Chat About Final Fantasy ^^

Finally got Doomtrain card back, so the Card Queen quest is pretty much finished... Except that the guides advise leaving her in Shumi village, and she keeps running between FH and Winhill. :stupidbox: :XD:

^ it's possible :ayashii: hahahaha~

Finally finished downloading VII for PSP :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Will topup fund and then pay for IX & VIII :nosebleed: I really love these 3 games. :dote:
I hope they will make FFVI (original..no graphic improvement like III or IV, hehe, i love classic) available for download too! :nosebleed:

Recently I watched too many FF related videos.... Melodies of Life, Eyes on Me, Suteki da ne, Orchestra, FMV... I'm quite dissapointed with FFXIII review by most fans but still want to play it to confirm myself (most people don't like XII but i like it). I need a PS3 !!! :stupidbox:

Any of you watch Distant World RETURNING HOME concert? Just watched it. Finally they're back to their hometown XD
I love FF orchestra :dote:

I'm geniunely looking forward to Type-0, mainly because of Sice and Seven.〜
tumblr_lw9rsxQIif1qbjq43.jpg
tumblr_lw9rwrH3JG1qbjq43.gif

Beaten Final Fantasy VIII. :sohappy: I think I can safely call it one of my favourite FF games along with Final Fantasy V. The gameplay ends up significantly different from other installments, after all, and the plot and the characters appeal to me a lot, and I don't give a damn about what some haters might think of this all. :dote: Rinoa joins my list of favourite FF characters which has been all female until now, but I'm also adding up Squall. At first I thought he would be another semi-angsty protagonist who grew up from a shy boy into a scar-hearted hero, but he rounded up as more natural, both in his problems and his character development.

I got all cards and planned on challenging Omega Weapon, but after running all over the last dungeon I grew lazy to fight it honestly and just spent the whole fight on Holy Wars and Renzokuken. :ohoho: Speaking of Renzokuken... Screw the finishing move's random nature - I spent quite some time to upgrade the gunblade fully, yet I've never even seen Lionheart in action. :blood:

^I don't know if I'm right, but I've always had this feeling that it was easier to get Lionheart when your HP was really low (although this isn't a rule). That's why when the last form of Ultimecia used Last Judgment I would leave my group with only 1 HP LOL

Dang! my memory for other FF is below 60%....

Has anyone play FFXIII-2? They said the sequel is better...

I just played the demo. It did seem better just from a demo, but I'm gonna wait for a long time until I get my hands on it. Well, it's easy to be better than the first game anyway.

I reqd that tri-Ace was involved this time, and we're talking the authors of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile here, so I'm ready to cut the game some slack in advance. Funny that FF13 itself made me feel like the battle system might be evolving closer towards Tales series... And now the sequel employs the studio whose creators were initially behind Tales of Phantasia. :plot:

As to Ultimecia... Um, no, I don't think I'd have enough guts to keep the party at 1 HP for the last battle. :XD: I megalixir'd them every time. I did use limit breaks, but solely through the benefit of max-stocked Aura (saved it up for luck junctions, but never figured out where I'd lost/wasted all the obtained scrolls :desksweat: ). It's probably the only stocked magic I've ever used freely in-game. :XD:

Lionheart isn't the only cool limit break I've missed. I spent half an hour in one fight trying to roll ThE End in Selphie's slots, and I've never seen Rinoa's Invincible Moon in action either. Then again, the last battle gave me the pleasure of witnessing Wishing Star... Goodness gracious, that's gotta be THE MOST EPIC limit break the series showed me so far. :TdT: :XD:

I left them with 1 HP only because I discovered a pattern in her attacks. If I do remember correctly, she will use Hell's Judgement twice but will most probably not use any attack between this time gap. Or I had the luck to have Rinoa use Invincible Moon or used a Hero in someone.

EDIT:
It turns out I wasn't wrong after all:

The rest will only be used when Rinoa is in critical status by manually choosing the Combine command from the Limit Break menu. The player can't choose which attack Angelo uses, but the attacks Angelo uses depend on the Crisis Level.
■ Crisis Level 1: Angelo Cannon
■ Crisis Level 2: Angelo Strike
■ Crisis Level 3: Invincible Moon
■ Crisis Level 4: Wishing Star

So, what is Crisis Level?

Crisis Level is a hidden condition in Final Fantasy VIII used to determine how often a character's Limit Break will appear, as well as different damage outputs, additional statuses, and more options for the Limit Breaks. Crisis Level is achieved by having a character in critical status (having a character's HP lower than 32% of their max HP, though for Seifer, he must be lower than 84% of his max HP). There are four levels of Crisis Level, and aside from current HP, various statuses also factor into determining what a character's Crisis Level is.

So, for Rinoa to use Invincible Moon or Wishing Star, it would be best to have her HP really low. It seems Aura also helps.

Everything was taken from the FF wiki, btw.

Oh, I see. Now that I think about it, Wishing Star really rolled up every time Rinoa was 1-HP'd by Hell's Judgement. It's odd that it should be the most critical limit break; casting invincibility when the character is closest to death would seem more logical.
Btw, is it me, or Rinoa gets the majority of her limit breaks after she becomes a (spoiler)? Before that, I only got Angelo Cannon, but afterwards, there was constantly an Angelo Wing option available at the very least. Not that I used it much... It's kinda cool (basically Berserk mode with free spells instead of melee), but like Selphie's slot machine, it dishes out weak spells most of the time.

On a related note, did I mention how I hate limit breaks in FF9? You need to endure some good maiming to reach a character's Trance, and yet it only lasts for the battle wherein it was reached. Might as well have gone back to FF7's system that worked on a similar principle, was less exploitable than FF8's but actually handy at the same time. :leaf:

^Well, theoretically she earns Angel Wing because she became
a sorceress
. If I remember correctly, Rinoa's magic with Angel Wing is 4 times higher than her natural magic. Yes, she uses random spellls...but you can leave only effective spells, like Ultima (or even better, Meteor). That way, she'll only cast an effective spell but dealing much more damage than she would normally do.
About FFIX, yeah, Trance was a pain in the ass since most of the time you only reached it in normal and useless battles.

Yes, she uses random spellls...but you can leave only effective spells, like Ultima (or even better, Meteor).

So her choice of spells is determined by she actually has in stock? It never occurred to me since the stocked magic isn't depleted.

True. :dote:

Speaking of FF13 OST, I like this one a lot:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Cg92jbc88[/youtube]

Finally got my hands on Dissidia 012. :sohappy: An undubbed version, too (although it seems to be just the in-battle shouts and lines that are undubbed, the cutscenes are in English). The gameplay is actually just like the intro movie, with lots of running, aerial dodging and hunting the opponent down with precise stirkes.I've tried several non-storyline battles, and the AI still wipes the floor with me more often than vice versa. :XD:

I wonder if I should be getting the first game, though... There are rumours that its story is included in Duodecim as it is. :ayashii:

Back