Kalafina 19th single "Blaze" ED for Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

wow, Natsu no Asa sounds really promising even though the flute in the beginning reminds me of "for another episode (?)" from Madokamovie ost. The way the song is sung is quite new for Kalafina, all canon-esque with all girls' voice overlapping each other. Somehow I kinda think that they wait to release the single until August because "hachigatsu" is on the lyrics lol.

Oh yes it sure has are rennaisance atmosphere to it.

Also i think this is the first time ever we get sample for the insrumental tracks too :)

Wakana sounds great in it! We didnt have an overlapping song since the very first single!

so I guess Natsu no Asa is indeed sorta similar (in style) to natsu on ringo ;)

Oh, ritardando is right, it has a madokesque vibe indeed. Like sorairo no isu meets Madoka.
I already love it, obviously.

I really want to hear the rest of Natsu no Asa. Sounds amazing. <3

Of course, this would be a song that would sound godlike live.

NATSU NO ASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOOOOOVVEEEEEE YOUUUUU :love::love::love:

^My reaction listening to the sample. Though from the sound of it I wouldn't be surprised if it was used in Arslan (more fitting than both OL and blaze), it doesn't matter. The lead switching and all the countermelodies in the song is freaking awesome, and we need more of it. A lot more. And also, it has the first good flute part in a while (the solo in FotW was meh at best). Can't wait to hear the whole thing! Wednesday come quicker :plz:

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
Natsu no Asa is exactly what I was expecting, but like 10000 times better. It has the folky FotW feel (which I really, really love). but improved. Instrumental is really beautiful as well ♥
They sound different from what they usually do (when Keiko voice is so sweet it makes my heart melt), I´m so proud our little girls have grown so much Q//v//Q
This is one of those song that will become PERFECTION once it´s sung live. I´m sure the harmonies will become much more powerful and magic.
I hope the single gets leaked soon. Or at least full Natsu no Asa. I can´t say I care for at all One Li... I mean Blaze

I LOVE 夏の朝 SO MUCH!
I love how each girl have their part in the first 45 second of this song
Can't wait to hear the full version of this song
Also still waiting for blaze. Hopefully it's a good song.

Ahh natsu no asa sounds so pretty! Can't wait to hear the rest

Y'all are getting me hyped again. Describing a song as Madokaesque is a phrase that can get me highly erect, so naturally I cannot wait now, but I want to hear the whole thing fresh. Why you gotta do this to me.

I don't like the sample much. Don't know if it's the quality but Wakana sounds very nasal and shakey.

Edit: *Cough* :fan:

.... fuck the bridge in blaze. The song has a cute ending, I guess, so they could've used that as the bridge base rather than standard Yuriko.
I don't hate Natsu no Asa but it's pretty disjointed and Wakana sounds pretty bad to me. The flute felt super simple and tiresome despite the short track length...
The instrumentals are cute, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the sample much. Don't know if it's the quality but Wakana sounds very nasal and shakey.

Edit: *Cough* :fan:

.... fuck the bridge in blaze. The song has a cute ending, I guess, so they could've used that as the bridge base rather than standard Yuriko.
I don't hate Natsu no Asa but it's pretty disjointed and Wakana sounds pretty bad to me. The flute felt super simple and tiresome despite the short track length...
The instrumentals are cute, I guess.
Was the single leaked? Your fan onion doesn't have a link attached to it

Grunty never shares new musics :p

(he loves the feeling being the one having listened while the other are drooling haha)

Last edited:
Natsu no Asa was a letdown compared to other b-sides like "lapis" and "samidarega sugitakoroni". Was expecting more.

I can see myself getting tired of blaze... Only thing preventing me from skpping in the car would be that finale. but can i really live with that boring ass bridge? (reasonwhy i skip heavenly blue honestly is the bridge :p)

I love the melody, the harmonies and all the instruments in natsu no asa, its obvious she has worked on it more than in any other song the previous 2 years. :D (Wakana sounds fine to me, maybe its just your headphones @grunty? )

About blaze, so happy that keiko got a pretty good chunk after the TV-size point, the e-guitar is too generic, that type of Yuriko chorus definetely doesnt fit with the type of song (wtf?). Indeed the ending is interesting, and indeed they could used that instead for bridge.

Last edited:
i burst out laughing at blaze's bridge lol typical same old kajiura why
the second part has keiko switches place with hikaru in the verses
the guitar isn't all that special, tho it is the best part of the song
the ending is quite different, the last line apparently is in engrish that i couldn't decipher

natsu no asa is a total letdown. the sample was really promising and i like the verses but the chorus is just so boring, it reminds me of one other kajiura song that i couldn't place. maybe it's just the rhythm but it's nothing original.
agreed with grunty, the flute in the bridge makes the song feels really long even though the song is just verses-chorus-verses-bridge-chorus and it's not even 4 minute length. the last 30 secs is also instrumental only, i feel like the instruments only parts are even longer than the part where the girls actually sing. wakana was really shakey in her delivery but kalafina's latest releases aren't as polished as they used to be (Mahiru being another example, as if they only recorded the song once and just go with it) and it's really noticeable when she sang without keiko harmonizing her.

Back