Good Things that Happened to You!!!

After finally realising that my newer pc's on-board video isn't powerful enough to play high definition video clips, I drove to a couple of places that had nothing (should have telephoned first), went back home, telephoned another place, caught the train into the city and spent $40 on what is considered a "bottom end" video card (Gigabyte Radeon HD5450 with 1GiB RAM) and everything plays smoothly now.

Whose Line never fails to put me in a better mood. laughter is good medicine, man.

Man, I wish it was easier to meet up with CPM members sometimes.
IKR (;A;) Why do we live so far apart hahahaha but then that goes for most international fandoms anyway so oh well .___.

What season said! I would love to have a Kalafina/FJ Karaoke night! That would be awesome. (Though I'd be afraid because of my singing voice) And yes, suteki please post! I would love to join in next time (if you can forgive my voice... I'm not bad but I get timid when singing in a group)
The karaoke place only had progressive in it LMAO although well we didn't have enough time to search for the other songs... they also had 月光 (by Chihiro Onitsuka), which was Wakana's audition piece :3

Anyway, as requested, here's the pic :)
GvpOHQU.jpg

I attached two photos side by side because 2 of the people there aren't included in both photos... so yeah, feel free to do the Venn diagram y'all ;)

For today hmmm... it was mostly crappy but I would say I'm thankful I finally figured out how to make the electricity in the breadboard circuit flow for our logic design class (with the help of our instructor, of course). Our IC, however, are not working properly except for the inverter (7404 :P). Wtf. I hope we get it solved in time for next meeting. //kicked because of too many jargon words

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from Melbourne. It was a super fun time.
Firstly I got a haircut, coincidentally it looks like Hikaru's RYB haircut from the maxi covers, it looks really good too.

We went to 2 musicals one play. Georgie Girl, Fiddler On The Roof and North By Northwest. I really enjoyed it. Georgie Girl was extremely predictable in terms of sound. It sounded like a regular musical, entertaining nonetheless. The ending was really good. Fiddler on the roof was excellent, the musical numbers were really interesting, very loud, they didn't blend like most typical musicals such as Georgie girl either but maybe that was the accents. It was set in a Jewish town too, I don't think I've seen a musical set in a Jewish town so that was really intriguing. It actually kept pretty close to Jewish customs from what I know. North by Northwest was an Alfred Hitchcock adaptation. It was really good they used live green screens which was very entertaining.

I actually bought myself dresses too, which is pretty rare for me and as per usual I bought a bunch of my friends birthday gifts early.
I wish I could stay in Melbourne but honestly the trams are so packed I could do without them.

lmao. All I said was the length and the hairdresser cut it, looking at the photos now I think I have it a little shorter in the front but it certainly reminds me of it. Either way I'm happy with it and it looks good so that's always nice

Since I accidentally went to school early I decided to re-try my lunch, that and I undercooked my rice. It turned out really well. I made a soba noodle salad and Ramen eggs for lunch and it's all turned out, YAY:sohappy: I can't wait for cold weather so I can make soups. This lunch plan will go well if today's try was any indication.

^I'm jealous... The weather I've had here recently has been really bipolar. One day it's below freezing, and the next day it's 20°C/70°F. It needs to make up its mind :uh..:

Well, most of the moving of miscellaneous items is over with, and we're having movers to move the furniture next week. I've already filled a bookshelf in my new room, and my growing collection of CDs are on the top shelf. Though I don't have anymore than what I have listed on my CD collection page (check my sig), I know it's going to get bigger. Anyway, I was also able to claim a small flat-screen TV for my room that actually has a HDMI port, as opposed to a pre-2000 TV that's in my current room. That TV doesn't even have the red/white/yellow cable ports :XD:

Anyway, I was also able to claim a small flat-screen TV for my room that actually has a HDMI port, as opposed to a pre-2000 TV that's in my current room. That TV doesn't even have the red/white/yellow cable ports :XD:
Lucky. If you own a laptop that has HDMI ports using a male to female cord you can plug it into your television which is good for gaming/ watching Netflix and YT

My first day of school was pretty good. History actually turned out even though I dislike my teacher. I have a couple new teachers I've never had before for things like Religion and Maths which is always fun. I got Mr Baker for Science which is cool since he's one of the cool fun teachers, he didn't do a very good job of explaining why exactly we did practicals but then again my last teacher didn't either so this prompts me to take my learning into my own hands. There is always the bad stuff which I'll complain about in the other thread but today was generally good.

^Ugh, I hated math in high school. So I'm glad someone enjoys it. My cousin is really good too, as in she's going to college for statistics or something like it. Also, pic of you with the haircut? If you're not afraid to take your photo and show it like I am. heh

I got Grace's book: Grace and Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It, today. I am meeting Grace Helbig on Saturday! I am so nervous and have no idea what to where. I have never met her before, even though she's the same age as me she has done so much more. This is her second book now and has made a lot of YouTube videos that are hilarious. I think anyways... I wanted to go to one of her live shows with her friends, Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart that do it together, but I couldn't because of an appointment that day. But I am glad I can go this Sat! I hear she is really cool in person and I think that from her videos. Also I get paid today. :dote:

I met Grace! Oh my goodness she is so amazing and nice, and so tall! She's 5'9" and I'm 5'3" so I felt so tiny. I gave her my letter! And I got two books signed because she wasn't actually signing books, they gave you them at the end, and since I had mine already they gave me an extra one! It was fun and I talked to a nice girl behind me and both were freaking out. Here is one of the better pics, she made a lot of funny faces with everyone:
12654707_10208742251659418_4770764960102514667_n_zpsj9knhfhy.jpg

And my niece has been here for the past few days and it's been really a great distraction since she is so cute.

OH MY GOODNESS AKI YAY
and an oil painting too! Those are super tricky to create

Congrats aki! (I wish I could paint. So many of my friends are way more talented in art than me, and it makes me so jealous)

Had a pretty good weekend. Went to the hockey game despite the pain, but I sat up front and my brother and his fiance, and mom sat in back. It was a little better, though I still got sore because of the long car ride. But it was fun even though they lost in the shoot out. It was a good game though, they tied it up and also had more shots on goal than the other team. Also Sunday was Valentine's Day which I am single... and don't have a boyfriend so I don't do anything except with my parents. We went to Corner House which is a good prime rib place. But I felt like a steak and it was really good. Then I had a really good butterscotch sundae. It was too much. It's a wonder I didn't gain 10 pounds after all the food this weekend. heh We have hockey again and I'm hoping that after my therapy this week I will feel good enough to go.

Kaori Oda CD ゼロトケイ finally turned up.

Had a fair turn-out of people at the Australia Japan Association gathering tonight, including for the first time in a long while the Keiko Kajiura who did the kanji of Yuki Kajiura for a past birthday project and for the first time met someone called Wakana.

Funnily enough people keep knowing of Nana Mizuki from past Kohaku Utagassen and Hironobu Kageyama (because of Cha-La Head Cha-La from Dragon Ball) but only realise who Yuki Kajiura is when you mention Hanako to Anne.

Reactions: aki
Back