• XenForo had been updated to 2.1.2. Report issues here.

Good Things that Happened to You!!!

Westkana

HA! I live in her CLOSET!
@sarasara @ritardando Checked out a couple of SHINee's songs mainly because I was curious after seeing you guys talk about it so much and Obama mentioning them in speech this past summer :XD:. While the type of music isn't my cup of tea, they do have pretty nice voices and I heard a couple pretty cool harmonies. And their dancing is really good.

sarasara

TETOTETOMETOME
@ritardando thanks! :D and lol well that's better than what I had at least :XD:
But that sounds really annoying about ur friend, I'm sorry about that...
Annoying army's are literally 90% of the reason I can't get myself to like BTS lol

@Westkana Hahaha that's awesome, thanks for checking them out despite our constant fangirl/(boy?)ing lmao
(LOL about that Obama thing, one of the members, Key, actually mentioned that on an instagram post :XD:)
Just out of curiousity though, which songs did you listen to? Their style has evolved a LOT over the years, so if you listened to something older like Ring Ding Dong that's not at all how they are now LOL
While all their singles are good too ofc, imo their album tracks/b sides show off their harmonies and vocal talents really really well. Their Japanese stuff is good too (I feel like this song would be the most liked by Kajiura fans lol, it sounds very Japanese-y, especially the bridge)
And one of the members Jonghyun has a pretty expansive solo career and he composes and writes all his music and he has such a unique compositional style and i love his voice he's so talented I love him

Last edited:

ritardando

I have reached Yuki nirvana
@sarasara @ritardando Checked out a couple of SHINee's songs mainly because I was curious after seeing you guys talk about it so much and Obama mentioning them in speech this past summer :XD:. While the type of music isn't my cup of tea, they do have pretty nice voices and I heard a couple pretty cool harmonies. And their dancing is really good.

After checking SHINee out you should check f(x) too! Especially their Red Light album because honestly there are some really good tracks there that I think would be friendly to Kajiura listeners. Also yes to what @sarasara mentioned, SHINee album songs are truly where they shine. 1 and 1 is the only album I've listened in the past 5 yrs where I LIKED all the songs.

sarasara

TETOTETOMETOME
^^ Yess, definetely give f(x) a listen also!! Red Light has some legit amazing tracks that I also think would be appealing to Kajiura fans (the harmonies in Milk and Vacance are sooo gooood).
4 Walls and Pink Tape were also really good albums

ritardando

Tldr: you should check all f(x) and SHINee discography. They have some legit amazing tracks there. Kajiura fans I think would also appreciate f(x)'s Shadow from their Pink Tape album. SM actually really hit the jackpot when they got all SHINee and f(x) members. Too bad they're SM's most underpromoted groups ever.

Anw I haven't actually posted anything good happened to me. Idk if this counts but i'm really glad i got really into Kpop recently because there are so many contents to keep me entertained. Later today i'd continue watching one fine shinee day (Key is just so perfect lol his personality is gold). The fact that I don't actually care about Kalafina DVD release shows how Kalafina is no longer my favorite group. back when I was so in love with them i'd wait impatiently for leaks or for my actual copy to come but now i'm just like chillin here watching all kpop groups show lol

Last edited:

Liana_Ilia

We got a house!!! I mean, we already have one, but this way it'll be like I have my own apartment since I will have the entire basement. I will get a kitty too! I've wanted one all of my life but never could get one because of this house. But we have to wait until the 1st of the year since it is such a busy time right now. We might move stuff here and there, but not all. I want a kitty now though! heh It will be soooo nice since it will be like a anxiety relief pet. I will probably get a female and if it has some white I will name her Yuki, but if not I will name her one of the girls, depending on personality. lol We close Dec 8th and I cannot wait!

I also had my niece for the whole weekend pretty much last week. We went by her on Fri, and then came home. Sat was the hockey game and her and my sister came and we all went together, we ate at our favorite restaurant and then went to the game. I handled it pretty well, was in pain by the end of the night, but not too bad. I don't do car rides all that well. Then they stayed overnight and I got to spend some time with just the niece in the morning/afternoon on Sun. It was fun, but a busy weekend. This last weekend was nice not having anything to do. Since this week will be busy but some fun things, like visiting her again. Oh, she was a cat for halloween since I got her into kitties, so my sister says. lol It was fun, and will be fun again on Thanksgiving when we go there. My mom is happy she doesn't have to cook. lol Oh, also that the Kalafina bluray came and it is pretty good! I need to watch it again, and will write my report. *sigh* Too much to do!

aki

museum assessment COMPLETE & SUBMITTED. biggest final project off my shoulders

now to see how much Japanese I can cram before 3pm.....

Westkana

Got my French speaking performance final out of the way by (voluntarily) going first and it went pretty well :w00t:

Liana_Ilia

sara: Hope everyone is okay though, I know it's crazy over there right now... stay safe!

Everyone is now having finals and such and I am glad I don't have to do that anymore! lol We got our tree yesterday, and I finished my shopping. I like getting gifts and wrapping them. Now I am making my chicken curry for dinner! Also feeling a bit better with my neck than yesterday. It was pretty bad. Also I have been alone a lot this week so been watching a lot of Youtube. lol Yeah... the move is going well. Just moving stuff when we have time. We don't have to be out of our house like, tomorrow so that's good. We got rid of our piano... which is kind of weird looking at the empty space.

Corpse Princess

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
Its been a rough year like majorly rough year but some good things did happen this year

1: I am officially back to CPM and I am so happy to see everyone again.

2: I got to meet new people on here and I am even more excited about that I love you all, also met new people outside the internet when I was working which was nice

3: we got a small christmas tree this year but I am still happy because we almost didnt get one :sohappy:

other then that little by little I am getting through this year.

Reactions: aki

aki

final grades are posted, and I let out a sigh of relief. here's to hoping I can keep this 4.0 for one more semester!

Liana_Ilia

Welcome back! And also... it's almost Christmas. Hope everyone has a good holiday (if you celebrate it) weekend, and looking forward to this coming year as well!

Liana_Ilia

^Lucky. I want it for Mario, which I still haven't seen.

Been listening to old music, but still awesome. Magic Knight Rayearth's album is so awesome and the show too. I want to watch it again like so many other animes. Full Metal Panic, Slayers, Lodoss War, etc. The ones I "grew up" on. heh

Liana_Ilia

We have cable and internet again! Being without it for a week is hard. We got a lot done, but still. Yaaaaay! And it kept all of my shows on the cable box so I don't have to watch some of the stuff on hulu. The most recent ones yes, but that wont be an issue. I am so happy! :sohappy::dote:

Hayden Kurosaki

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
A friend of my adoptive mother randomly Facebook-messaged me two days ago, and offered to pay for me to fly from Detroit to Washington DC and attend not one day, but the entirety of Katsucon.

Last edited:

Aelarion

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
Experienced quite possibly the greatest ten days of my entire life, I got to see Kalafina sing one of their best ever lives first hand, as well as seeing/meeting Kaori Oda in Nagoya and having a generally beautiful time in Japan with friends.

Honestly wish it could have lasted forever. :TdT:

Seasonreaper

Experienced quite possibly the greatest ten days of my entire life, I got to see Kalafina sing one of their best ever lives first hand, as well as seeing/meeting Kaori Oda in Nagoya and having a generally beautiful time in Japan with friends.

Honestly wish it could have lasted forever. :TdT:
Still wish I could've attended Kaori as well :comeback:. But yeah, the two weeks I had in Japan are arguably the best two weeks of my whole life so far. So much great stuff going on the whole time I was there, got to experience it all with one of my very best friends, and everything went pretty much to plan, plus we lucked into numerous time-limited things that happened to be going on whilst we were there. Oh, and Kalafina's 10th as well. That was cool too.