「Yuki Kajiura Live Vol.#13〜featuring SWORD ART ONLINE」 - 21, 26, 27 March 2016

@Atlas Star I am calm and im just discussing :)

But then again, SAO has 8 songs with vocals, and some of them wouldn't even need Keiko.

Exactly.

Even if she already knows the Kalafina songs they still require rehearsals and to sing them, so i dont see how few songs with a bit of lyrics would be a larger burden to her than 24 full-lyrics songs.

Last edited:
^ It's not a larger burden on her. That's the point. Because she isn't crucial to this YK concert, unlike Kalafina lives, it makes sense to let her not attend and rest during that time. Once Kalafina finishes in Mexico, she'll be off until early April from live singing appearances (unless she's singing in the FJC "Best 20" Part 2, in which case she'd have 2 weeks off, then another month, I believe).

OH MY GOODNESS I WISH I READ THIS SOONER POOR KEIKO
I had bronchitis once, I had to take 4 courses of antibiotics in three months, though I was a lot younger so probably a lot weaker too.
Keiko seems to be a very healthy person, she exercises regularly and eats healthy meals so she would most likely have a strong immune system, she's used to using respirators for asthma (I believe she uses them to help her voice after singing for rehearsals) and I also remember her saying she tries not to talk much if she has a live performance, (when you get bronchitis doctors will sometimes advise you to use an asthma puffer to stop coughing at nighttime). (All this information was stated during an interview, it might've been a Kawaii Girl Japan one I can't remember since it was a long time ago.) At least she's getting time off
My wishes for a speedy recovery for Keiko.

Here is the message
http://fictionjunction.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

[Keikoに関して]
「Sing All Overture」に参加していましたVocalのKeikoは軽い気管支炎を患い、主治医の判断で大事に至らないよう一定期間の休みを取り治療に専念することになりました。つきましては今回の「Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#13 ~featuring SWORD ART ONLINE~」は出演を見送る事になりましたことをご報告させて頂くと共にご心配をおかけいたします事をお詫び申し上げます。直、2月20日のメキシコ公演、4月以降予定されている「“Kalafina with Strings” Spring Premium LIVE 2016」、および谷村新司さんの国立劇場でのリサイタルには出演致しますので、何卒宜しくお願い致します。

@Atlas Star I am calm and im just discussing :)
I'm telling you to calm down not because of the tone of your text, but rather the persistence in your endeavour for the absolute reason as to why KEIKO opted out of performing in this one particular live performance XD. You literally spent a whole PAGE of this 5-page thread going back and forth with the Reaper of the Seasons and Hatou when they have repeatedly responded with appropriate reasoning as to what the situation MAY BE ;)

Let me break it down for you:

You believe that YK Vol. 13 is not much of a burden on her voice COMPARED TO a Kalafina live performance, since the former requires less stress on her voice than the latter. You think that if she's going to be performing at more strenuous Kalafina lives, she might as well participate in a less strenuous YK live. You cannot identify the reason as to why she even bothers canceling a less strenuous YK 13 live when she's going to continue performing at more strenuous Kalafina lives. XD

To which Hatou responded "she is prioritizing her Kalafina lives over her YK live." (paraphrased)

You CONTINUE TO PERSIST with the discussion afterwards, still stubborn on the fact that YK Vol. 13 has "such little songs that it will not be of a burden to her compared to a full Kalafina setlist" (paraphrased).

You need to realise that she is an adult and a professional singer and she can make her own decisions about what is best for her voice. You're seeking a "reason" that no one can find but KEIKO herself, and your criticism of KEIKO's choice is quite demeaning, to be honest. Sure, she should be resting this whole time to recover from mild bronchitis. Let's just cancel all the live performances they have lined up! :tea:

so yes. calm down :)

The logic I would have if i was in her shoes would be: I have brochitis that I thought that would pass. I perform at lets say Xmass live but then I see that its still percisting. I ask for some day offs in order to heal (its sure it would heal faster if she didnt sing in the meantime). After its healed I continue singing fully healed and happy. If needed they could even modify the setlist of one or 2 to include some of the less-Keiko songs for one or 2 lives. Its true she is less important in Kajiura lives since there are more vocalists to cover up, but I think a Kalafina fan would be just understanding of the situation as a FJ/YK in a Keiko absence in Kalafina.

What's done is done and I was just discussing the alternative, the same way some others discuss about why they wore the Red Moon dresses and not the Consolation ones. There is nothing wrong about it i think.

Also its not my fault if the thread has few pages, its just means its less popular than other #'s and spending a page on the matter isnt something wrong either, since its still on-topic.

I think a Kalafina fan would be just understanding of the situation as a FJ/YK in a Keiko absence in Kalafina.

Also its not my fault if the thread has few pages, its just means its less popular than other #'s and spending a page on the matter isnt something wrong either, since its still on-topic.
giphy.gif

Um... what?

A Keiko absence in Kalafina is like trying to drive a car without the key... (Saying this as a Kalafina fan) so no, I would not be understanding.

Also discussing alternatives is fine, however you (George) keep trying to make others agree with your point after they already made their comments so it's really ???

I would agree. Kalafina requires all three of them, it's integral to the concept. The whole project is built upon harmonising, so not having any one of them there wouldn't work. I'd be understanding if they cancelled a live because one of them was ill, whilst it would be disappointing (and infuriating if I'd booked flights/hotel specifically for a live, but that's why I didn't go to Japan JUST to see them) it would be a viable reason. I care enough about the girls that health issues come before performing. In fact, that goes for any band. Whilst I haven't had any gigs I've had tickets to postponed thus far, I see it quite often that cancellation and alterations happen due to member illnesses. The members of a band are humans after all, and humans get sick. It's part of life. In most cases they'll either reimburse ticket costs or allow for those tickets to be used at a future, reorganised performance.

Trying to run a Kalafina live with one of the girls absent just wouldn't work properly, though. It's acceptable for TV appearances and performances maybe (and I believe that has happened before?) as there are a handful of songs that mainly use one or two of them and they use a backing track for a lot of it anyway, but a full live NEEDS all three of them. At this stage it's arguable that even having someone like Korenaga or Jr absent would be a pretty big blow. Despite the awkwardness of rescheduling, I'd much prefer a cancellation/rebooking over an absence in this case.

You know. Saying 20 new songs was just a guestimate. But that's not the point. The point is it's more than 0. Point is, it's more work than skipping the event. Let's do some simple math, just in case. Kalafina effort + yk13 effort > kalafina effort. And don't you dare trivialize the work put into each live.

You would prefer that she cancel her Kalafina acts too, but doing so affects way more people than her skipping yk13. And there's no planning around that other than to reschedule them (again, yk13 can be and is planned round her absence). If she thinks she can handle Mexico, then I would respect her decision, even if it is one born out of not wanting to disappoint fans or inconveniencing others. Surely they've considered canceling all those, but have apparently decided that it wasn't bad enough to warrant that. But, it is of course preferable for her to rest more, and so she will skip everything that doesn't hinge on her being there. It's such an easy concept I don't know why we need to go over it in so many ways.

And surely there's no need to explain the fundamental difference between kalafina and FictionJunction?

Blah blah blah. Anytime I'm reading about "... but what about disappointing fans" I get grumpy. I know it's Japan and you have to be "respectful" and "polite" to everyone but FUCK DAT SHIT. Health is health, and your choices are your own. :P

I think it's wise she's skipping SAO live. As for Kalafina I'm sure she is aware of risks of both performing and skipping out so it's just her choice not to go against contractual obligations. And if she gets worse she'll have to either sound shit, lipsync (lol) or cancel it regardless. End of story.

PS. Get off george's back. ;P

Blah blah blah. Anytime I'm reading about "... but what about disappointing fans" I get grumpy. I know it's Japan and you have to be "respectful" and "polite" to everyone but FUCK DAT SHIT. Health is health, and your choices are your own. :P

I think it's wise she's skipping SAO live. As for Kalafina I'm sure she is aware of risks of both performing and skipping out so it's just her choice not to go against contractual obligations. And if she gets worse she'll have to either sound shit, lipsync (lol) or cancel it regardless. End of story.

PS. Get off george's back. ;P
Agreed, Honestly for a Japan live, if it meant that Kalafina or FJ would sound better then refunding tickets or rescheduling lives and giving people tickets for the rescheduled live would probably be way better for Keiko and the live sound in general. It's harder to do with Mexico but that's understandable, it's international and extremely far from Japan which is rare.

Plus I mean Kalafina are always touring, they head to every single place in Japan 24/7. They go to the same places more than once in a tour. I mean can't people just travel to a different like, state equivalent to see them? In Australia people literally go from one side of the continent to the other to see people and some even go international.

My point is Kalafina have so many lives at the same places all the time. They'll go to a place like Osaka and in like 8 months they'll be there again. Is it really catastrophic if a live was rescheduled when they travel around the country all the time?

I understand, the Kalafina lives are for her more important than YK lives. It is obvious and I'm not surprised. I think (don't hate me) that Kalafina is much more important project that YK live. I think that Keiko and Wakana are attending it because they love to sing and they have fun during live but they don't treat it so serious as Kalafina.
I hope that she fully recover to attend spring live and Tanimura's recitals. Poor Keiko :touched:

Agreed, Honestly for a Japan live, if it meant that Kalafina or FJ would sound better then refunding tickets or rescheduling lives and giving people tickets for the rescheduled live would probably be way better for Keiko and the live sound in general. It's harder to do with Mexico but that's understandable, it's international and extremely far from Japan which is rare.

Plus I mean Kalafina are always touring, they head to every single place in Japan 24/7. They go to the same places more than once in a tour. I mean can't people just travel to a different like, state equivalent to see them? In Australia people literally go from one side of the continent to the other to see people and some even go international.

My point is Kalafina have so many lives at the same places all the time. They'll go to a place like Osaka and in like 8 months they'll be there again. Is it really catastrophic if a live was rescheduled when they travel around the country all the time?
You'd be surprised. Everytime Kalafina announces an overseas live, there will be some poor student somewhere ranting about how if Kalafina has the budget/time/whatever to go so far away, why can't they visit their part of Japan.

Smh. Their bullet train and railway system is probably the most efficient in the world and they complain that Kalafina can't go to whatever area they're in? We have to fly so far just to see them, which costs so much more in both time and money. Just take the damn Shinkansen.

The Shinkansen isn't even that expensive all things considered, plus it's damn quick and known for being reliable.

And then I have my local service which is far slower, unreliable as hell and even more expensive for shorter distances. I can only dream of having a rail service like theirs. I don't think I've found a service more incompetent than ours in any country I've been to.

^Atlanta's rail system isn't good at all. Most people drive or ride a bus, since it's normally faster. So the UK rail system that you have there probably is much better than Atlanta's.

Anyway, I hope that Keiko gets better soon, hopefully in time to attend the end of the YK13 lives (unless this is the last performance), and for Kalafina's Mexico Live. I understand more why Keiko is absent from YK13 rather than Kalafina, as I saw someone said that she's a core component of Kalafina rather than YK13, especially since this one is focusing on SAO's songs. I noticed from the recording, Wakana wasn't on stage for a couple of the songs, so perhaps she could cover some of Keiko's parts on those songs...? (Though her voice may not be the best for them). And since Remi's there, they can be more flexible. I guess Wakana could do her parts on the songs where she's not there, and I guess Kajiura could do her parts on the songs where Wakana is normally present.

I don't know much about Atlanta's service, but I'm not sure it's any worse. Within the last year, I think about 95% of the trains I've had to catch have been 5-10 minutes late at least, with around 20-30% of those being at least half an hour late. Probably another 5% of those were outright cancellations. I had one month where my train was cancelled no less than four times. Worst thing is I live in the middle of nowhere, so I have one train an hour, so having it cancelled is a pain in the ass. Anyway, enough about trains.

I'm interested to see how Keiko's performance is in Mexico. Most of the reports I've been seeing of the Special Finals seem to indicate her performance was fine, so she's either really good at keeping control of her voice despite being sick or it's living up to it's name of 'mild' I suspect it's both. The time I had bronchitis was definitely not mild and I could barely even be awake without constant coughing fits and I felt awful, I was completely out of action for a couple of weeks and the symptoms continued on for a couple of months in lesser form, the cough being the most long-lived. Keiko is undoubtedly in much better health than I am though, and I was probably worse back then than I am now in that regard. From what I can tell her body is in a very healthy state and the amount of exercise and healthy eating she seems to mention backs that up, so her recovery should be relatively quick. Without having to worry about performing for a while and not putting that strain on her throat should make it a lot faster as well.

Interview with YK about SAO: http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1455596432

2016/2/16 16:30
梶浦由記 曲作りのルーツ、ライブに対する考え方を語る

稀代のトラックメイカー 梶浦由記は、Kalafinaのプロデュースを筆頭に数々のアニメ・映像のサウンドトラックを精密に大胆に作り上げてきた。そんな彼女が、2016年3月21日東京国際フォーラムAを皮切りに個人名義のライブ『Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#13 ~featuring SWORD ART ONLINE』を行う。梶浦にとってのライブとは? 見るものの感情を揺さぶるその楽曲作りの原点はどこなのか? 赤裸々に語ってもらった。

──3/21にフォーラムAで行われるコンサートですが、人気アニメ『SWORD ART ONLINE』(以下、SAO)の楽曲縛りということですが。

梶浦由記(以下、梶浦):本当にライブは趣味でやってきまして、やりたい曲ごちゃまぜでやってたんです。私はBGMを書いていて、決して多いほうじゃないと思うんですけど、それでも制作した楽曲がもう2~3000曲はあるんです。そこから何やるかわからないと予習ができないんですよね。CDを全部持ってる人もいませんし、もう販売していないものもあるし、映像の特典としてCDがついてるものも結構ありますし。

──そうですね。
梶浦:ライブにいらして下さる人には予習しないで来て、流れる音楽をそのまま楽しんでくださいっていう、ラフなライブを続けてきたんです。でも作品一本に縛ってやったことがなかったんですね。そういうのも見たいっていうアンケートを頂いたりして、私もそれは面白いかもねって話してる時に『SAO』のサントラが発売するっていうことになりまして、アルバムを出すのに合わせてライブをやるっていう綺麗な流れだ! ってスタッフと盛り上がって、それで決まりました。

──梶浦さんの中で『SAO』というのはどういう作品でした?

梶浦:凄くいい意味で解りやすい作品だと思うんです。光と闇が融け合っている! とかではなく、主人公のキリトはカッコいいし、原作を読んでいてもそのカタルシスを求めてるところがあったんですよね。アニメもその原作のつくりをちゃんと周到してるし、期待を裏切らないというか、なので曲はすごく作りやすかったですね。

──確かに主人公のキリトはカッコいいし、ヒロインのアスナは可愛いですもんね。

梶浦:裏がないというか、ここはバトルシーンだとしたらバトルシーンだし、キラキラしたシーンはきちんとキラキラしてるんです。その後ろに影があって…という作品ではないので、そこに合わせる曲も解りやすい曲が必要だと思ったし、求められましたね。ストレートな曲を作るのはとても楽しかったです。

──ものすごい数の楽曲を作り、プロデュースをやられてますが、印象深かったものはありますか?

梶浦:どの作品と組む時も必死で、子供が10人いたら10人とも可愛いんですよね。どの作品も印象深いし、語れって言われたらそれぞれ3日位語れますよ(笑)

──梶浦さんの曲はKalafinaなどの楽曲を筆頭に、印象的なものが多いですが、音楽の源流というのはどの辺になるのでしょうか?

梶浦:そうですね、音楽が好きになったキッカケは、親がクラシック好きだったんです。しかも歌ものが好きなのでオペラばっかりだったんです。私の両親は大学の合唱サークルで出会って、一緒に歌を歌っていたという当時すごくベタに知り合っていて(笑)父は歌うのが好きだったんですよ。だから私は幼稚園からピアノを習わされて、その私のピアノ伴奏で歌いたかったみたいですね。小学校低学年の時はオペラしか聞いていなくてうんちくとか語っちゃったりして、今思うとイヤな小学生だったなと思いますよ(笑)

──確かに一般的ではないですね(笑)

梶浦:そのうち兄がビートルズを聞き出したんです。私は音楽にハマるとドハマリするタイプだったんで、ビートルズばっかり聞き出して。小学校4~5年生の時は英語は習ってなかったんですけど、歌詞を全部覚えたくて全部書き写して、いつもその手描き歌詞カードを持ち歩いてましたね(笑)

──やっぱり普通じゃない(笑)

梶浦:マセてますよね、そう考えると私のルーツはオペラとビートルズなのかな。

──そう言われたらなんとなく今の梶浦さんに繋がる気がしてきますね。クラシックな手法を使いつつも、凄くポップなメロディがあるというか。

梶浦:当時ってインターネットもないし、情報収集源がないんですよ。買ったカセットテープかレコードか、若しくは家族に与えられるもの、あとはラジオくらいしか無い。録音も自由にできるほど機材が発達してなかったし、与えられた音楽一曲一曲の重要性が凄く重くて。何回も聞くんですよ、ビートルズとか何千回聞いたかわからないくらい。そういう意味での刷り込みは凄い大きいのかも。

──そうですね、昔は一曲をひたすら聴きこんでましたね。

梶浦:それしか無いですからね。でも私はいろんな音楽を気軽に聞ける、今の環境が悪いと言ってるんじゃなくて。ただ時代の特筆として、私たちは同じものを延々と聞くという音楽の練習法だったんですよ。一つのジャンルに固執する力は昔の人が強いんじゃないかな。でも今の人たちは情報量も多いし、自由だし、その分広い視野でものを作れると思います。音楽の作り方が今と昔で変わってくるのも当たり前なんだろうな、と思ったりしますね。

──僕の梶浦さんの印象は、物凄い広がりがあるのにテーマが解りやすいというか、主題が見えやすい印象があるんです。

梶浦:それは凄い嬉しいですね、サウンドトラックというのは解りやすいのが第一命題だと思って作ってるので。まあこういうこと言うと商業音楽って言われちゃうのかな…決してそうじゃないと思ってるんですけど、サウンドトラックは”使いやすい”っていう前提条件が絶対だと思うんです。サウンドトラックは物語の空気感を作るものなので、悲しい曲は三秒で悲しいって思わせないといけないし。謎なら謎を三秒で、悲しみと不安を両方くれと言われたら三秒で悲しみと不安を感じさせることが必要なんです。サウンドトラックは自分のために作る曲ではないので、必要なのはいい曲じゃなくて使える曲。その上で作り手は劇中で使われる場面の感情をどう高めたらいいのかっていうのを、はっきり出すのが大事なんじゃないかと。

──なるほど。

梶浦:悲しみだとしても、”そこはかとない悲しみ”のシーンに物凄い悲しさを表現したらそれは違うじゃないですか。その場面のどういう役に立つか、この場面は見てる人のどういう気持ちを刺激したいのか?そういう部分をシナリオをきっちり読んで客観的に判斷して、そこに沿うものを作るっていうのが大事なんです。やっぱりサウンドトラックの曲というのはわかりやすさ、”いい曲かどうか”は三番目くらいかな?

──それは例えばアニメの主題歌などの歌ものを作る時とは感覚が違うんでしょうか?

梶浦:そうですね、やっぱり歌ものはいい曲だな、と思わせる度合いはサウンドトラックと比べたら全然高いですね。作品を強調する”顔”の部分なので。

──そんな梶浦さんの”サウンドトラック”から構成される次のライブですが、やはり『SAO』の世界観に沿うような構成になるのでしょうか?

梶浦:うーん、『SAO』のために作った曲なので勝手に作品の世界観は出てくると思うんですね。曲順なんかは聞いて面白い順番とか、音楽軸で作り変えていくと思いますよ。私のライブは面白い演出とか何もないんですよ、とにかく音楽しかやらない。驚かすこととか何もないし着替えもないし(笑)でもいい演奏でしっかり楽しんでもらいたいから、音楽を楽しんでもらうためにやる。

──『SAO』の楽曲を楽しんでもらう。

梶浦:そう、ただ『SAO』の音楽を楽しんで貰いたいっていうネタの少ない企画なんですよ(笑)

──最近のライブは演出やサプライズも多い中で、物凄くピュアですね。

梶浦:昔は女性四人出てくるので、着替えとかもやってたんですよ。でもそうするとアンコールで着替えの時間お客さんを4~5分待たせることになるじゃないですか。それが嫌で、それならもう一曲やろうよ、って話にね(笑)

──そこまで純粋に音楽だけを提供するのは珍しい気もします。

梶浦:私が聞きたいライブがそういうライブなんですよ。私着替えとかで待たされるのイラついちゃうんで(笑)人のライブは色々なやり方があるけど、私のライブくらいは私のやり方でいいかな、って。だからグッズも私がほしい物しか作らない、欲しいもの作ったから気に入った人買ってね、みたいな(笑)

──梶浦さんがいいと思うものだけやる、と。

梶浦:音楽もライブも自分がいいと思うものをやって、ダメって言われたら諦めるしか無いじゃないですか。根本的に私は好きなものしか作れないって割り切っていて、でも自分が好きなものしか作れないのは幅が狭まっちゃう。だから愛を持つしかないんですよね、とにかく関わる作品を好きになる。いい所をたくさん見つけてその作品を愛するんです。それが私の作品との取り組み方なんです。

──それは素敵な考え方だと思います、それだけ作品を愛してくれるというのはファンとしても嬉しいです。

梶浦:ライブっていうのは私にとってご褒美なんですよ。そんなにアルバム枚数出しているわけでもないし、ライブやることがプロモーションになるわけじゃないんです。ある意味本当に趣味。だから辞めようと思ったら辞められるし、事務所も赤字にならないならやらせてやろうという気持ちなんじゃないかな(笑)

──マネージャーさんが苦笑いしておりますが(笑)

梶浦:でも出来る限りお客さんと一緒に音楽を楽しみたいし、それに付き合ってくれるならやり続けたいですね。

──ある意味一番梶浦由記を感じられる場所なんでしょうか。

梶浦:うーん、そう言われるのもちょっと嫌なんです。

──えっ? なんででしょう?

梶浦:一生懸命音楽を作ってCDを作ってるんですけど、ライブの方がCDより良かったです!って、言われるとそれはそれでちょっと「なにくそっ!」な気持ちになるんです。ただのわがままなんですけどね(笑)

──あぁ、作曲家さんらしい意見ですねそれは!

梶浦:勿論来てくれる人の価値観だからどう受け止めてもらってもいいんですけどね。でも私が一番精密に作って、これが私の作品ですっていうものがCDなどの音源で。それを作るのが仕事、作曲家と名乗るからにはそれを一番きちっとやりたい。ライブはあれかな、この一年こんな曲作ったよ、どうぞ聞いてよ!って皆とお祭りをするようなものかな、そこでいい曲だね!って褒められたいんですよ!またこれもわがままだけど!(一同爆笑)

──そうですね、楽曲があって、ライブはお祭りっていうのは凄く腑に落ちるというか、納得できます。

梶浦:本当にお客さんに感謝してるんですよ、だってお金払ってきてくれてるんですよ!それで私が好きなことやって、良かった! 楽しかったって言われて、そんないい場所って無いなって、思いません?

──思います(笑)でも赤字になっちゃうと無くなっちゃう。

梶浦:そう! だから頑張らないと!(笑)本当に好き勝手には出来ない、来てくれる人に「何聞きたい? オッケーそれやろうか?」くらいの近い距離でやれたらな、って。お互い楽しめるのが最高じゃないですか!

──いつまでも有ると思うなYuki Kajiura LIVE、ですね。

梶浦:私、死後に私のライブとかするなって言ってるんです。

──追憶ライブとかですか?

梶浦:それあまり好きじゃなくて! 褒めてくれるなら生きてるうちに褒めてって思うんです。メッセージとか頂くのも生きているうちしか読めないんだから、今のうちに送って欲しいんですよ(笑)だからうちのライブは私の生きてる間しか無いから、来てね、って事で(一同爆笑)

──今のうちにメッセージを送って、ライブを見に行って、曲を聞いて、褒めてね、と。

梶浦:そうそう! それで!(笑)

インタビュー・文=加東岳史

Back