「Yuki Kajiura Live Vol.#13〜featuring SWORD ART ONLINE」 - 21, 26, 27 March 2016

These are the confirmed info for yk13. Two horns. That's a first.
◆◆Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#13~featuring SWORD ART ONLINE~
出演者決定!◆◆

梶浦由記:Piano・Keyboard

Musician:
Guitar:是永巧一、Drums:佐藤強一、Bass:高橋“Jr.”知治、
今野 均Strings/Violin:今野均、Violin:藤堂昌彦、Viola:生野正樹、cello:西方正輝
Flute:赤木りえ、Percussion:中島オバヲ、Manipulator:大平佳男、
Horn:岡本彬・丹羽裕樹
Vocal:Remi・KAORI・WAKANA・YURIKO KAIDA

Confirmed that Keiko is not performing for health reasons (mild bronchitis) and her attending physician (and probably the staff) decided that she should rest. She will however still be performing at Mexico, fjc live, spring acoustic and the tanimura lives.

So it seems they've known for some time (since it was decided in Jan that she skip yk13), implying that she has had bronchitis for a while. I do recall a friend witnessing her suppress a cough at xmas live. I hope she has a good rest. They've all been very busy the past year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh I have had bronchitis before, it's horrible. Hope she gets some rest, she deserves it after all the work she's done. Although Wakana needs it as well :omgz:. At least Hikaru presumably won't have too much to do with this live so she should be able to get some as well.

Hope she recovers soon.

Oh thanks Hatouchan!
So its the sing all overtures musicians with strings quartet instead of violin plus percussion, thats sweet! YK will play both piano and keyboard or they mean keyboard with piano functionality ?

Its weird how her bronchitis is affecting her health only when she sings as FJ and not when she's Kalafina lol is there some term in the contract that she should perform even when having lung diseases ?

Its weird how her bronchitis is affecting her health only when she sings as FJ and not when she's Kalafina lol is there some term in the contract that she should before even when having lung diseases ?
I doubt it was contractual. Those dates were announced way in advance and presumably tickets have been sold out. Keiko probably didn't want to have to cancel the concert and disappoint the fans who have bought the tickets and were looking forward to the live. Without Keiko, there would be no concert, and the live would have been cancelled. Kalafina is Hikaru, Keiko and Wakana. All members must be present for it to be "Kalafina".

This is a YK Live, meaning as long as Kajiura-san is present, they can proceed with the live.

It probably is affecting her ability to perform in Kalafina. She's got a larger part there though, especially with lapis and Yami no Uta on the set list.

The YK live has a whole bunch of other vocalists involved and half of it is likely instrumental.

^ But in that case health should be higher priority than Kalafina IMO.'

For a bronchitis to last this long (its 3 months from Xmass live until vol#13) it means its pretty percistent and from my experience (i used to have asthma and had bronchitis in the past too - in my case it was 1 month the longest-) i can tell she's suffering. Due to the nature of her job (singing) the disease might be druging this long because she doesnt take some days to rest her respiratory system. It would be much better to have one or two lives cancelled than misperforming in all the lives since she got ill hoping it might get healed in the long term with medicines.

Last edited:
For a bronchitis to last this long (its 3 months from Xmass live until vol#13) it means its pretty percistent and from my experience (i used to have asthma and had bronchitis in the past too - in my case it was 1 month the longest-) i can tell she's suffering. Due to the nature of her job (singing) the disease might be druging this long because she doesnt take some days to rest her respiratory system. It would be much better to have one or two lives cancelled than misperforming in all the lives since she got ill hoping it might get healed in the long term with medicines.

Who says it will last that long? When I had it it was a couple months.

Who says it will last that long? When I had it it was a couple months.

Hatouchan said so https://forum.canta-per-me.net/thre...e-21-26-27-march-2016.7056/page-4#post-282965

So it seems they've known for some time (since it was decided in Jan that she skip yk13), implying that she has had bronchitis for a while. I do recall a friend witnessing her suppress a cough at xmas live. I hope she has a good rest. They've all been very busy the past year.

Since she got to not attend YKvol#13 means that its expected that she will still be sick at that time.

That doesn't confirm it, it just means they've decided that she shouldn't perform for her own health. It's common to be advised to rest after suffering from something, it's likely to give her a recovery period.

why give the recovery period after suffering and not while still suffering ? The second sounds more logical to me.

I think they're just being cautious at this point. Who can tell how long her bronchitis will last? If she's not critical to the performance, let her rest. It's one less setlist to remember. You have to understand that she will have to study the entire setlist specially for these three lives. Letting her sit out of this one let's her have way less work load. Not to say that Kalafina songs don't take any effort any more. I'm sure they do, but having her study and remember 20 new songs they're only going to perform for these 3 lives? It's just not an absolutely necessary burden to place on her in her current state. Yk13 is something they can still plan around her being absent. The others, not so much.

why give the recovery period after suffering and not while still suffering ? The second sounds more logical to me.

Relapse. Even when you aren't showing symptoms any more, it's usually because your body has it under control, not necessarily because it's over entirely. If put under too much stress, either physical or mental, it can cause the body to lose control of it again before it's out of the system, thus perpetuating the process. Really, it would've been better for her to stop a while ago, but if it is indeed a 'mild' instance and it's not affecting her hugely (considering the amount of reports of her showing any signs of it, it doesn't appear to be) then she's probably safe to be performing as long as it doesn't get any worse, it'll just take more time to recover.

Of course, Keiko is probably rather adamant to perform in Mexico because it's such a huge thing for Kalafina, I suspect even if she was told not to, she'd do it anyway. The last few lives have also been the christmas lives, anniversary lives and the special finals, all of which are a pretty huge deal for them. If it was a regular tour date or a TV appearance or something then she'd be more willing to consider an absence/cancellation, but these particular performances aren't and I'm sure she herself has taken into consideration how important they are for her career and, more importantly, for her own personal reasons. I doubt she'd miss the anniversary lives unless she was practically unconscious, for example. Most of her interviews seem to indicate that she takes her work with Kalafina very seriously.

Considering the gap between the Mexico live and their next major live (which is April, if I'm not mistaken?) it seems a logical time to have some time off. Kajiura is the main focus of Vol. #13 after all, not Keiko. Kalafina requires Keiko to work, Kajiura's lives can make changes and alterations where necessary, be it via changing the setlist up a little (there's not exactly a shortage of tracks on the SAO OST) or if really necessary, using Kaori's talent instead. Hell if really needed I wouldn't be surprised if Hikaru covered some of her parts even if she's not billed as part of the main live.

^ And isn't Remi going to be at these lives (I actually can't recall)?

Whatever the case, someone can cover Keiko's parts. Yuriko and Kaori can sing lower if need be and yeah, if they really need to they could probably ask Hikaru (though, if Remi's there, they likely have all parts covered already). Also, Kajiura could probably sing some of the lower harmony too. Lots of options there. It's a good time to let Keiko rest. I would love for her to take more time earlier, but if I was in Kalafina and had an overseas live in the West that was the first not to be associated with an anime convention, I'd do everything to be there and not disappoint the fans. Wishing Keiko the best and a speedy recovery! :dote:

You have to understand that she will have to study the entire setlist specially for these three lives. Letting her sit out of this one let's her have way less work load. Not to say that Kalafina songs don't take any effort any more. I'm sure they do, but having her study and remember 20 new songs they're only going to perform for these 3 lives?

But then again, SAO has 8 songs with vocals, and some of them wouldn't even need Keiko.

She would still have to go to rehearsals, which counts a full work day. If she can actually take those days off along with the days of the live performances, it's a lot of time for her to recover.

Back