「FictionJunction 2010-2013 The BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE 2」on June 3

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
^ then lets just hope that FJ doesnt cover up the guests with their own voices like it happened with Hanae and Mezame in vol.9

I still don't care about Credens be it sung by FJ, Eri, Hanae, all of them, or whoever.

One thing I just noticed is that she included both "himitsu" and "secret game" on the same disc.... That's interesting considering that himitsu is the Japanese version of secret game, and in my opinion much better. Has anyone seen "Secret game" live? Is it much different that the recorded version? I would assume it must be, and she must have added more vocals, because the vocals on the soundtrack version pretty much cuts out mid-way and then strings take over for the rest of it

And "Maze" too..... really? That has to be one of my least favorites from the Noir soundtrack. And that soundtrack is really good too, why didn't she pick "Black is black" or "Lullaby" to include here? My only guess is the "Maze" live version must also be beefed up from its recorded version. Anyone know if it is?

Lullaby has always been one of my favorite Kajiura songs and it's such a shame that it doesn't get performed at all.

Kajiura needs to make a concert where she performs songs that are never been performed before. How can she know whether the audiences will like the songs or not if she's never performed it before? I know Mezame, salva nos, zodiacal sign are considered her classics but imo she needs to venture out and perform other songs. There are almost nothing new in Kajiura live, only the same songs over and over again. The only new song she performed recently was Eat-Man theme... Such a shame because she has a quite vast selection of songs. When she invites Kasahara, she only makes her sing salva nos, liminality and/or Materialise. The only exception is Tears-op theme no.2 in live vol.9. Bah. Gimme place of the holy live. When she invites Hanae Tomaru, she only makes her sing Mezame medley and lotus. The only exception is Satoyama Main Theme in live vol.8. Gimme Kara no Kyoukai medley with Hanae and i'll die happily. Eri Itou seems to be the only exception because she has performed Xenosaga songs, Tsubasa songs, and Pandora Hearts songs.

Reactions: aki
One thing I just noticed is that she included both "himitsu" and "secret game" on the same disc.... That's interesting considering that himitsu is the Japanese version of secret game, and in my opinion much better. Has anyone seen "Secret game" live? Is it much different that the recorded version? I would assume it must be, and she must have added more vocals, because the vocals on the soundtrack version pretty much cuts out mid-way and then strings take over for the rest of it

Considering the singer and arrangement are different in each, I don't really see a problem.

I do agree they really need to perform Lullaby, although I want the Fiction version sung by Keiko.

I also think Keiko would do a great job with Lullaby, and now I want to see it

Kajiura needs to make a concert where she performs songs that are never been performed before. How can she know whether the audiences will like the songs or not if she's never performed it before? I know Mezame, salva nos, zodiacal sign are considered her classics but imo she needs to venture out and perform other songs. There are almost nothing new in Kajiura live, only the same songs over and over again. The only new song she performed recently was Eat-Man theme... Such a shame because she has a quite vast selection of songs. When she invites Kasahara, she only makes her sing salva nos, liminality and/or Materialise. The only exception is Tears-op theme no.2 in live vol.9. Bah. Gimme place of the holy live. When she invites Hanae Tomaru, she only makes her sing Mezame medley and lotus. The only exception is Satoyama Main Theme in live vol.8. Gimme Kara no Kyoukai medley with Hanae and i'll die happily. Eri Itou seems to be the only exception because she has performed Xenosaga songs, Tsubasa songs, and Pandora Hearts songs.
I would love it if she held special lives like the one she did for the SAO concert. That concert was entirely comprised of new tracks with the exception of luminous sword.

^ That would be a bit like an orchestra performing a different Mahler symphony every night for 7 nights, insanely intense beyond YK Live vol. #9 or YK vol. #10.

It would probably be exhausting for Kajiura since she would need to arrange the whole soundtrack for each series.

^Yeah, the logistics of it would be insane, but I'd still be totally up for it if I had the chance. Even the audience might end up pretty exhausted by the end though! Same goes for Mahler (I've not heard much of his stuff so far, so would probably enjoy that too!)

EDIT: a re-arranged, condensed version might be okay. e.g. the seven KnK OSTs were put onto two CDs that contain most of the best bits, so if it were done that way you'd end with a 'KnK Night' concert that lasts a couple of hours at most. That's certainly doable.

EDIT: a re-arranged, condensed version might be okay. e.g. the seven KnK OSTs were put onto two CDs that contain most of the best bits, so if it were done that way you'd end with a 'KnK Night' concert that lasts a couple of hours at most. That's certainly doable.

She would just need to add the KnK 8 themes, and the waltz from KnK 6, but it would still be around 2 hours.

Hanae + FJ + the usual band + Rie, and either a strings quartet or ensemble.

^ Ooh, jacket cover is up too! But not much difference from the previous one...

It's actually uglier than the first live best CD, thanks to horrible font choice.

they do make the tracklist in sequential order of the concerts the song were recorded from.

I'm still not over frenetic without Hanae.

Here for those who want to save it
fj-yuki-live-best-2-l.jpg

Im glad she decided to dedicate Disc 3 to vol#10.
If she added a few more tracks from it, i would be even more pleased.

I dont really remember what was on the other setlists

Back