Japanese Language Help

I think it might be charai + Sasuke ?
in which case, the meaning would be "frivolous"

the meaning of daitai changes with context but it does mean "generally/for the most part" and can also mean "about" as in the amount sense… but i think "in the first place" fits better in that lyrics.

Dear Shiro-san,

Thank you for the reply. Sasuke was definitely completely "frivolous" in this DCD. I never expected such things from him; maybe that was the point of the DCD, so that the fans could see a different side of him.

Take care.

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if "gozonji" is the formal way of saying "know"? I have heard it in TRC OVA 2 Episode 2 when Fay talks to Tomoyo-Hime about King Ashura.
Secondly, the term for childhood friend 幼なじみ--what is the range for this? Does it refer to a childhood friend you knew in your childhood but don't know anymore?

Thank you.

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if "gozonji" is the formal way of saying "know"? I have heard it in TRC OVA 2 Episode 2 when Fay talks to Tomoyo-Hime about King Ashura.
it's the honorific (sonkeigo) form of しる, hence why they used it when talking about a king

dunno about 幼なじみ

Secondly, the term for childhood friend 幼なじみ--what is the range for this? Does it refer to a childhood friend you knew in your childhood but don't know anymore?
No , you can use that term to refer to a person you still know.

No , you can use that term to refer to a person you still know.

Dear Shiro-san,

Thanks for the reply. Does this also apply to someone you knew throughout school, but then you didn't see them again and meet like a decade later?

Take care.

Hi. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any site that posts manga in its "RAW" format for online reading. I am specifically interested in Kuroshitsuji, Naruto, and Kuroko no Basuke. If anyone knows of such a site, please let me know.

Secondly, I asked a while back about the "lines" in three different kanji. Well, I figured out that you can increase the font size of the kanji, and then everything appears quite clearly. I just wanted to share that in case anyone was wondering.

Thirdly, does anyone know the Japanese "tally mark" system? I caught a glimpse of it in Kuroko no Basuke Season 3 ep. 15 when Murasakibara and Akashi played against each other. It looked completely different from the one I normally use.

Finally, here are two sites that may help for explaining the differences between the two paired words I mentioned earlier:

Ato vs.nochi

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.lang.japan/2006-02/msg00914.html

Omou vs. Kangaeru (the site Kugayama-san previously mentioned)
https://www.google.com.pk/url?q=htt...ggSMAA&usg=AFQjCNFj1dBX53QwB3yeQefddzU2UaMDTw

Thanks and take care.

https://twitter.com/Nihomophones/status/740150377316790272

じどり (jidori) 1. Selfie 自撮り 2. Nationally protected chicken breed; local chicken 地鳥

CkWK1zXW0AAmhfx.jpg

Reactions: aki
Hi. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any site that posts manga in its "RAW" format for online reading. I am specifically interested in Kuroshitsuji, Naruto, and Kuroko no Basuke. If anyone knows of such a site, please let me know.
:tea:

Thirdly, does anyone know the Japanese "tally mark" system? I caught a glimpse of it in Kuroko no Basuke Season 3 ep. 15 when Murasakibara and Akashi played against each other. It looked completely different from the one I normally use.
It is the Kanji for "correct", same as in Chinese: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tally_marks#Clustering the second one

Dear Yuki.n-san,

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry I didn't reply earlier--I was offline for a while.

Take care.

Hello. When the helper verbs such as miseru, ageru, and kuru are used, are they written in hiragana or kanji?

Ex. Katte misemasu!/I'll definitely win!

Pan o katte kimasu./I will go buy some bread (and come back).

Inu ga hashitte kita./The dog came running.

Thank you.

@Bashiek , you can use them in kanji too, as seen here:
https://www.renshuu.org/index.php?page=grammar/individual&id=603
https://www.renshuu.org/grammar/82/てくる

However, in the sentences you used with "kuru", the kuru is actually not used as a helper verb, but with its literal meaning.

Pan wo katte kimasu = after buying bread, I'm coming back
Inu ga hashitte kita = the dog came running

When using kuru as a helper verb, you'd form sentences like "harete kita" = it got sunny. In this case, you're not talking about the sunshine coming back from its hideout or something, but rather about the progression of the "sunniness" situation.

Dear Yuki.n-san,

Thanks for the reply. I think I get it now. I think also that I need to start reading some published work; that way, I can see in print how these examples are used.

Take care.

Dear Bulmafox-san,

Thank you for the guide. I will certainly look over that site, and hopefully get a better understanding.

Take care.

Hello everyone. I hope you all have been well. I know this is a tall order, but could anyone check the translation I have done for this song. I have got a few songs I need translations for—this is the one I tried first. Plus, the Google translation didn’t make any sense, so I tried it on my own. Thanks.

CODE GEASS -Hangyaku no Lelouch-

“Back to Zero” by Jun Fukuyama-san

Romaji:

Kuzure ochiru boku no mae ni hirogaru sekai de tada hitori dake mamorubeki hito
Kimi ga mitai to omou mono wo hitotsu demo fuyashite okitakute
destroy the world for you
Kowasu koto de shika kawaranai nara boku wa akuma to yobarete mo ii'nda
Kamen no shita namida kakushi tomo ni se wo muke kurayami no naka
Dokomademo ochite yukeru boku nara kimi ga waraeru sekai ni nareba ii
Tada hitotsu no hikari wa sou kimi no koe sae hibike mune no oku e
Kono me ni yadoru chikara de nani ga dekiru ka wakaranai kedo I'll try till my heartbeat stops
Kimi ga ikitai to omou basho wo hitotsu demo fuyashite okitakute
I'll change the world for you
Ushinau koto ni nareta bokura ni wa hoshii mono nado mou nani mo nainda
Sakebu koe wo suikomu sora nobashita te wa kurayami no naka
Yume mo kibou mo zenbu ima wa iranai yo kimi to mitsumeaeru hi ga kuru nara
Kawaku kokoro uruosu no wa kimi no koe sa hibike mune no oku e
Oh, can you hear me tatakau koto de
Boku wa ikiteru tte ima kanjiru sonna samishisa wa mou...
Kowasu koto de shika kawaranai nara boku wa akuma to yobarete mo ii'nda
Kamen no shita namida kakushi tomo ni se wo muke kurayami no naka
Dokomademo ochite yukeru boku nara kimi ga waraeru sekai ni nareba ii
Tada hitotsu no hikari wa sou kimi no koe sae hibike mune no oku e

Kanji:

崩れ落ちる僕の前に広がる世界で ただ一人だけ 守るべき人
君が見たいと思うモノを 一つでも 増やしておきたくて
destroy the world for you
壊す事でしか変わらないなら 僕は悪魔と呼ばれてもいいんだ
仮面の下 涙隠し 友に背を向け 暗闇の中
どこまでも堕ちてゆける僕なら 君が笑える世界になればいい
唯一つの光はそう 君の声さ 響け胸の奥へ
この瞳に宿る力で 何ができるか 分からないけどI¥'ll try till my heartbeat stops
君が行きたいと思う場所を 一つでも増やしておきたくて
I¥'ll change the world for you
失う事に慣れた僕らには 欲しいものなどもう何もないんだ
呼ぶ声を 吸い込む空 伸ばした手は 暗闇の中
夢も希望も全部今はいらないよ 君と見つめ合える日が来るなら
乾く心 潤すのは 君の声さ 響け胸の奥へ
Oh, can you hear me 戦う事で
僕は生きてるって今 感じる そんな寂しさはもう...
壊す事でしか変わらないなら 僕は悪魔と呼ばれてもいいんだ
仮面の下 涙隠し 友に背を向け 暗闇の中
どこまでも堕ちてゆける僕なら 君が笑える世界になればいい
唯一つの光はそう 君の声さ 響け胸の奥へ

My English Translation:

Even though I am crumbling and falling apart, there is but one thing that I must protect in this ever-expanding world.

I think to get that one thing that you want to see (an increasing world) I’ll destroy the world for you.

The things that I have to destroy are constant; therefore, it’s fine if I am called a demon.

No matter how any tears I have to keep hidden underneath my mask-as I aim for the center of darkness.

No matter where I fall, it’s fine as along as I can create a world you can smile in.

Only one light resonates within my heart, and that is your voice.

The power that dwells in my eyes can do anything; I don’t understand, but I’ll try until my heartbeat stops.

I think there is only one place you want to go to (an increasing world), but I will change the world for you.

Although we are used to losing things, if we get the one thing we want most, we don’t want anything else.

Although I am screaming in the darkness, your extended hand helps me breathe this sky.

Dreams and hope-all of them- I don’t need them right now.

Until the day comes when I can look/stare with you.

My dry heart is only moistened/enriched by your voice which resonates within my heart.

Oh, can you hear me, I battle/fight now because I am alive, but I feel this loneliness…

[[Repeat Chorus]]

Hello everyone. I just wanted to wish everyone "Season's Greetings" and "Happy New Year!!" Thank you for helping and guiding me over the past year.

Take care minna-san!!!

Back