Good Things that Happened to You!!!

I won $22 from powerball , which is nothing really to scream about but at least I made something back(?) lmao

The actual winner of the 1.5 billion is a city away from me though…. so close but so far ToT

Edit;
I WON LIVE LOTTERY ENTRY FOR SPYAIR TAT
I hope I can go... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Panic! At the disco's album just released which reminds me how much I like the album in general even though it's only 36 minutes. Its super solid

I got Lindsey Stirling's book: The Only Pirate at the Party. I highly recommend it and her music. It's dubstep violin which means she dances while she plays and it has somewhat of a beat to it (but not too overly loud). She is amazing live, I have seen her twice now. once in Milwaukee when she first started and once in Chicago at the Chicago Theater which was amazing. Also I will be meeting Grace Helbig, who is a YouTube star and is extremely funny. At least I think she is. Her second book: Grace and Style, The Art of Pretending You Have It, comes out on the 2nd and I am meeting her on the 6th. I am extremely nervous even though she seems really cool like she could be my friend. I just get so nervous meeting people I like. (When I met Yuki and Kalafina at Anime Boston all I could say was "thank you" and I felt so dumb because I knew Arigatou. Which I said to Kala at ACen, btw. Though Hikaru talked to me a bit asking who I was cosplaying and I said Lina Inverse from The Slayers and she said "Oh! Lina-san!" It's one of my best memories.) :dote:

I recently came out as agender to everyone at school over instagram. I decided to do it when my friend told me she's dating another girl in our year. She was super scared about anyone finding out that she was dating another girl and thus is lesbian. Because our school has a large Italian community, most of which are homophobic and all of which are popular unlike us she was worried that she'd essentially get bullied to breaking point. So after that Skype call telling me the good news or relationship I kinda just sat in my chair and thought "What kind of a world is this? A world were its unsafe to come out and tell you're peers you're not heterosexual? That's not a world I want." So I decided to come out as transgender.

I spent ages trying to type a perfect bio for my personal in 150 characters that clearly stated my gender identity (it was very difficult)
After which I screencapped it and looked in my followers list for every Instagram account I had of people at school and I wrote them all down. Now I had to write my actual message for my post, going to an all girl's school it's kinda a big deal since I don't identify as female.
I started freaking out. "What will they all think? They don't even know a gender spectrum exists? They're going to think I'm crazy! No has seen my other transgender related posts. They don't even know what I'm talking about" I decided to spam my friends. I was losing it.
I'm going to regret this
But I'm going to do it anyway
I will do this
I will get through this
I will do this
I'm going to do this
I will do this
They can't hurt me
My friends support me
People support me
They can't hurt me.
Then I decided to type out everyone's name and state they can't hurt me (ex. Felicity can't hurt me.) Some people's names were repeated, the popular girls, the bullies especially. Then I wrote the coming out message and posted it
My instagram post currently has 48 comments filled to the brim with positivity from popular girls I thought would ridicule me. I've gotten questions asking for pronouns, like a gazillion heart emojis, support, and admiration for being so brave and being myself. The day I posted it I actually couldn't sleep I was so happy.

That is good to hear indeed. Whilst the world is still a pretty terrible place, it's a lot more accepting now than it used to be of things like transgenderism (that is now a word, shh), so I think more people are willing and able to come out with it. I'm still wondering whether I've simply noticed it more recently due to the people I've been with or whether it's because of the more accepting nature that there are simply more people who've felt able to reveal what they're going through.

The majority of people I know who are transgendered don't seem to have been susceptible to much in the way of bullying either actually. I know a few things have happened and there have been some rather rude people (I've witnessed a male>female friend of mine get some pretty horrible looks at a restaurant before, none of our group had done anything to draw attention to ourselves either but they were focussed on her) but the most common responses are either positive or simply neutral. A lot of people find out that a person is transgendered and simply just go 'oh, ok then' and carry on with their lives and frankly, that's the kind of way things should be. Admittedly you've done it at a school level which I'd personally say is quite risky, but that's simply because school is, from my perspective and that of many of my friends, the most judgemental time of your life. Almost everyone I know who's gone through the process I met whilst at university and all bar one of them had only come out within the last couple of years by the time I'd met them, so it seems to show that as a pattern. The other person I know is a colleague of mine and the worst he got when he revealed he identified as a girl was a little shock and confusion, but from what I can tell everyone's accepted that since and he's recently started the medical process to undergo the change. I rarely get the chance to talk these days as we don't often share shifts any more, however.

I suspect even though there is all this support that many people won't quite know how to interact with you though, at least for a while, so be prepared for that. I've known multiple people who've changed gender in both directions for years now and even then I'm sometimes unsure of how to talk to certain people, especially if the topic comes up. Everyone seems to take things differently (which I guess is only human) and the experience seems to differ a lot from person to person, including the stage at which they wish to be referred to as the opposite gender which can make things a little confusing sometimes. I guess it only feels natural to those who are that way inclined but frankly I've tried to work out quite how it works and I still don't really know, and that's after a lot of talking to one of my very best friends who directly talked to me about it before anyone else since he knew he could trust me. I've just resigned to the state of never completely understanding it I guess, but it's something that some people go through and that's okay by me. Hopefully people will just continue to accept you as you are, no matter what.

@LacrimosaRaven I agree completely with @Seasonreaper. Though I don't personally know any transgender/agender people myself (if I do then I don't know they are), a lot of my friends are gay/lesbian (I'm not, but that's beside the point). I know it's different, but I put it in the same category of "one will worry about what others will say about them." As for them, they faced no ridicule whatsoever when they came out, but instead gained a lot of support from nearly everyone. Though this may sound a bit harsh, I couldn't care less about one's sexuality/sexual identity. I care about who they are as a human being, in what their values are and what their personality is like. I'm glad to hear everything has gone really smoothly in the process so far, and I hope that it continues that way. :goodjob:

I was watching Lacrimosa on KalafinaVEVO channel, and I remembered that last year I attended a Mozart's Requiem Coral Concert. Its really, really impressive, being Lacrimosa one of best parts. It gave me goosebumps ... if that it's not beauty I don't know what it is.

mozart.jpg

Unfortunately there was only piano accompaniment, no orchestra. But it was free ~ can't complaint.
I strongly recommend for everyone attend this at least once.

Yeah, my friend's dad is transgender and my friend is now becoming. I thought I was a little uncomfortable about it, but being around her dad (we still say her dad but then refer her as her and she) it really wan't weird at all. It probably won't be with my friend either. So the world is a lot more accepting, true.

I am feeling a lot better today. Which is good since I am going to the hockey game tonight to see my aunt ride the zamboni (the ice cleaning machine) machine at the game! And my cousin is coming which I haven't seen her in a month. So that'll be fun. I'll get to actually talk to her. I had gotten trigger points for my shoulder yesterday, so I'm hoping that's taken care of that pain. Also tomorrow' is my niece's second birthday. I just a got a calendar with pictures of her and me in it. She is so adorable and I love her to pieces. Can't wait to see her tonight too, she will be at the restaurant and the game, though I will be sitting elsewhere.

I have a great time today with my friend! I have a lot of work in the last time so I'm happy because of time we can spend together. Today we were singing a lot of karaoke and watching FullMetal Alchemist: brotherhood (one of the best anime I've ever watched). I want to improve more and more my voice... I'm still an amoteur. And Kalafina is too difficult to do a cover...

I have a great time today with my friend! I have a lot of work in the last time so I'm happy because of time we can spend together. Today we were singing a lot of karaoke and watching FullMetal Alchemist: brotherhood (one of the best anime I've ever watched). I want to improve more and more my voice... I'm still an amoteur. And Kalafina is too difficult to do a cover...
Everyone sounds crap to themselves. One important thing anyone with low self esteem such as myself needs to know. Try recording yourself singing and then your can hear yourself back and look on things to improve on.

finally got the Kajiura Eureka mook! I may or may not try to translate the timeline-like article at the end. or the parts of her interview about See-Saw. we'll see //hit

If you cant or dont have time you can scan it, the other japanese knowing girls might be able to help (yukin, hatouchan, nimsaj)

im personally interested more on the Kajiura interview than the Kalafina one, mainly because Kajiura's are less common and in interviews like that she tends to reveal unknown parts of her career :)

Last edited:
I really had a blast yesterday with @sutekinanijinoiro , @sprinterXkyrie ! It was fun singing along with you guys, as well as knowing more Kalafina trivia. Looking forward for more of this soon. xD

Likewise!!! :3 Some things didn't go well, though, like the live stream huhu but it was indeed really fun! I hope more of us could attend next time *crossed fingers*

Should we post at least one picture here? //bricked

What season said! I would love to have a Kalafina/FJ Karaoke night! That would be awesome. (Though I'd be afraid because of my singing voice) And yes, suteki please post! I would love to join in next time (if you can forgive my voice... I'm not bad but I get timid when singing in a group)

I had my niece's second birthday today! She is just so cute. Getting snuggles from her is like getting a really good massage. Great therapy! Heh And she had on the purple bunny hat I gave her for Christmas. so cute. It was held at this indoor play area and there were a bunch of other kids there. It was fun watching her have fun. heh Then we went to a Japanese marketplace called Mitsuwa and I found a new Tsubasa (I guess they are continuing it in the states now) manga, a cool pencil, really good banana split Pocky, banana and tropical Hi-Chew and some good bread. Also got to go to the hockey game with my cousin, and she might come this week to watch the new X-files! Also watched the new anime that Yuki's composing for, and feeling a lot better than I was before, so yay! Lots of good things.

Everyone sounds crap to themselves. One important thing anyone with low self esteem such as myself needs to know. Try recording yourself singing and then your can hear yourself back and look on things to improve on.
Thanks! It's a good idea. But now I have a problem with it because I don't have a good place to sing and recording myself. Sometimes I can.

Tsubasa (I guess they are continuing it in the states now) manga
interesting, XXXHoLic was a crossover manga with Tsubasa (though you didn't have to read both to understand the story.) I believe that finished years ago and now there's one volume of XXXHoLic Rei released which I believe are side stories. Perhaps the omnibus has just started releasing. I saw the complete set of XXXHoLic omnibus for sale at ShinTokyo the other day and I ended up buying volume 2. It was the first manga I ever read so YAY. :sohappy: I need to read more stuff by CLAMP.

In other news since I had to go to the city mum and I did a little shopping. We picked up a new bra for me since my old ones are missing and have lost their under wire (I should probably wear my bras less except even if it's just around the house it can be very uncomfortable.)

We went to the Japanese place down in the David Jones food court. It's a really interesting place since they have menus and remote controls that buzz when your order is ready, it's honestly more like a mini restaurant than a food court place. The only things of similar caliber I've seen have like a 2 choices with rice or noodles for $10 thing with all the choices on display. This place makes things to order except the homemade miso which is kept in a giant thermal. I had the gyoza again and it reminded me of Wakana. It was amazing. :shy:I've only ever had it once before this but I'm definitely ordering it more. I also got better at using chopsticks. I didn't drop a single piece of food and nothing felt like it was going to fall out of my chopsticks either, I just need to work on where I place my hands a bit more but other than that YAY. I'm so much better at using chopsticks now.

Lastly we picked up my blazer from the dry cleaners and mum had it mended! No more loosing money for the canteen in lining holes.:sohappy: I remember at one point it got so bad a 50c piece went from the hole in my pocket lining to the sleeve in the opposite side. It was dry cleaned too and it looks brand new!

Back