[Album] Winter Acoustic “Kalafina with Strings”

Sadly it'll be Japanese Christmas songs I'd suspect, which is cool but is love to hear Keiko covering Barry White or Frank Sinatra or something. Pronunciation would be an issue but it'd at least give her the chance to actually utilise her deeper tones.

There are Japanese "christmas songs"? o_0 Then I'd rather have those than the English ones everyone knows (and I probably hate - grunty being grumpy about xmas... shocking, I know). Having said that, I'm not expecting much that they haven't already performed on those christmas lives...

I think a few might at least be in partial English. I'm pretty sure there was an accapella of a few Christmas song on Kalafina Club way back around 2010-2013. Also if I remember correctly on the last page of one of the Christmas Live pamphlets ( I think it was last year's) there was a score of a few lines of "We wish you a merry Christmas" with English lyrics.

EDIT: here's the pamphlet page I was referencing courtesy of kiasukid's blog
Kalafina%2BChristmas%2BPremium%2Blive%2B2015%2B%2Bchristmas%2Bcard%2B03.jpg

EDIT: Found a few of those accapellas
- Jingle bells
- something with Santa Claus in it
- Santa Claus is coming to town

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracklist is out!
https://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/item/itemShw.php?site=S&cd=SECL000002000&ima=0356

[DISC:1]

Tracklist:
1. from heaven above
2. In dulci jubilo
3. fairytale~with strings ver.~
4. sprinter~with strings ver.~
5. Jingle Bell
6. We wish you a Merry Christmas
7. 君の銀の庭 (Kimi no Gin no Niwa)~with strings ver.~
8. ring your bell~with strings ver.~
9. もろびとこぞりて (Joy to the World)
10. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
11. dolce~with strings ver.~
12. アレルヤ (Alleluia)~piano ver.~
13. やさしいうた (Yasashii Uta; Gentle Song) - new song

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tracklist overall.
Not the biggest fans of the Christmas songs chosen (Jingle Bells? Really? :notlistening:), but I like all the cover songs that were chosen. (Even though there's already an acoustic versions of Sprinter, but I'm not complaining :tea:) Especially happy that snow falling wasn't put in.
Really excited to hear them sing 'from heaven above' and 'In duici jubilo too'!
So yeah, overall this album is looking to be pretty good. :shy:
(And it's gonna be released in exactly a month, YAY)

Does anyone know what track 13 is? I understand that 9 is joy to the world but I can't find anything on track 13.

I'm excited about all the Kalafina songs here (I expect Ring Your Bell to be awesome.) Dolce with strings is also exciting.
I just wish there was more Kalafina in it, but since I never ever thought this would happen I'm not going to look a gift horse straight in the mouth.

Part of me wishes Jingle Bell Rock, and Winter Wonderland were in there just because those are my favourite. I'm honestly surprised there are Christmas songs I didn't know in here; with My school's Christmas Concerts from R-5 and the time the 6-7 choir did Carols by Candlelight with out brother school I thought that was impossible.

Mmm, I'm not that excited about the songs, but well, I'll probably like it when I listen to it, so let's see :)

Yay, a new song!! :sohappy:. Now Christmas will come even slower (my mom said she would buy it for me then) :comeback:

Until then I'll wait for news of into the world and Marchën

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed. I hope there are more songs on disc 2, considering it's like $40. Maybe it'll be some live footage.

Its album and albums are always sold around 3000 Yen so its not surprising, even though it doesnt have new songs apart from 1.
btw how do we know that one song is by Kalafina (its not stated in the Sony page) ?

Westkana: RHH songs are ALWAYS released in Kalafina albums since symphonia.

Last edited:
when I look at that new song title all I can think about is to the beginning lol since the song ends with "yasashii utaaaa"

This makes me incredibly happy <3
Me too! This is so exciting. I wonder if it'll be like Seiya, that song always gives me a Christmas vibe (though maybe that's just the words "Silent Night")

Yuck. I wasn't expecting that many christmas song covers.

Me neither, but if enough people buy it maybe SME will see that releasing acoustic songs will be very lucrative because of high demand.

Upon actually listening to the Christmas songs (._.) I'm actually getting a little bit more excited. from heaven above and In dulci jubilo are both meant to be sung by choirs, so eargasmic harmonies are in store. And in a live report I read of one of their Christmas lives, the version of jingle bells they sung was quite jazzy. I'm gonna hope on that.

Back