Good Things that Happened to You!!!

Yes, she makes everything better. Her laugh is pure delight. :love:

I am feeling good today. Also, I got refunded to almost $100 from CDJapan. I checked my PayPal yesterday to find that nice surprise. heh I wish I could find money like that every day. Also getting my hair done today, it really needs it.

EDIT: You guys!!!! Aimer started to follow me on Twitter after I followed her! I mean, it doesn't come close to if Yuki or company would follow me, but it's still pretty cool. I love Twitter. :) Edit again: It wasn't Aimer, but a fan of her. Grr. I feel so stupid. *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out of town this weekend for a friend's birthday so we had a good catch up. Gyoza and beer was involved. :plot:

My 10th Anniversary live blu-ray from Caspian (as in, the reason why I couldn't afford to buy the Kala Red & Blue blu-rays at the same time last month) arrived too. There was an address mix-up when I moved, but it's here now. I swear these indie labels do a better job of their releases than SMEJ do...

Current listening then: Ghosts of the Garden City :hero:

I just got the email today and it said tomorrow before 10:30 a.m.! Which is good since I am busy the rest of the day. heh I saw Yuki's tweet just now talking about Mahiru, and it's with piano only and the 3 girls! I can't wait to hear the full version of all songs. (I know it's leaked, but I am going to wait patiently.) It will also be my first vinyl (as an adult, had some as a kid of course) and I borrowed my brother's record player for it and far on the water. :sohappy:

I feel strangely happy. I was sad earlier, but somehow, I'm happy again, and that never happens :)

12.00 am – back from work, going across my mail carrier – who I've seen twice or thrice before – calling me from away "I've got something for you!": my ticket for the FOTW concert on 24th Oct.
15.00 pm – getting an email from my ticketting agent stating "the lottery result for Shōko Nakagawa's concert on 25th Oct. is positive".

"Today Is A Beautiful Day".

I just googlized "Japan concert ticket", compared the main results and chose the one who looked the most serious to me.

So far, yes, I won't complain. I'm using www.japanconcerttickets.com – easy url. The guy behind this answers promptly and is very helpful. But it's not free, for sure. The ticket alone is ¥6,000 (+ ¥1,030 of fees) and I paid ¥10,748 overall.
The ticket they will send me is an e-voucher, I'll have to retrive the actual one in a 7/11 once in Japan (and there's one in my hotel's building then it will be easy).

I got my package with OL in it! (whenever I write that it looks like a drug abbreviation Heh) My first vinyl is a Kalafina one! Might have to get the old record player set up, borrowing my brother's now until FOTW comes out. :) I love the pic on the record though. Also heading to see my niece. Yay!

I got a phone call this morning for a telephone interview, and should find out within a week if I get a formal face-to-face one after that. It does look like I've landed an interview for another job I applied for though, which is even better. I've been off work for too long, and applying for loads of different jobs in that time with one setback after another. A bit of good news and a chance to get back to work is very, very welcome right now. :w00t:

one of the girls I taught at camp is going to start riding at home and she said she really misses me and hopes her new riding instructor is as good as I was and I'm going to cry this makes me so happy

^As in bike riding or horse? I really want to go horse back riding again, my cousin is taking lessons and I am jealous. I could have gone with her... but with my back and everything I am not sure I can right now. *sigh*

Martin: That's great! I had one like that too, but never got called for the formal interview. I have been out of work since December, which was just a retail job. But still whenever I volunteer I miss working. I like volunteering and all, but I want a job, to buy Kala stuff and of course get an apartment and kitty.

I cleaned the entire kitchen today and the upstairs. My room is now clean as well. It feels good to get stuff done. But now I need a rest and going to work on some art I want to finish. Also happy my mom is coming home tomorrow, hence all the cleaning. Edit: It has started storming! I love summer because of the storms. It has been really humid yesterday and today. Chiaki is the perfect artist to listen during the storms too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the other piece for my band class, and my part (2nd clarinet) has all the harmonies! Now I can feel like Keiko when I'm playing it :XD:

This may seem strange posting in this thread, but on Friday 14th August I attended the funeral about 80 km from where I live of an aunt who died on Tuesday 4th August aged 75 years old. By scheduling the funeral on a Friday afternoon more than a week after her passing, all the descendants, surviving siblings and cousins (apart from one sister and her children living in Switzerland) were able to attend and celebrate a life well lived, support the immediate family and catch up a little with each other.

Last edited:
^That's awesome that you had a family/friend reunion with some strategic scheduling! I'm sorry about your aunt...

I bought (most) of GARNiDELiA's new album, Linkage Ring off of iTunes. I have yet to listen to it, though. I also bought the rest of LiSA's old Letters to U album. I had bought 4 of the songs from it, and I bought the other 3 today.

I have an interview tomorrow with a temp agency, that will help me get a job, and I will have one (will know tomorrow when) at the art museum where I volunteer! It's either a receptionist (I hope for this) or for the store cashier. It's part time, but since I already like volunteering there it will be awesome to work there too! This would be so awesome. So send good vibes my way please!

Not getting Italian homework for the first week in 5 weeks.
Going to a play that sounds really interesting set in Italy
Being able to cosplay for an annual fundraiser since it fits the theme
Having the perfect costume for your English oral.
Having homework that's literally watching Tim Burton films.
Remembering to do things :waii:

@Liana_Ilia best of luck!

I have an interview next Tuesday, and another job I applied for got a cyptic "we'll inform you of any progress in the application process", which is better than a flat-out refusal. I could have another interview in the next few weeks if that's the case.

No offers yet then, but at least one chance!

Reactions: aki
^As in bike riding or horse? I really want to go horse back riding again, my cousin is taking lessons and I am jealous. I could have gone with her... but with my back and everything I am not sure I can right now. *sigh*
lol I never saw this. horse-back riding. you should try to ride again! even if it's just having the horse walk around : )

today is Friday and only one class. after which I'm heading straight up to the mountains. can't stay away for very long, can I...

Back