Forum & Chat & Main Site Complaint Thread 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't seem to receive any email notifications from the forum and I missed a critical inbox message :(

@george1234 - conversation started.

Everyone else -

Sorry, finally caught up from a busy weekend, if email isn't fixed in the next 12 hours then it will be next week.

Noticed when searching for something in a particular thread, if I click on the link for a particular search result, the message appears in context (ie as if you had gone directly to the message) but the page navigation for the thread is only at the bottom, not at the top as well (which would be useful).

Email should be working now! (wow gmail authentication is a pain)

@Kugayama If you could get me an example url and a screenshot or two to compare, I might be able to do somthing, but I don't think I'm seeing the issue you're describing. I am seeing top navigation in my tests

Last edited:
Cleantalk apparently isn't well optimized for Xenforo2, it hasn't caught a thing. (It's all from Indian and Pakistani IPs) - The email block list does seem to be working, though.

Bandwith usage is a little high, trying to disable hotlinking.

If you see this image and don't expect to, let me know.
hotlink_denied.png

Last edited:
I haven't opened the main site for quite a long time (the last time I opened it iirc was before the redesigning happened) and maaann the main site takes forever to load on mobile. I'm using Chrome for android and I was so frustrated because I cannot open the Menu(the vocalists, lyrics, discography, etc tab). It keeps freezing the whole time. Idk if it happens to anyone else or is it just me.

I've been wondering re: spam. If possible, how about making it so that you need to have (random number)5+ posts to start a new thread?

Edit. Or do the spam accounts also make regular posts? :/

I've been wondering re: spam. If possible, how about making it so that you need to have (random number)5+ posts to start a new thread?
what about new members who make an introduction thread before posting elsewhere?

I can't say I even thought about that subforum when making the suggestion so you got me. The spam really feels out of hand...

It doesn't have to be 5+ posts though, I just mentioned a random number. I don't think anyone would die making an introduction thread after literally a couple of posts. Or is minimal forum activity that much to ask for? *looks at "recent" users with introduction threads*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back