Kalafina 19th single "Blaze" ED for Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

Wow that's alot of people for a 3 songs event! :D

there will be one more event tomorrow at Kawasaki Plaza Ruefer Square Grand Stage

lol at those people who tied bed sheets on their head for sun protection :XD:

Last edited:
http://vgmdb.net/album/58653

Credits

Kalafina is Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru
Produced by Yuki Kajiura

All Arrangement & Programming: Yuki Kajiura

M-01 - TV Anime "The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Fujin Ranbu" Ending Theme
Electric Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Tomoharu "Jr." Takahashi
Strings: Hitoshi Konno Strings
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida

M-02
Electric Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Acoustic Guitar: Masayoshi Furukawa
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Tomoharu "Jr." Takahashi
Percussion: Obawo Nakajima
Strings: Kiyo Kido Trio
Flute: Rie Akagi

Recording & Mixing Engineer: Takashi Koiwa (SIGN SOUND)
Recording Studio: STUDIO SOUND VALLEY, LAB recorders, SoundCity, SIGN SOUND

Mastering Engineer: Yuki Chinone (Sony Music Studios Tokyo)
Mastering Studio: Sony Music Studios Tokyo

I guess trio means no 2nd violin ?

Yes, I want to hear Natsu live. I hope there will be some video of it somewhere. I love the dresses in that picture though. They look a little more bright than in the PV or album covers. Wakana looks kind of big compared to the other two. And as far as the lace goes I think I like Hikaru's the best. I just think they are kind of dark for the title blaze. Also listening to Kugatsu again and the instrumental part with the flute part sound a little similar to Natsu. And the Kajiurago like blaze.

Also george I am hearing cello, violin and maybe a viola.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://vgmdb.net/album/58653

Mastering Engineer: Yuki Chinone (Sony Music Studios Tokyo)
Mastering Studio: Sony Music Studios Tokyo

I know no one cares, but the mastering engineer is actually Yuuji Chinone and he's been responsible for all Kalafina's mastering. So I'm pretty sure that was a mistyping of his name on whoever translated that. But another reason I'm bringing this up is that it just reminded me how lucky we are that Kalafina didn't get a bad mastering engineer - because their songs are not ruined by distortion and they actually sound good which is pretty rare nowadays. So yeah - we can at least pay this guy some respect by writing his name correct and remember what important job these people are entrusted to when it comes to our favorite music.

I can't get either of these songs out of my head!! Blaze is generic yes, but so catchy!! I'm already working on my cover for it!
And Natsu no Asa is beautiful! I love that flute so much! I love how the girls blend in their lines together. Again, a cover is in progress but with my cover group. Hopefully will be up this month!

14/08 commemoration event setlist is the same with the one on 13/08, just One Light replacing sprinter (blaze, Natsu no Asa, One Light)

The comments on their MV on KalafinaVEVO youtube channel aren't that nice lol. Most people think this is way "too generic" as in " it sounds like typical anime songs".

Haha that can result in 2 things :
1. They read it and take it into consideration for future songs
2. They disable comments and keep doing same type songs.

thanks for the setlist :)

It isn't a good score even if the concurency was big. Kalafina need a spectacular single like magia or hikari furu. Please Kajiura-san don't compose songs for so mainstream anime... Create songs for dark and mysterious anime. I think that A-side like Kimi no Gin no Niwa, Lacrimosa, Magia or Hikari no Senritsu would be great.

I think I like blaze but it's not what I expect of Kalafina

I noticed that Kalafina singles have 3 sales patterns; the 10k level like Blaze and OL. The 20k level like HB, HnS, and Aleluia. Lastly, the 50k hit level like KnGnN, TTB, and Hikarifuru.

Only 10k sales and 10th?

Guess that's what happens when you release a song that does nothing to stand out from the crowd.

^ but according to you songs that dont stand out from the crowd ( = mainstream) sell better, this is a contradiction.

considering it had similar sales with One Light, I guess only Arslan Senki fans bought it. Its not any kind of super famous franchise anyway.

They are in the top 10 in Recochoku and iTunes though, which is kind of impressive. I'm still waiting for another great A-side from them tbh, 2015 was a rough year to be a Kalafina fan, musically.

^ but according to you songs that dont stand out from the crowd ( = mainstream) sell better, this is a contradiction.

considering it had similar sales with One Light, I guess only Arslan Senki fans bought it. Its not any kind of super famous franchise anyway.

Yes, Arslan isn't that famous franchise. Just compare the two singles to Believe and RYB from FSN, they sold more than twice although most of Kala fans consider Believe to be one of their worst songs.

They are in the top 10 in Recochoku and iTunes though, which is kind of impressive. I'm still waiting for another great A-side from them tbh, 2015 was a rough year to be a Kalafina fan, musically.
I personally didn't think it was rough. Ring your bell was excellent (as an A-side and it's B-side was amazing too). FotW was released and there were a ton of really good songs in there. We had Samidare from OL and even OL itself wasn't that bad of a song since the girls (Hikaru especially) kill this song live.

Rough would be 2014.

A good song can always sell even if it's used in a relatively unknown anime. Eir's lapis lazuli was quite popular in Japan. Even though the physical CDs don't sell that much (well, 30k is quite a lot actually for an anison singer, especially in recent years - compare that to One Light's measly 17k sales). Plus afaik it's quite popular on digital downloads. Convenience stores there played that song quite often too, just like Kalafina's Magia.

Tsubasa is just not special and not good. Just like One Light and blaze.

Back