 ~

back to topic:
PV is out. The engrish is light your sole way. Typical Kalafina PV. Screentime: 60% Keiko, 30% Hikaru, 10% Wakana. Keiko got all the action in the PV. Keiko did some running, walking, bending, squatting, and even showing her lovely thigh in one scene. All the girls looked really pretty, I like Hikaru's shoes.
"Light your sole way" - was NOT EXPECTING THAT! :XD:

That would be huge misunderstanding XD. Actually there are no few the cases where in the PVs or even the live DVDs there's Wakana singing but the camera shows Keiko.

Omg that pv was so boring. So many keiko shots wow want more wakana and hikaru christ

Blaze - nothing more to say. The melody is catchy. I like the chorus - even if it's generic as hell. I like this song but I'm still expecting much more of A-sides. Last verses of Wakana are nice and sounds interesting.

Natsu no Asa - I love the first verses! Flute intro give me a feel of fantasy. Refrain is so romantic. Every note of refrain reminds me medieval melodies a little. The song is beautiful - I hope it will be on setlist from Arena Lives.

Back