Japanese Language Help

There are a few ways to say this, but a common way is 調子に乗るな (choushi ni noru na) or 調子に乗らないで (choushi ni noranaide) which sounds less abrasive to me …. but I would be careful using them and use them in the appropriate context (like not to your superiors).

Dear Shiro-san: Thanks so much for the answer!! I wasn't planning to use it in conversation. I just hear it all the time in different anime with different characters, and I always wondered what they were saying.

Take care.

Kugayama-san: Thank you for the article. I'll peruse it later.

I also had a question about the phrase "sou sumanai"-I don't know if I'm spelling the romaji correctly, but it was translated as "easy, not hard at all". If you have any thoughts, please let me know.
If you need an example, I heard it "Steins;Gate" episode 23 in the last few minutes when Okabe was talking while the ending song is playing.

Take care.

Kugayama-san: Thank you for the article. I'll peruse it later.

I also had a question about the phrase "sou sumanai"-I don't know if I'm spelling the romaji correctly, but it was translated as "easy, not hard at all". If you have any thoughts, please let me know.
If you need an example, I heard it "Steins;Gate" episode 23 in the last few minutes when Okabe was talking while the ending song is playing.

Take care.
Actually, what was said is 造作もない (zousa mo nai) which is loosely translated as "no difficulty". "Sou sumanai" means something entirely different.

Dear Shiro-san: Thanks for the reply; I really appreciate it.
Take care.

Ah yes, does anyone know how to type the "Special o" on a regular keyboard (Not お)

Then how would one translate my name "Aurora" into Katakana?

And to make sure my sentence structure is correct. Is this how you would say "Is that person eating a Hamburger"

あのひとはハンバアガアたべますか

Still learning Katakana in the class I'm in. Haven't learned Kanji yet.

Ah yes, does anyone know how to type the "Special o" on a regular keyboard (Not お)

Then how would one translate my name "Aurora" into Katakana?

And to make sure my sentence structure is correct. Is this how you would say "Is that person eating a Hamburger"

あのひとはハンバアガアたべますか

Still learning Katakana in the class I'm in. Haven't learned Kanji yet.
Do you mean the particle? を
If so it is spelled "wo" … for romaji I usually go by the way it is spelled on a keyboard so I don't get confused …. but if you meant something else I am sorry (and do let me know what you're looking for). orz

Aurora = オーロラ

The correct sentence would be as follows;
(あの人はハンバーガーを食べていますか)
あのひとはハンバーガーをたべていますか

ている-form implies that the action is currently happening, and so your original sentence would imply "Is that person going to eat a hamburger?". Hope this helps!

Do you mean the particle? を
If so it is spelled "wo" … for romaji I usually go by the way it is spelled on a keyboard so I don't get confused …. but if you meant something else I am sorry (and do let me know what you're looking for). orz

Aurora = オーロラ

The correct sentence would be as follows;
(あの人はハンバーガーを食べていますか)
あのひとはハンバーガーをたべていますか

ている-form implies that the action is currently happening, and so your original sentence would imply "Is that person going to eat a hamburger?". Hope this helps!

Yes that is the particle I was wondering about. Thank you for analyzing this sentence structure as well!

https://twitter.com/japantimes/status/672914649017417729

If it’s not too much bother, let’s tackle "mendokusai"

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2015/11/30/language/not-much-bother-lets-tackle-mendokusai/

CVasTrbWsAAr8Qy.png

Attachments

• CVlRD1DUwAAqvuX.jpg
    CVlRD1DUwAAqvuX.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 355
O-hisashiburi desu minna-san. I was offline for a while, but now I am back. I have some questions; I hope anyone of you can answer them.

1. I can't clearly see how the kanji for the following words is written: (ringo, kasen (underline), and senpai). What I mean is, for example, how many "lines" are running through the "rectangle" in "senpai" (I apologize if I am using any incorrect terms)?

2. Mainen or Maitoshi--which one is correct?

3. Does the kanji for "shi/ito (thread)" share a component with the kanji for "shi/kami"?

4. Is there any way to tell when Naze or Nande should be used?

5. I read that "kashira" is only used by women. However, in some anime, I have heard male characters using it? Am I wrong, or is there some rule I am not aware of?

6. I heard Lelouch using "wa ga"--I think it means "My"--am I correct?
I also heard him referring to his older brother as "Ani-ue"--does this "ue" refer to the kanji and is therefore used to give his brother respect?

7. The word "gambaru" has an "m" in it--How can I write this in hiragana?

Finally, does anyone know a site where the radicals for each kanji are given? I was using about.com, but they are having technical difficulties.

Thank you everyone and take care. Season's Greetings to all!!

O-hisashiburi desu minna-san. I was offline for a while, but now I am back. I have some questions; I hope anyone of you can answer them.

1. I can't clearly see how the kanji for the following words is written: (ringo, kasen (underline), and senpai). What I mean is, for example, how many "lines" are running through the "rectangle" in "senpai" (I apologize if I am using any incorrect terms)?

2. Mainen or Maitoshi--which one is correct?

3. Does the kanji for "shi/ito (thread)" share a component with the kanji for "shi/kami"?

4. Is there any way to tell when Naze or Nande should be used?

5. I read that "kashira" is only used by women. However, in some anime, I have heard male characters using it? Am I wrong, or is there some rule I am not aware of?

6. I heard Lelouch using "wa ga"--I think it means "My"--am I correct?
I also heard him referring to his older brother as "Ani-ue"--does this "ue" refer to the kanji and is therefore used to give his brother respect?

7. The word "gambaru" has an "m" in it--How can I write this in hiragana?

Finally, does anyone know a site where the radicals for each kanji are given? I was using about.com, but they are having technical difficulties.

Thank you everyone and take care. Season's Greetings to all!!
2. Either is acceptable

3. 糸 is thread … I don't know what you are referring to for the second one because there are so many kanji with the same pronunciation but I think they are not the same kanji.

4. Naze is more formal than Nande .. you would use nande in more casual situations.

5. It is mostly used by women but there are some males who use it …. but generally you would get weird looks imo if you are a male and use it.

6. Yes , it means "my". "Ani ue" is a very formal and distant way of calling your brother …so not that he respects him but it's just that the situation calls for it.

7. がんばる . The correct spelling is actually "ganbaru", however often times people change n with m because of the way it's pronounced in speech sometimes.

Dear Kugayama-san,

Thank you for the reply; I will try to see if that program can be used on my system.

Take care.

Bashiek

Back