Good Things that Happened to You!!!

Impressive! Your performance was really good, especially the high note part. :goodjob:
Thanks! :touched:

We all make mistakes (even Kalafina- just this weekend Wakana messed up one of the lines to FotW in their Mexico concert). Hikari furu's beginning is especially a difficult one, as there's virtually no background music to signify the start (except that piano), and nothing to keep time. Even Wakana has trouble keeping a constant tempo.
Omg, really? But I wouldn't have cared nevertheless. It's Kalafina! ^0^ Still very happy for (and envious of) the people who could come to their Mexico live! *0* So happy they took lots of photos and videos though! :3 I wonder if kuSony's going to take those down someday... (guys, you know what to do... DOWNLOADDDDD!! while they last lmao)

Yes! Amazing! I am okay at singing but even get embarrassed at church if I mess up (So you can imagine how I was singing for the Yuki birthday project of the everlasting song cover. And playing the violin for recitals too). heh Yeah, I wish that person next to the camera would have stopped talking, but oh well. It's not your fault. My violin teacher always says before every recital that music is meant to be shared with others, and if you are good at something you should share it. (Or something like that.) And it always amazes me at when people can sing/play an instrument so well in front of others. (Why I respect Kala so much) And that is a hard song to sing. So I applaud you. :cheer::goodjob:(Also I like your shirt.)
:chuu: (I love my shirt too :3 Next time I will wear a dress. I've gone window shopping earlier actually and found two dresses with the themes of Kimi no Gin no Niwa and Consolation... I need one for Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa! :cry:)

Yeah, I've seen one of your videos doing some recitals and you seem to be quite shy about it too @_@ Honestly I have little to no confidence in myself when I go on stage, but when I joined a couple of choirs before, suddenly I don't feel so shy. Since there are people I sing (and harmonize... hopefully) with, I get my confidence from them on stage. It's much more comfortable singing with a group, actually. That's why I still can't believe how well this went... despite the mistakes, of course. :P I shall do more of the sharing, especially with Kalafina's song! I want people to know them more~ :3 There's another fan who keeps singing Kalafina/FJ/YK songs when she joins these anime/JPop singing contests, but sadly she wasn't around for this event. She was so happy (and impressed :shy:) when she knew I sang this one lol. Also while I was singing, there was another Kalafina fan who cheered me on and sang with me like a stage mother. You could see me smile in the video because of that :love:

Congrats @sutekinanijinoiro! :cheer: Just saw the video; you sound amazing!
Thank you so much :bow: I shall spread more Kalafina love in the future and hopefully be better prepared the next time around :study:

Very nice! It must have been so scary to go up in front of all those people, I never could have done that. pachi-pachi
Thanks! :dote: Waaaaaaaah I'm not sure if you have noticed it but I was actually very very nervous during the first part :uh..: But thanks to my stage mother friend I could overcome my stage fright :TdT:

@Spirica Rose I respect people who can sing Keiko's parts without any difficulty; it's the most challenging part for me huhu.

@Seasonreaper OTL but at least you do know how to appreciate good music when you encounter one :3

Next up: Consolation and Kimi no Gin no Niwa. I can't resist the pretty dress I came across yesterday huhu

I like doing Keiko's parts in Magia, Oblivious, & TTB. Plus, they're low enough so I can sing (though hum is probably the right word) them with not much difficulty (I have a high voice for a guy), especially Magia. Granted, I probably don't sound that great because I'm untrained... :XD:

Double post, sorry, but I didn't see this:

I love singing Kalafina's songs but I get judged if I "express myself

I agree totally with this. Pretty much anyone other than Anime/Manga fans give me really weird looks when I start talking about Kalafina/YK, and even the Anime/Manga fans aren't the most open-minded either... When will the world be open-minded enough to at least consider listening to music that isn't in their language?

The new 1975 album came out today; i pre-ordered it so it should come today or tomorrow since it's domestic.
Also CDBaby and iTunes both say NSP's cover album Under the Covers releases on the 4th of March; so there's an official release date. Yay!

I HAVE SO MANY THINGS SHIPPING FROM AMERICA IT'S RIDICULOUS.

Pretty much anyone other than Anime/Manga fans give me really weird looks when I start talking about Kalafina/YK, and even the Anime/Manga fans aren't the most open-minded either... When will the world be open-minded enough to at least consider listening to music that isn't in their language?

Indeed. That's why it's so liberating to join contests like this... No one would ask why you chose the song lol and even if they do, there isn't any prejudice in it :P

Last edited by a moderator:
^ This. If only I am confident enough to sing it much to the general public. I still remember shaking when I tried, with great disappointment, singing Keiko's parts for moonfesta on our karaoke session hahahaha. *facepalm*

Meanwhile, I really can't hide my excitement now as I expect the Pokemon-themed Nintendo direct later today (1500 UK time, midnight JP time) to announce a new version of Pokemon, 20 years after Red and Green(Blue) were released. Glad that I was able to keep up with all of the games so far, lol. Don't care with the anime much though, except with what seems to be a legit shipping in the series right now. *finally*

^ This. If only I am confident enough to sing it much to the general public. I still remember shaking when I tried, with great disappointment, singing Keiko's parts for moonfesta on our karaoke session hahahaha. *facepalm*
I guess it helps if you have someone else performing with you initially. The stage fright lessens a bit, and you get accustomed to move around on stage or something. But it's still really nerve-wracking all on your own @_@

By karaoke session, you mean that one during our meet-up? Yeah, you should've grabbed the microphone and just sung it out! <3 ^_^

A. @sutekinanijinoiro YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD SINGER:goodjob::goodjob: AND SO BRAVE TOO:plz:
Uwaaaa thanks a lot huhuhuhu ^_^ I was really nervous, too... but someone came and supported me to sing and I could perform easily around the end <3 I want to incorporate some Kaladansu (the hand movements only okay) next ohoho :3

Not many good things happen to me recently, but last Sunday too, I was able to meet with some Japanese folks and I was able to practice some conversational Japanese (but it still sucks, grammatically speaking! I need to get back to learning grammar OTL). Plus I have a student who's the daughter of my student, and I'm helping her out with spelling simple English words. It's fun to go back to those days when you don't have to worry too much about learning too many complicated things! Endless ABC's and spelling and words and words and words at that~ :3 Also I found another computer senpai... He asked that I buy this book first and then we can start making my own language together! ^_^ I'm sure I'll credit his help for that too. Also... The Kalafina smartphone case has arrived and we're now just waiting for the other two book-type cases. I can't wait to finally use mine :3 And I met with my friend last night and we drank chuuhai! It's one of the best drinks ever.

Now that's not a lot, huh... Sorry, I tried to be a bit positive with that. lol

Meanwhile, I really can't hide my excitement now as I expect the Pokemon-themed Nintendo direct later today (1500 UK time, midnight JP time) to announce a new version of Pokemon, 20 years after Red and Green(Blue) were released. Glad that I was able to keep up with all of the games so far, lol. Don't care with the anime much though, except with what seems to be a legit shipping in the series right now. *finally*

Oh, I forgot about that :XD:
It's really surprising that Pokémon is already 20 years old. When I got into it, they were just over 10 years. I wonder if they will announce new games. I saw on Serebii that the titles "Pokémon Sun" and "Pokémon Moon" were trademarked, but I would guess their official announcement would be today.

EDIT: Just watched it. Gosh, the feels are real :touched: I wonder what they mean by "comes all together" when talking about Sun & Moon. Is it a compilation of all the past games or the beginning of the 7th generation...? Or maybe new 6th gen games...

I am gong to try and play "in this cruel land" so basically swordland/the first town now, so hopefully it goes well. I've had it in my head all day. heh

EDIT: It went pretty well, considering it's the first time I've played it and it's by ear. I will try and play it more and maybe muster up the courage to record.

Found a special edition copy of Shoko Nakagawa's 9lives album for only 2000 yen. I've wanted that thing since it came out but the RRP was 10k and that was way too much.

Made waffles for the first time in our waffle maker. It went okay except that I forgot to put the oil in the badder, and spray the maker itself (oops), but other than that they tasted fine. heh Also it's been a pretty productive day. Going to get my computer cleaned up a little now.

Reactions: aki
I finally managed to snag one of the Magia postcard bonuses (I think it's the animate version). Love the poses so much. :nosebleed:

Reactions: aki
Back