Good Things that Happened to You!!!

^Nice! It sounds a bit like a Kalafina or Yuki song, but not really also, if that makes sense. It seems like some calming song from a video game. Have you ever considered writing for a game before? I think that'd be really cool.

Even though I am going through a lot, I have such great music as Yuki's, Kalafina, battle of the shadows from Pri-Pri, and other great works. When I listen to certain songs it just lifts my spirits. Like 30minutes night flight by Maaya Sakamoto too. That one really makes me smile and sing along. I am truly grateful to be able to hear, so I can hear music. Otherwise I don't know what I'd do...

^Nice! It sounds a bit like a Kalafina or Yuki song, but not really also, if that makes sense. It seems like some calming song from a video game. Have you ever considered writing for a game before? I think that'd be really cool.
I get that; I can tell with me this song had some influence from some of Revo's stuff as well, and then other things. I've thought about writing for a game before, I think it would be a unique but fun challenge.

Like 30minutes night flight by Maaya Sakamoto too.
Not really related to Maaya Sakamoto as a singer (but rather as a seiyuu), but I just found out she voices a bunch of my favorite anime characters (Ryougi Shiki (aka the main character) from Kara no Kyoukai, Ruler/Jeanne D'arc from Fate/Apocrypha, and Crona from Soul Eater to name a few) :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had never left Europe before in my life, but now I'm in New York on vacation, and so far it's a really interesting experience. I am visiting a friend, but since she has lots to work these days I've been walking around visiting places on my own, and I'm enjoying it a lot.
Considering that it's the first vacation I'm taking in seven years, I hope it keeps being great...

Not really related to Maaya Sakamoto as a singer (but rather as a seiyuu), but I just found out she voices a bunch of my favorite anime characters (Ryougi Shiki (aka the main character) from Kara no Kyoukai, Ruler/Jeanne D'arc from Fate/Apocrypha, and Crona from Soul Eater to name a few) :XD:

Lol, I just saw this so sorry for the late message, but if you haven't already, you should definetely check out some of Maaya's singing stuff!
Yoko Kanno actually composed the majority of her earlier albums, so all those albums are SUPER good and I highly reccomend them. Maaya actually started to self compose her later albums too, which were also good, but I reccomend you check out the albums Yoko Kanno composed first.
She's one of my favorite seiyuu's as well (Her performance of Shiki is so good), but the fact that she's also a really great (albeit super underrated) singer is also really nice, so I highly reccomend checking her out!

Here's a list of her discography; I reccomend the albums Dive, Lucy, Shounen Alice, Single Collection+ Nikopachi , Single Collection+ Hotchpotch, and Easy Listening first, then you can work your way through the rest.

As for being on topic though,
I did well on my first College Midterm :)

I splurged and ordered the Xenoblade Chronicles Special Edition, Super Mario Odyssey, and Fire Emblem Warriors.

As a broke college student, I'm gonna have to solely rely on cafe food for the next couple months haha, rip my wallet.

Lol, I just saw this so sorry for the late message, but if you haven't already, you should definetely check out some of Maaya's singing stuff!
Yoko Kanno actually composed the majority of her earlier albums, so all those albums are SUPER good and I highly reccomend them. Maaya actually started to self compose her later albums too, which were also good, but I reccomend you check out the albums Yoko Kanno composed first.
She's one of my favorite seiyuu's as well (Her performance of Shiki is so good), but the fact that she's also a really great (albeit super underrated) singer is also really nice, so I highly reccomend checking her out!

See also the lyricist responsible for songs like Platinum:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yūho_Iwasato

In the front of the line to see my favorite non Japanese band, Evanescence in concert and they played something as the sound check (it's outdoors) and it sounded really good I'm so excited :sohappy::sohappy::love:

Left the Evanescence show about an hour ago and it was amazing :love:. Since their next album is more or less remixes of all of their old songs, pretty much everything was new (though the encore was some normal songs that they don't play live often, if at all). Even though I was in the second to last row, just seeing one of my biggest musical inspirations live in the flesh right in front of me was freaking amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of my year just now :dote::sohappy::love:

Well.. I've been having these great dreams.. of seeing/living the things I wish for but can't get IRL! Feels bad to wake from them haha but still they're very comforting :D One of the reasons "Destination Unknown" is one of my absolute fav songs :TdT:
Left the Evanescence show about an hour ago and it was amazing :love:. Since their next album is more or less remixes of all of their old songs, pretty much everything was new (though the encore was some normal songs that they don't play live often, if at all). Even though I was in the second to last row, just seeing one of my biggest musical inspirations live in the flesh right in front of me was freaking amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of my year just now :dote::sohappy::love:
That's amazing! Luckyyyyyy :dote: I'm so happy for you! I can never forget their concert in Dubai a few years back, still rings in my ears! Evanescence was my first inspiration.. and now my 2nd fav band! even though I don't like the direction they're taking with this new album.. but they'll always have a place in my heart!

^I've only been listening to about a year and a half, but Amy's music is such a big inspiration to me as well. In fact, her and Kajiura are my biggest inspirations to keep playing piano and studying music. I know it'll never happen but if Yuki Kajiura and Amy Lee work together on a song I can die happy.

All my irl friends and family ALWAYS ridicule me and judge me for really being into Kpop/Asian music, which has always been super annoying, but I kinda grew a tolerance to it over time.
But today, in my Japanese class at my university I met someone who's just as into Kpop as me, and her bias group is also SHINee and I'm so happppyyyyy.

She's literally the first and only person I've met irl who actually likes Kpop and doesn't think I'm weird for liking it lol (I love all my friends but I can't bring up Kpop to them anymore because their reactions just make me mad lol)

I'm actually really lucky I met her because I go to a super social party school right by the beach, and the majority of the people here are just not the type of people I'd like to associate myself with usually (lots of drugs and partying. Also everyone here has a Valley Girl accent :XD:) so I'm just glad I met someone I could connect with so early on in the schoolyear

@sarasara how lucky of you! I have lots of friends who are into kpop but none of them are into shinee and fx. One of my best friends used to be hardcore shawol when we were on HS together but now she's a hardcore army and not the pleasant kind of army i end up blocking her twitter...i feel like i should've posted this on complain about all thread lol

@sarasara @ritardando Checked out a couple of SHINee's songs mainly because I was curious after seeing you guys talk about it so much and Obama mentioning them in speech this past summer :XD:. While the type of music isn't my cup of tea, they do have pretty nice voices and I heard a couple pretty cool harmonies. And their dancing is really good.

@ritardando thanks! :D and lol well that's better than what I had at least :XD:
But that sounds really annoying about ur friend, I'm sorry about that...
Annoying army's are literally 90% of the reason I can't get myself to like BTS lol

@Westkana Hahaha that's awesome, thanks for checking them out despite our constant fangirl/(boy?)ing lmao
(LOL about that Obama thing, one of the members, Key, actually mentioned that on an instagram post :XD:)
Just out of curiousity though, which songs did you listen to? Their style has evolved a LOT over the years, so if you listened to something older like Ring Ding Dong that's not at all how they are now LOL
While all their singles are good too ofc, imo their album tracks/b sides show off their harmonies and vocal talents really really well. Their Japanese stuff is good too (I feel like this song would be the most liked by Kajiura fans lol, it sounds very Japanese-y, especially the bridge)
And one of the members Jonghyun has a pretty expansive solo career and he composes and writes all his music and he has such a unique compositional style and i love his voice he's so talented I love him

@sarasara @ritardando Checked out a couple of SHINee's songs mainly because I was curious after seeing you guys talk about it so much and Obama mentioning them in speech this past summer :XD:. While the type of music isn't my cup of tea, they do have pretty nice voices and I heard a couple pretty cool harmonies. And their dancing is really good.

After checking SHINee out you should check f(x) too! Especially their Red Light album because honestly there are some really good tracks there that I think would be friendly to Kajiura listeners. Also yes to what @sarasara mentioned, SHINee album songs are truly where they shine. 1 and 1 is the only album I've listened in the past 5 yrs where I LIKED all the songs.

^^ Yess, definetely give f(x) a listen also!! Red Light has some legit amazing tracks that I also think would be appealing to Kajiura fans (the harmonies in Milk and Vacance are sooo gooood).
4 Walls and Pink Tape were also really good albums

Tldr: you should check all f(x) and SHINee discography. They have some legit amazing tracks there. Kajiura fans I think would also appreciate f(x)'s Shadow from their Pink Tape album. SM actually really hit the jackpot when they got all SHINee and f(x) members. Too bad they're SM's most underpromoted groups ever.

Anw I haven't actually posted anything good happened to me. Idk if this counts but i'm really glad i got really into Kpop recently because there are so many contents to keep me entertained. Later today i'd continue watching one fine shinee day (Key is just so perfect lol his personality is gold). The fact that I don't actually care about Kalafina DVD release shows how Kalafina is no longer my favorite group. back when I was so in love with them i'd wait impatiently for leaks or for my actual copy to come but now i'm just like chillin here watching all kpop groups show lol

Back