Kalafina 19th single "Blaze" ED for Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

Secondary link if Atlas Star's doesn't work: :fan:

Anyway, I thought the PV was boring as well, but aren't pretty much all Kalafina PVs? All except pretty much (arguably) kagayaku and symphonia had nothing but them standing in various environments singing. Anyway, I am hoping the Arena live will be recorded and released on BD/DVD with Natsu no Asa, even though it would be bit expensive to have two BDs filmed in one year (though Budokan was like that).

To be honest, I´m not even gonna watch the PV because I can already imagine how it is (80% Keiko standing there and singing, sometimes focusing on other girls just to pretend PV is not about Keiko) and I honestly don´t care about it. I rarely watch their PVs, they´re boring af. At least some of them like Moonfesta or KnGnN had beautiful clothes and scenario, but I´m 99% sure this is not the case. I enjoy live videos waaaay more.
Anyway, thanks for sharing ♥

About the single...
Blaze: It´s pretty catchy, I couldn´t take its melody out of my head for like two days. I think it´s more fitting for an OP than an ED. Kajiurago is nice, but doesn´t fit with the song at all for me. Besides that, pretty generic and forgettable song. Probably gonna skip it most of the time. Let`s see if it growns on me after seeing it live, but I think it will not.

Natsu no asa: :imdead: PERFECTION. I`m really liking this folkish songs, and the girls and Kajiura-sama did an amazing work on this. Beautiful song, love the chorus. Love everything, actually. It´s really magic and romantic. After watch FotW concert I felt like the whole album is trying to tell a story, some kind of magical journey (??) Natsu no Asa feel like the continuation to that story. Praying for a live version now.:wai:
Also, it would be 1000000x better ED than Blaze.

Instrumentals: Blaze was plain boring, Natsu no Asa was lovely. I wish we could get more B-sides instrumentals.

You know what? It bugs me that almost for sure, Blaze will be a track to their next album, and Natsu no Asa won´t. Which I really dislike, because with FotW A-sides ruined the whole album. And being Natsu no asa such a beautiful song... Also, their albums are targeted to their "real" fans rather than the anime fanboys, so yeah, I don´t know what´s with adding those songs we don´t really care about ~

Btwn, I need a decent live version of serenato :touched:

They add the A-sides because they are mainly working on anime songs, so if they dont add the A-sides the fans of every anime they have sung for wont buy their album for collection purposes (all music releases from X anime), so their only audience will be the people who like them as artists, people like us. Also adding the b-sides too in an album would leave very limited space (4 track) for new album songs.

And there is one more reason. If in an album they put both a-sides and b-sides they make buying the singles themselves pointless, most people would just wait for every of their album instead of spending 15$/euro/1200 yen on every single. By not adding the b-sides a fan in order to have all songs has to buy every single for the b-sides that are in + the album for the new album songs

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority here but I really enjoyed this single! I actually like Blaze way more than One Light. Hikaru does really well with the boisterous energy of the song and I think the girls all sound better in Blaze than they do in One Light (the studio version of OL comes across as a bit too fast, so the girls sound a bit breathless at times to my ears, especially Wakana). It does sound more like an OP than an ED though. I know everyone's saying it's really generic and well, I wouldn't disagree, but I personally don't see 'generic' as something negative necessarily. It's catchy and enjoyable.
Judging from people's comments about Wakana sounding really shaky before I listened to Natsu no Asa, I thought it was going to be something from like how she was in 2010-2012, but I was pleasantly surprised. I dunno, maybe my hearing isn't as good but she sounded perfectly fine to me. In fact, she sounded really smooth especially at the beginning, almost like her old pre-2010 voice. The song itself is beautiful, especially the instruments. It sounds more like it should be the Arslan ED than Blaze tbh :XD: Anyways, I can just imagine the girls singing this as medieval minstrels sitting in a forest, strumming a lute and harp and playing the flute or something lol.
Overall, I'm not absolutely blown away by this single or anything, but I'm not disappointed either. I found it really enjoyable. I hope their next release is a nice dark, angsty song though, I've missed those recently.

EDIT: I just checked out the translation's that going underway for Natsu no Asa's lyrics. Why does it somehow feel like all of Kajiura's songs about love are always tinged with a bit of sadness, even if they're outwardly happy? Who hurt you, Kajiura? Who hurt you? ;A;

Last edited by a moderator:
^Hey there Cerise!

As for the PV, watched it. I like the fire at the end... but why the abandoned building again? The girls are so beautiful and it makes them look kind of weird in this... I don't know if it's the lighting or what. I laughed when Wakana touched the wall again, I love her hair style for this single. And Keiko's is like ring your bell kind of. Hikaru seemed to be enjoying herself, but Keiko seemed like the one to be fierce this time. lol

I love that Kajiurago, wish it fit a little better. Maybe it should have went with far on the water?

The PV is too gray. I'm still missing a story in Kalafina's PVs. Keiko and Hikaru were looking very agressive in the PV. I really enjoy the fire in the end - I hope that it will be a good effect during arena live (maybe it's stupid but I think that fireballs during live are looking so cool! Of course good performance can replace the effects. Effects are only for making the performance more epic!). I don't think that Keiko has much more shoots than rest of girls. Maybe a little... But it's maybe because she has least solo lines? Or maybe the PV director think that Keiko is the most attractive from the three girls?

Because Keiko has the most singing time out of the girls in most songs. Hikaru and Wakana usually alternate leads while Keiko is always in the background harmonizing.

If you cant hear hear clearly it doesnt really count i think, yes many songs are filled with keiko if you use vocal filter, eg in Red Moon. Also there are some songs that have Yuriko or Kajiura for background, i think Tsuioku is the song with the most Y. Kajiura.

If you cant hear hear clearly it doesnt really count i think, yes many songs are filled with keiko if you use vocal filter, eg in Red Moon. Also there are some songs that have Yuriko or Kajiura for background, i think Tsuioku is the song with the most Y. Kajiura.
You don't hear KEIKO's harmonizations when you listen to Kalafina or FictionJunction songs?

I laughed so hard when Keiko spun on the wall in the same shot as her walking towards the camera. It looked like she was trying a little too hard to be cool. Keiko and Hikaru are very narmy in the pv

The Blaze PV is not bad. All three of them look great! Though, I do wish there was something more... animated I guess? I'm not really expecting a story (or anything similar to what SH was), but I liked things like the silhouettes from one light and fotw, the rain from Kagayaku, and the instruments and dancing from HnS, just to name a few. Just something more than standing or walking. Still, I'll generally like a PV if I like the outfits and setting(s).

Also, looks like Blaze debuted at #7 on Oricon yesterday and moved up to #6 today.

I can't stop listening to natsu no asa. It makes me want to write, and any song that manages to do that deserves my love.
Blaze already grew on me, but I still prefer One Light.

Btwn, I need a decent live version of serenato :touched:
Hear, hear :TdT:

In relation to this thread, blaze sounds boring as a whole song, even the Kajiurago felt weird tbrh. Natsu no Asa was a little disappointing. :...: I guess I set my expectation too high. But a few more listens and I'm sure these two will grow on me, as usual :@_@:

I'm happy with this single. blaze is generic but still catchy and the girls sound quite good imo. The bridge was kinda weird tho. The PV offers nothing new to the table, standard kalafina PV, no surprise there. I quite like Natsu no Asa, kalafolkina is always a pleasure to listen to. It's a chill, romantic song, reminds me of Natsu no Ringo. The flute is lovely.

I haven't felt any desire to go back to Blaze at all since release. I listen to Natsu no Asa regularly though, it's still growing on me. I love it.

CpuoyB2VIAAvigp.jpg

CpuoyB3VUAETivh.jpg

2016/08/13 at Hankyu Nishinomiya Gardens 4F Sky Garden Center Stage

Setlist:
01. blaze
02. 夏の朝 (natsu no asa)
03. sprinter

http://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainmen...rom=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
https://twitter.com/gardens_live/status/764390157696983041
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160813-00000068-dal-ent

I wanna listen to Natsu no asa live :wai:

Back