Chat About Final Fantasy ^^

I wasn't impressed with 13, maybe I didn't see enough of it to really get into it (I never play games I just watch my friend sometimes) But I didn't like the characters. Not too crazy about 7. 8 and 9 are probably my favorites though, I'm most familiar with them and 12. I sort of know 6 and 10. I like them so far, well I like it enough to cosplay Yuna at least.

Are any cpm members in KL or nearby planning to attend:

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/componen ... s-malaysia

quote:

Distant Worlds Malaysia Premiere!

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY
Arnie Roth, conductor
Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
with Chorus

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:30pm
Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:30pm
Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:00pm

Tickets on sale July 28, 2012 at mpo.com.my or by phone at +603-2051 7077
Alternatively, tickets can be purchased under the MPO Specials package starting from 21 July 2012 at the Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS Box Office.

man, I wish for an FFT3DS

i started playing dragon quest.. oh man, the stories are too shallow compared to FFII onwards
though the battle system (minus the combos using the buttons) in DQIX is very similar to tales of innocence

and I hate their magic lists
i don't even remember the DQ equivalent of fira, firaga etc.

Re:

Kugayama said:
Are any cpm members in KL or nearby planning to attend:

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/componen ... s-malaysia

quote:

Distant Worlds Malaysia Premiere!

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY
Arnie Roth, conductor
Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
with Chorus

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:30pm
Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:30pm
Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:00pm

Tickets on sale July 28, 2012 at mpo.com.my or by phone at +603-2051 7077
Alternatively, tickets can be purchased under the MPO Specials package starting from 21 July 2012 at the Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS Box Office.

I REALLY WANT TO GO~~~~ but.. but.. but.. but... :cry:

i started playing dragon quest.. oh man, the stories are too shallow compared to FFII onwards
though the battle system (minus the combos using the buttons) in DQIX is very similar to tales of innocence

I've beaten DQIII last year, and well, it's simply more adventure-oriented (the menus were a nightmare, though :ohoho: ). Horii based the series on the impressions from western RPGs like Wizardry, and it was Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star that started working more complex plots into the genre (since Sakaguchi himself said he was much more comfortable with storytelling). Even FFI whose plot may seem really shallow by modern standards was a groundbreak in its days, especially with
that time loop thing
. :sparkleguy:

Then again, DQ stories aren't that bad either (especially those like DQIV with its distinct chapters and DQ5 that spans over generations).

Huh? I've played DQIX a bit, and it has a turn-based system like them all. What similarity does it have to Tales of Innocence real time battles? :confu:

^actually not the real time battle system, maybe because the characters and enemies move around the screen a lot.

Tonight's Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert was very good, and I was able to get a photo of Nobuo Uematsu afterwards. Will post it when I get home.

72380.img.jpg

Just noticed:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-20010

ファイナルファンタジー オーケストラアルバム (仮) [通常版] [Blu-ray]/ ゲーム・ミュージック

生誕25周年を迎えたファイナル・ファンタジー・シリーズの音楽の中でも最も商品化の要望が高い"フルオーケストラ"演奏によるアレンジ盤が満を持して登場。植松伸夫が製作総指揮として参加し、新録音源を加えた全22曲を収録 (※FFシリーズ1〜14までを網羅)。人気のバトル曲メドレーをはじめ、FF6での名場面「オペラ」では、バトルシーン追加による完全版を収録。さらに、FFシリーズ初のボーカル曲でゴールドディスク大賞をも受賞した「Eyes On Me」は、ボーカルにクリスタル・ケイを迎えた完全新録曲。 【ご注意】 ブルーレイディスク (BD)は高品位の画質や音声を記録した新世代光ディスクです。BD対応プレーヤーで再生して下さい。 このBlu-ray Discは、≪音楽を楽しむためのBlu-ray Disc≫です。高音質で音楽が収録されており、演奏シーンなどの映像はほとんど収録されておりません。Blu-rayの規格に準拠しており、Blu-rayプレイヤーで再生できますが、通常のBlu-ray Videoとは異なりますので、ご注意ください。

Watched these yet? :sparkleguy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUcMbSBAzAA[/youtube]
Sorta a revamp of FF XIV after the reviews of it when it was first launched were so bad. Notice the "kweh" at 1:30? :XD: Bahamut, as usual, is badass. The background song is Answers by Susan Calloway. There's a live performance of that song here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMhcyzQ7mKw[/youtube]

I want that Bravely Default :tea:
though still no official announcement for the NA, E, etc releases.

-sigh- many spin off FF games yet to play. I'm targeting KH 3D next year!

Okay so I bought the Theathrythm Final Fantasy the other day

its core story is similar to Dissidia

wow never actually played the original versions of the games FFI-VI, they used the scenes from the original release!
If I remember correctly FFV was originally released in 1992. Well, I was born in 1993 :XD:

FFVI is still my favorite FF title to date. :tea:

I wish they would port FFV nd FFVI to 3DS already -_-
The logo of the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy still gives me hope that FFVI will be ported to the 3DS \(^0^ )
250px-Final_Fantasy_25th_Logo.png

Ohoho, we have this topic too? :waii:

I really respect Uematsu-dono as a great composer :sohappy:

As for FF, Ive only played IX and X and a little bit of I. I intend to play more. My best friend is a fanatic so he guides me :XD:

^ Same. Uematsu's really good in doing the music for the FF series.

My most favorite song that he composed for the series is "Suteki da ne" from FF-X, although I love the Korean version more than the original one.

Most favorite BGMs are the Rebel Army from FF-II and the FF-XII's rendition of the Main Theme.

There were some songs that are used in the series that are not composed by Uematsu, and my most liked is "New World" of Charice from FF-XIII2.

Have played and completed: FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV and its sequel After Years, FFVI, FFVII Crisis Core.

Back