Kalafina 10th Anniversary Live at Nippon Budokan (2018-01-23) (BD/DVD Release June 13/2018)

yay they performed heavenly blue! no believe though? :(

Unpopular opinion incoming:
believe has actually grown on me quite a bit. Sure, it's a run-of-the-mill kala song and Wakana sounds bored af in the studio version, but I like the melody and arrangement of it quite a bit. It has a really cool vibraphone(?) sound in the verses, and also has really rich harmonies. Also the chorus has my favorite chord progression (i-VI-VII-III) so I'm bound to like it :XD:

who knows I may be biased cause believe was the first single that released when I started listening to kala

Reactions: aki
There's a couple songs on the setlist that I'm not the fondest of and would have preferred Mata Kaze ga and sandpiper to be somewhere in there, but otherwise I love how the voting turned out! Lirica was the number one song I wanted to be sung and now we'll (most likely) have a live video to go with it. I wanna see Keiko's Kajiurago solo. :love:

I found it interesting the lack of album-only songs being voted into the setlist. Only 4 made it (Ongaku, Natsu no Ringo, red moon, and Eden symphonia) and none of which were from consolation or fotw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eden? Do you mean Symphonia?

Yeah I'd have switched Mirai for Sandpiper and HB for Matakaze in an instant. Maybe they didn't want to make it so perfect that nobody would ever come back.

Eden? Do you mean Symphonia?

Yeah I'd have switched Mirai for Sandpiper and HB for Matakaze in an instant. Maybe they didn't want to make it so perfect that nobody would ever come back.
That's what I get for making that post at 6am. :...: Yes, I meant symphonia, not Eden.

I like believe too. True, not the best song, but I like it more than HB, though HB is enjoyable live. I stand by the statement of the lives are different than in concert. Even the audio for Anime Chicago was different, but that was to be expected. They have issues, but usually quickly resolve it. Ooooh Natsu was there. I missed it. Lol So many good songs! Ugh. I am so bummed I missed it. And not being able to meet so many of you. But I am glad for those that came and can report. I hope for a release too! I am sure, since this is such an important live. I love I have a dream and Tsuioku so much, but at least we got them performed before. Tsuioku could be more though. Heh I am glad Wakana was able to do lirica well. I love that song so much too. I do agree that Magia has been there too long, and HB, but I guess it's okay. I like blaze but One Light is kind of meh and Hikaru has a hard time on it live. So I am glad for the other songs. Anyways, I hope they like our book, I am sure they will. And Yuki going past your friend Megy? OMG! I would have fainted. I met her in Boston and could barely say thank you. Haha

@Squall Leonhart from the moment they started singing in "ring your bell", I heard a difference. I was definitely naive to think that they ACTUALLY sounded like the DVD releases in their lives.

It's true, I heard a lot of flat notes, both at Budoukan and also at the acoustic live I attended last year. This surprised me a lot, not only because I'd been similarly naive, believing that they could perform perfectly or near-perfectly, but because I believed that having witnessed it. In the entire Mexico City live there was just one flat note, and I don't remember hearing a single pitch problem at Anime Central in 2013. So part of me wonders if it's getting worse... though I don't see how that's possible. It kind of hurts my soul though, since I look up to them so much as a musician.

As for the setlist, though I have my favorites, there is no Kalafina song that I dislike, and not even one I think is boring. I was very surprised to hear Lirica and Yane no Mukou ni though, since I wasn't aware that they were very popular at all. I was even more shocked, however, at the absence of Magia. I was convinced that Kalafina would never sing another live without singing Magia. But you would think, wouldn't you, that if its absence were due to everyone's being tired of it, that oblivious never would have made second place. My vote, Gloria, unfortunately didn't even make it into the top 100 (I don't think...) but that's OK, it was a wonderful concert, though to be honest, I still don't think it was quite as good as Mexico City, that one would be hard to beat.

Oh, also, I like believe as well (obviously, from what I said above). The shift from 巡り来る時の中で出会った君といた僕を信じている to 過ぎて行く時の中で出会った変わりゆく僕を信じている gets me every time.

Oh! And forgive me for not reading the entire thread, if this has already been resolved, but the concert was definitely recorded. In the pamphlet there's a list of credits for live staff, and there are three people credited with recording the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really weird to me is that Kalafina is almost pitch perfect singing OTHER PEOPLE's songs, but not their own unless it's acapella.

Maybe they should switch from doing their own songs to being a cover group if it means they sound better live lol

I really wish Yuki would’ve been there...I was secretly hoping she’d pop out and play the piano for some of their ballads. Or even having Yuriko do back up vocals. It was definitely a Back to Basics theme which I enjoyed but apart of me wanted it to be a huge festival with all the bells and whistles. Maybe the 15th anniversary lol

but she was there? at the second floor
only part of the audience tho. welp (:

^My friend saw her sitting at the first row of 1st floor south stand and she wave happily to Hikaru when Hikaru wave to the audience. However, I did not see her :rain:

https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/171459

Kalafinaが武道館に響き渡らせた「未来福音」『Kalafina 10th Anniversary LIVE 2018』レポート
レポート

音楽

アニメ/ゲーム
18:00
aIQMTLfScARx8wN0Sw6fsnfdoJyyRfcMm15nt1rPeifHbrMUYu3RGFy0CbKHXu4M.jpg

撮影:キセキミチコ

画像を全て表示(5件)
2018.1.23(Tue)『Kalafina 10th Anniversary LIVE 2018』 日本武道館
一体どれだけの人間が、この空間を10年前に想像できていただろうか。

劇場版アニメ『空の境界』のために結成されたKalafinaは元々ライブをすることも、こんなに長期間に渡って活動し続ける予定もなかった。もっと言ってしまえばデビューシングル「oblivious」をリリースした段階ではまだメンバーすら発表されていなかった。

そんな流動的な存在だった彼女たちは10周年の今、日本武道館のステージに立っている。

会場は超満員、通常ではステージが見えにくいということで開放されない見切れ席も限界まで開放され埋まっている。皆彼女たちがこの武道館で何を魅せてくれるのか、それだけを楽しみに詰めかけている。折しも前日は関東地方は豪雪となり、足元も悪い中での開催となったが、そんなものはどこ吹く風というように早い時間から武道館は記念グッズを求める観客で長蛇の列が出来ていた。

期待が入り交じる空間の中、定刻ピッタリにステージは始まった。ステージには二本の旗、それが広がっていくと「X」が刻まれていた。10年の積み重ねが今、一つの形となって結実しようとしている。

万雷の拍手の中登場した三人が最初に奏でた音楽は「ring your bell」。最初から壮大な世界観を魅せつけたあとは、ライブ後半で披露されることの多い「未来」へ。立ち上がり手拍子を刻む観客もどこか「普段と違う」という感覚を覚えたかもしれない。

RoaFl8muUDHBTmGJMzQ5Ym8DE4zxQncL4brHNYDUVeaNDxs4X7ngCMk6u20aREEW.jpg

Keiko 撮影:キセキミチコ

「皆さんからリクエストいただいた、大切な1曲1曲を心込めてお届けできる1日にしたいなと思っております。」とKeikoが語り、次に歌われたのは「lirica」。

あまりライブで歌われることのない楽曲だが、今回のライブはファン投票による上位楽曲で構成されているとのこと。以前KeikoがSPICE生放送で「かなり考えているんですが、ファン投票の曲だけでやってみようと思ってるんです」と話してくれたが、まさにその通りの内容になっていた。

ここからが怒涛だった。「光の旋律」や「storia」などの比較的最近のライブでは定番だった楽曲から「屋根の向こうに」「夏の林檎」などの久々に生で聴く曲もあり、一気に9曲連続での歌唱。

他のライブでは9曲連続歌唱などめったに見たことがない。比較的静かな曲の多いパートだったとはいえ、その一曲一曲に込められた熱量はいつも以上のものを感じた。見るものが圧倒されつつ歌は進んでいく。

9曲連続の最後にやってきたのは人気も高い名曲「sprinter」。激しくも切ない思いを感じさせるこの曲で静かに音楽と対峙していた観客も立ち上がる。コンディションを心配する余裕すら与えない彼女たちは額に汗を浮かべつつも笑顔。まだ行けるよ?そう言われている気がした。戸惑いはどこか彼女たちの覚悟を受け止める静謐な炎となって心に灯りだす。

今回のライブはギター是永巧一をバンマスに置いたバンドスタイルで編成されている。そこにフルートやアコーディオンが加わっていたのだが、なんだか久しぶりにバンドスタイルのKalafinaを見るような気がしてしまった。実際は7月の『9+ONE』ツアー最終日以来なので、半年も経っていないのだが、先日まで『Kalafina Acoustic Tour 2017〜“+ONE” with Strings〜』を行っていたKalafinaは2017年本当に歌い続けていた。

批判を承知で書くが、出来る限り現場に向かいライブをレポートした身としては、このステージ数は大丈夫なのだろうか?と思ったこともある。Kalafinaの音楽の旅はこれからも続いていくが、彼女たちだって人間だ、コンディションや疲労だってあるだろう。それをこなし続けるKalafinaが心配になることもあった一年だったというのが筆者の本音だ。

しかし、彼女たちはそのひとつひとつを手を抜かず歌い紡ぎあげてきた。その日だけの音楽、という言葉はKalafinaがよく使う言葉だが、同じ曲でも同じ表現・同じ感情になることはないのだ。レコーディングでは存在しない“観客”という最後のパートが揃ってこそ、今のKalafinaの音楽がある。

yoNZnHZoAhYE3UPwizVb80q537vxfED6L3xluXUAkGXK1osBhAHE6SlDXxJ0i8WJ.jpg

Wakana 撮影:キセキミチコ

「今日は特別に、映像とともにお送りします」Wakanaが語り、奏でられた「oblivious」は、ufotableがこの日のために特別に編集したアニメ『空の境界』の映像と共に武道館に響き渡る。

Kalafinaが10周年ということは、『空の境界』も映像化10周年なのだ。共に祝い合う関係の2つの作品が今時を越えて混ざり合う。10年前とは違う響き、違う感情、違うテクニックを持って歌われることで、映像の中の両儀式が、黒桐幹也が、蒼崎橙子が慕情にも似た感情と共に心に浮かび上がる。

その後も「傷跡」「君が光に変えて行く」と『空の境界』からの楽曲が続き、「カンタンカタン」「symphonia」と続けて歌い続けるKalafina。3人の額に珠のような汗が浮かんでいく。「2ndアルバムは一曲一曲の世界観が強いんです、この曲も気持ちを込めて歌うので、お楽しみください」Hikaruが言うと「red moon」が奏でられる。MCが少ないのに加えて、本当に最低限のことしか語らない。余計なものを削ぎ落としているかのように音楽を届け続けるその空間は、祝福の柔らかいムードから、Kalafinaが作り上げた、伝えたい物にあふれる空間へと変貌していく。

ここからのパートは圧巻だった、久々の披露となる「adore」から「to the beginning」、「progressive」と激しく展開した後にやってきたのは、ライブでは定番かつ、Kalafina最強のハード・チューン「音楽」だ。ここまでも会場の縦横無尽に走り回り、観客に手を振り、目を見つめてきた3人はここぞとばかり激しく歌い、手を振り、指を天に突き出す。

wMhBwyiU0y863lzC9XOYV5xRvOw1CLkGNJpCjMa15xHRvXFgKrwd9yD1DTRVYLOF.jpg

Hikaru 撮影:キセキミチコ

バンドメンバーのソロパートも含んだスペシャルバージョンでの披露だったが、是永巧一も、佐藤強一も、櫻田泰啓も、高橋"Jr."知治も、赤木りえも、中島オバヲも、かとうかなこも情熱的にテクニックを魅せつけていく。今野均があれほど熱情的にバイオリンソロを奏でるのを始めてみたかもしれない。演者のぶつかりあうような熱量はKalafinaを通じて客席の隅々まで行き渡る。さっきまで声は持つのか、身体は平気なのかなど心配してしまった自分が馬鹿みたいだ。だって曲の中で歌われているじゃないか、「明日への近道がどうしても見つけられない」と。

Kalafinaは我々が思っているより不器用なのかもしれない。音楽に生き様を見出し、音楽に救われ、音楽で誰かとつながろうとしている。それはある意味言葉より雄弁なコミュニケーションではあるが、決して近道とは言えない生き方だ。それでもそれを愛してしまったから、彼女たちはそこに何があろうと音楽の旅を続けるのだろう。旅をしているのはKalafinaだけではない、その歌に触れた全員が共に旅をするキャラバンなのだ。

胸にこみ上げる熱いものを感じながら「heavenly blue」で会場の熱気は最高潮へ。行き着いた地平線のように顔を紅潮させて優しく、大きく歌われた「into the world」を終えると3人はステージ袖へ。アンコールが始まるかと思うとそのままバンドメンバーによる「君の銀の庭 Accordion solo ver. ~ nightmare ballet」へ。インストでもKalafinaの世界観をしっかりと伝えていくメンバーの演奏力の高さは言わずもがなではあるが、改めてオフボーカルで聴くとその凄さを実感する。そして光の中再登場したKalafinaは衣装を変えていた。白のドレスはまるでウェディングドレスのように見える。その輝きを振りまくように「ひかりふる」へ。

ああそうだ、最初にKalafinaを見た時も何故か光を感じたのを思い出す。来るとは誰も思っていなかった10年を迎え、純白のドレスに身を包む3人はまた一つ、見たことのない地平に足を踏み入れようとしている。白は猛々しい赤い照明を浴びて紅蓮の炎へと変わる、そのまま歌われた最新シングル「百火撩乱」。ここまでで26曲。定番にして最もメジャーな曲とも言える「Magia」も、アコースティックライブでもアレンジを変えて演奏されたアニメタイアップ楽曲「blaze」もない。MCコーナーで定番かつ人気のHikaruによるグッズ紹介もない。ただ、伝えたい音楽と、Kalafinaと、観客だけが武道館にある。

「今回は、MCも最低限に、アンコールも無しにしました、その時間もすべてみなさんと一緒に選んだ音楽を届ける時間にしたかったんです」とKeikoが笑顔で語る。「最後の曲です、たくさんの皆さんが選んでくれた曲です」そう言って流れてきたのは「アレルヤ」。何度も聴いてきたが、筆者はどの楽曲よりも“今”のKalafinaが映し出される鏡のような曲だと思っている。そして今日は、エクストラで歌われる楽曲がこの後にないことももうわかっている。全員が噛みしめるように耳を、心をステージに傾ける。

たくさんの人が選んだ一曲は今まで以上にキラキラと輝いて、先日の豪雪も止んだ夜の九段下に降り注ぐ優しさのようだった。Wakanaも、Keikoも、Hikaruもみんな笑顔だ。開演前の緊張、怒涛の連続歌唱での圧倒、コンディションを心配する不安、それを振り払う熱情、そして最後に残ったのは必ずやってくる明日への優しさだった気がしている。

終わってみれば投票開始後に発売された「百火撩乱」「カンタンカタン」以外の25曲は全てランキング上位のものだった。嘘偽り無く彼女たちは応援してくれているファンと音楽で真正面から向き合ったことになる。

b61omAOiNz5FNLCxDJclGKZNpLzUFcaDU1ERfURtHrSgLaIF83wadRq3hHD20h2z.jpg

撮影:キセキミチコ

もっと聴きたい曲があった人もいるかもしれない、もっと言葉を聞きたかった人がいるかもしれない。10周年の先に何があるか、それをKalafinaは言葉ではなく音楽で伝えることを選んだ。どこまでも音楽の旅を続ける3人にとってはそれは当たり前の選択だったんじゃないだろうか、確信はないけれど、そう思える内容だった。

終演した瞬間、ふとさっき見た『空の境界』の映像がリフレインした。頭のなかで両儀式が語る。

「未来ってのはあやふやだから無敵なんだ」

個人差はあるかもしれないが、間違いなくKalafinaからの未来福音は我々に届いた。

その我々と真剣に向き合ってくれたKalafinaにも、この想いは喜びと感謝として、届いていると信じている。

文・レポート:加東岳史 撮影:キセキミチコ

セットリスト
2018.1.23(Tue)『Kalafina 10th Anniversary LIVE 2018』 日本武道館

01.ring your bell
02.未来
03.lirica
04.満天
05.屋根の向こうに
06.光の旋律
07.storia
08.夏の林檎
09.serenato
10.ARIA
11.sprinter
12.oblivious
13.傷跡
14.君が光に変えて行く
15.カンタンカタン
16.symphonia
17.red moon
18.adore
19.to the beginning
20.progressive
21.音楽
22.heavenly blue
23.into the world
24.君の銀の庭 Accordion solo ver. ~ nightmare ballet (inst)
25.ひかりふる
26.百火撩乱
27.アレルヤ

In hindsight, I was very upset when heavenly blue played after Ongaku. The energy from Ongaku completely faded out for me. I would've much preferred blaze ~_~ am I the only one here that likes blaze LMAO

Back