Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Hanako to Anne" TV drama

listening to my copy now
My Long Story fits nicely with the other three openings I think and I do remember it well from the episodes

btw @Liana_Ilia did you rip it as mp3? I can share my alac if anyone wants lossless

Chiisana Hiroi Sekai!!! It's that wonderful koppitona-ish track yay

Onna no Kokoro... I don't remember at all. Same with a place to be. Mm wait. They may have used an alternate ver of just the oboe(?) part before
ahh I remember watashi dake no jikan
shiitagerarete was a track I don't think was in your rips watt but I noticed quite a lot
hrm taking a while to upload. The uni wifi has been hating me the past few days...

oh man yes war theme! but why is it not taisen he no michi lol. But wow listening to taisen he no michi I'm immediately brought back to specifically after the earthquake
add It Happens Sometimes to the list of never heard before

ah here we go
:tea:

oh man yes war theme! but why is it not taisen he no michi lol. But wow listening to taisen he no michi I'm immediately brought back to specifically after the earthquake
add It Happens Sometimes to the list of never heard before

ah here we go
:tea:

Can't extract. Tried both winrar and 7zip :orz:

Can't extract. Tried both winrar and 7zip :orz:
eh, now that I try it, I can't either. hm. trying again

ugokidasu unmei = :love:
this showed up a lot recently in the episodes
I Found a Small Light :touched:
I vaguely remember yurayurato
don't remember odayakana hibi he but it's very nice. Oh wait, the second part sounds familiar
mou aenai hito ;__; and wow, perfect title. I'm pretty sure this played every time someone died, come to think of it :cry:
nakushitamono was one I always liked though it's so soft

EDIT:
gGgdcT3.png

???

Thanks aki :sohappy: I'll try not to touch it till I've finished watching the series, though :TdT:

^oh shush. Lol maybe if you listen beforehand, you'll be able to see if some of these tracks are actually played at all

Forgot to say, thanks aki! You have made tomorrow's trip more pleasant.

Now the Quing shall kiss you :chuu:

Thanks aki! I love this vol. so far. I'll post a review later along with my thoughts on the whole series soundtrack.

Thanks for uploading it. I had trouble as well. Some songs got left out... sorry it took me so long to say it. *sigh* I will post a review tomorrow as well. It's so lovely! I think there were some songs left out of the show, especially the "vocal" one, which I love.

Thanks, aki. I enjoyed it, although still it wasn't as exciting as OST1 (or at least how I remember that one). I'd say I generally liked everything that wasn't just strings. Yuriko's track was really nice for me, since it was just a light harmony track, not a distinctive melody that got repeated ad nauseam with instrumental breaks. Also #18. <3

Yes, that track is beautiful. Going to write review soon. (Maybe this music will help with my headache, since it usually does with Yuki.)

fav tracks

My Long Story
very gentle and calming flute beginning :)

Chiisana Hiroi Sekai
very nice tune and choice of instruments!
the flute melody reminds me of something but i cant remember

Onna no Kokoro
I like different kind of "ha"s during the whole song, as well as their harmony

A Place to be
I like the combination of Oboe and flute here

Fly little dreams
So sweet and playful! I love the flute part especially <3

Sasurai no Otou
nice jazzy track, I especially like the flute and the a.guitar

It happens sometimes
This track reminds me of a certain FFXIII music which has the same instruments, jazzy like the previousi liked

Arukidasou
nice piano, and drums, remiands of some pre-noir tracks

I Found a Small Light
that flute melody is so sweet!! I love it <3

Sparta Kyouiku!
very nice track, its both playful and a bit creepy
about the title, "Sparta" refers to the greek city and to "this is Sparta" ? :XD:

Mirai wo Aite: interesting use of instruments

Hon no Sekai: relaxing,

I used the English version of the songs, hope you don't mind. heh. Here is my long review. Well, kind of long:
1. My Long Story- This one almost made me cry the first time I heard it. I remember it in the show, but it’s just :cry: for me. It’s so beautiful and I love the strings better than the bagpipes for this song. It truly is beautiful.

2. The joy of becoming a mother- This one is nice. I like the rise in the piano in the beginning. And the strings. Definitely remember this one.
3. A small, wide world-I really really like this one. I love Celtic songs, and this reminds me of Salvae, terrae magica a bit. And a bit of Spice and Wolf. It’s a nice tune.

4. A woman’s heart-I love this song. It’s nice and relaxing and could be used during yoga or a massage or something. I love the ahhing, it’s so soothing.

5. A Place to Be- This sounds like a church hymn actually. I can’t think of the song though at the moment. Maybe it will come to me, or my mom will know it. But it’s pretty and I like it.

6. Fly, Little Dreams- I like the flute in this one. It’s nice and peaceful again. (Judging from the soundtrack sometimes it’s like there’s no hardship or war in this show.) I like it.

7. The time of just me- This is a sad piece. I remember it being played sometimes when she was thinking of Ayumu (took me awhile to remember his name) and it makes me sad.

8. The manner of (修和)- This one is very different from Yuki. Is this the Romeo and Juliet song? I like the music box feel of it. It has a happy tone.

9. Opressed- This one is kind of blah, and I like dulcimer.

10. Wandering Dad- Heh I like this one. It’s jazzy and catchy. Reminds me of her dad. Seems like an older Kajiura song.

11. At the end of doubt- Another sad piece. But the title gives it hope, and that’s what the strings do too. I can imagine her being confident, or another character in the show. I like it.

12. Fate began to tumble down- When I first saw the title I thought “the world is tumbling down” from Fate. Heh This is the war theme that wat wanted I think, or was it aki? Anyways, it’s good. It’s still not the one where the soldiers were marching I think. I’ll have to rewatch it, but I am pretty sure that one was left out. So there may be another cause for another Works for Soundtrack soon. But this sounds more like an RHH song. Heh I enjoy it.

13. The road to the great war- A kind of troubling song, for those hard times. Reminds me of Madoka.

14. It Happens Sometimes- This one made me laugh so hard. I don’t think it’s in the show. I don’t remember Yuki ever using that “sound effect,” not sure what it’s called. It sounds like it’s from an old action movie. Love the violin part though.

15. An absurd person- And then she goes to this after that track. Lol Definitely different.

16. You and your one dream – I like this one. The trumped is nice, even though trumpet is not my favorite instrument. It’s nice here with the strings. It gives hope and meaning.

17. Another star- I like it. It’s a good “ending” song, or seems like it. The drums are a nice touch too.

18. Fate begins to move- As I have said, this is a nice track. Very mysterious. I like the sound effects in the background. It’s a nice song, very relaxing.

19. If you go brightly- A very nice dance song. Was it this one in the play? I remember it in other parts too. I like it, very uplifting.

20. Let’s walk- This is a very good song. It feels like it came from a commercial or something, or could have vocals. I like the title for it too. Very different for Yuki again.

21. I Found a Small Light- Love it. It’s so emotional. The beginning sounds almost exactly like a song from “Kingdom of Heaven,” and I love that music as well. This is similar, but different.

22. What must be obeyed- A very sweet song. But has a kind of sad note to it too.

23. Spartan education- lol at the title. Is this the European song someone was talking about? I like it. I think I like the other one better though. But whenever she writes these types of songs I immediately thing “Stargate!”

24. Spending time together- It’s a nice song. Nice instruments. Will be listening to this when I want to relax, which has been a lot lately.

25. Across from that road (there is…)- The title fits for sure. I like this melody. It’s sweet but at the same time melancholy. It’s nice.

26. Swaying- Another one that sounds like it could be played in church on the organ. Is that’s what’s being used here? It’s a very sad but beautiful song.

27. Towards a calm day- I like this dulcimer one better. It reminds me of a summer day where the sun is shining and the birds chirping. Those kids playing in the street in the show. The combination of the flute and cello is nice.

28. People unable to meet any longer- Ah this melody again. The title says it’s a sad song, which is it, but it gives off hope and courage. I do like this melody though, it reminds me of a nice warm cabin in the middle of a snowstorm.

29. Continuing on with firm steps- I love all string ones, so this one is no exception. With the cello it is a nice touch (or is it viola?).

30. Something lost- A sad piano song. Kind of blah.

31. Next Story- The theme of the show again. I mean the instrumental part anyways. It’s nice with the clarinet. She hasn’t used the clarinet in awhile right? I like this slow version.

32. You and your one dream#2- An all piano version. I like it.

33. A thaw- I remember this song a lot in the show towards the end. It’s kind of sad, but uplifting at the same time. Love the piano part in this song the most.

34. Open the future- Another nice trumpet song. Nice and peaceful. A good way to end the soundtrack. (Well, the second to last song.)

35. A world of books- A very nice ending song. Also feels a bit like a church song. I really like it, very nice feel to it.

Overall I would give this soundtrack an 8/10. I think that was the last one too. There were only a couple of tracks I really did not care for. I think 3 and 18 are probably my favorites. The others are all good, since I love the violin. I really enjoyed A thaw, or 33. I hope she writes something like this again in the future. I think this soundtrack as a whole is one of her best in a long time. I don’t know why they did not use some songs, or why she did not release some. But I hope they get released too in another WFS. That would be nice. Overall I loved this work. Great job Yuki Kajiura, I will keep loving your music for a long time I hope.

scans :plot:

comparing it to watt's rips...
  • 転がり始めた運命 = War Theme
  • My Long Story = My Story ver.2/3
  • I Found a Small Light = Eiji Returns
  • ゆらゆらと = #115 M01
  • もう合えない人= Earthquake
  • 小さな広い世界=こぴっとな!-ish
the sfx at the very beginning of hon no sekai sounds pmmm-like to me

favourites are definitely chiisana hiroi sekai, watashi dake no jikan, shiitagerarete, mayoi no hate ni, korogari hajimeta unmei, taisen he no michi, I Found a Small Light, and mou aenai hito
though most of these were already my favourites thanks to watt's rips

I still like ost 1 best as a whole, but that may be because I already had favourites picked out from unreleased stuff before the 2nd and 3rd came out. Still, there are a nice handful of tracks from both 2 and 3 that I adore

EDIT: others
  • スパルタ教育! = Arabian Theme
  • 明るく行けば = Ayumu no Fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Back