Kalafina 10th Anniversary Live at Nippon Budokan (2018-01-23) (BD/DVD Release June 13/2018)

Thanks, that’s helpful. Also, in some other scenes, like the Serenato rehearsals, Keiko looked like the leader to me. Maybe that’s why she usually gets to stand in the center :glasses:.

Yeah it felt like it. Possibly because Keiko is full of ideas that the other 2 seem to like?
In the Serenato they were discussing whether to add a crescendo at the end of their Kajiurago "aaaaaaaah", how gradual should the crescendo be, maybe 3 counts right at the end, everyone went oh yeah let's try that, they tried it, loved it and penciled it into their sheet music.

I'm so impressed by how hard they work. All that planning, selecting costumes, doing publicity and media, going over the music, rehearsing again and again until they perfect all these tiny details, and singing their hearts out for almost 3 hours. I get exhausted just singing off-key for 10 minutes, so I can't imagine how they must feel after a concert. They deserve every yen that they earn.

, going over the music, rehearsing again and again until they perfect all these tiny details, and singing their hearts out for almost 3 hours. I get exhausted just singing off-key for 10 minutes, so I can't imagine how they must feel after a concert.

^ and yet they manage to have imperfect parts in some of their performances :(

About Yuki, her job with Kalafina was producer, and she rarely appeared on videos or their performanced so i kinda see why they didnt include her in the video, even thought they should have since it was the last one, or when the filming started she had already left spaccraft ?

After watching the whole live, I think that perhaps the only songs that weren't done well were Mirai and To The Beginning (mainly Hikaru, but Keiko and Wakana were somewhat hesitant too). There were few imperfections through the rest of the concert; Wakana was slightly shrill in some of her high notes, Hikaru was struggling in some passages that required more power and Keiko's fake-cutesy voice sounded extremely imprecise (and annoying as hell). The mistakes were few and far between though. Hikaru showed strong vocals when required, very good on harmony and her high notes were fantastic. Keiko could be heard well in her parts, both on harmony and on lead, always on key and this time controlling her dynamics beautifully. Wakana was really in goddess-mode throughout most of the evening and looked much more confident and at ease than usual. Overall, very powerful and exciting performance by all three :D
My only question is, if they can sing songs like Kizuato-Serenato-Adore-Lirica-Progressive-Yane no Mukou ni so wonderfully (like they proved on this 10th Anniversary Live), why didn't they sing them more often in the past?? :((((

My only question is, if they can sing songs like Kizuato-Serenato-Adore-Lirica-Progressive-Yane no Mukou ni so wonderfully (like they proved on this 10th Anniversary Live),
Did they sound the same as in the bootleg recordings? (Genuinely asking.)

Silly question, but aside from serenato (and maybe the Mezamashi live YnMn performance) when were those other songs heard as bootlegs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to some of the bootlegs, and yes, they sounded just as good in them as in the official release imo, just more cleaned up

To say that they sounded good is such an overstatement considering what hikaru (or to an extent, all 3 girls) did couldn't exactly be described as proper singing but i just wanna say that for their final release as a trio, the video editing left much to be desired. i thought they would at least make some decent edits for this one but no, the edits looked so amateurish with some random flashes of random parts of the musicians pasted here and there. Why.

On to the documentary, Keiko sounded real good on their Deck the Halls (was it deck the halls?) practice. One Christmas song in which she seemed to be actually carrying the melody and ofc they didn't put it on their Christmas album. The documentary itself is... not special, to call it a proper documentary really is a stretch and they even used the exact same cuts from their previous DVD/BD extra documentaries.

There was bootleg of the exact live if you want to compare it.
Unless someone posts a direct comparison, no thanks. I'm not that interested to do it myself since I'd already made up my mind on their abilities years ago.

Edit: Removed "girls" as per request in another post.

I listened to some of the bootlegs, and yes, they sounded just as good in them as in the official release imo, just more cleaned up
I disagree.

Reference these few moments I picked up on major editing of offkey notes:

Ring your bell: WAKANA' final "ring your bell and raise your song...ring your bell" was super flat in real life

Sprinter: HIKARU started off sharp During the actual concert

Hikarifuru: WAKANA's line, "chiisana kororo [hitotsudake de]" -- CRAZY flat From my memory.

I'm not here to shame the girls - I actually loved hearing these imperfections in the live. It proved to me that there was no lip syncing and all that nonsense. Volume editing I'm cool with Cus there were major disparities in the volume of their voices throughout The live. I don't appreciate how crazily they (Kajiura?) edited the pitch. Nonetheless a great release, I'll definitely enjoy listening to this concert for an eternity! But hardly a good representation of their true vocals from that day (and it's ok!!!)

Back