Yuki Kajiura LIVE in HOLLYWOOD featuring "SAO" Jan 14, 2017 [CANCELLED]

I'm a little late but I can announce that I am attending. I'm looking at $261 in total cost for the Plane ticket, concert ticket and one night stay at a hotel. This of course, doesn't include cost for food and transportation.
I'll be arriving the morning of the concert and leaving the day after.
Can we have a definitive list of who all (CPM) is going?

After lurking, it seems we have 9 members going(so far).
rsultan59
Kera
nimsaj
Liana
Yui Makino
Atlas Star
Nobelly
brody
(myself)

The ticket I'm buying for is at
Section PART C Row F Seat 5
$104.50 :blood:

I'm gonna buy my plane ticket and concert ticket at the same time...
PLANE TICKET PRICE KEEPS GOING UP :stupidtable:

I haven't bought my ticket yet (will probably do so this weekend), but I will most likely be attending! :) Looking forward to it! :dote:

EDIT: Does anyone have any idea what the setlist will be? I haven't heard much of the SAO soundtrack (I'm really just going since I live nearby and this is pretty much my only big chance to see the girls :love:), so I want to listen to which songs will most likely be played so I won't be completely unfamiliar with the music lol. I'm guessing it'll be identical to the vol 13 setlist, but I just wanted to ask to make sure. :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I think I found a place to stay(Around Oakwood).
Would any resident members explain how the metro works(paying and what not)?
I think I'm gonna go with a later fly back time on sunday cuz I ain't waking up at 5am to catch the bus/train for an hour ride to the airport.

I'm going too. I'm buying my ticket, and I don't know which section to choose. Generally speaking, what are the best seats to hear the music?

So I'm in Orchestra C row b seat 2-2, and I will be staying at the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel on Orchid Ave. It's right on the Hollywood hall of fame. Maybe we should post our pics, or are we going to do a meetup? Gahh! I can't believe it's less than 3 months away! (I'm listening to Fate right now, but I was watching the Sing all overtures earlier and I closed my eyes and imagined myself there already haha)

Something weird and completely crazy just crossed my mind on why keiko wasnt in vol#13 and wont be in hollywood.. maybe she quit FJ ? :swt: this came to my mind because if it was for the bronchitis she had, it has surely passed since then (she seems to perform just fine for Kalafina) so i see no reason of her not going to hollywood, considering she's the favourite vocalist of many of the fans.

Last edited:
Something weird and completely crazy just crossed my mind on why keiko isnt wasnt in vol#13 and wont be in hollywood.. maybe she quit FJ ? :swt: this came to my mind because if it was for the bronchitis she had, it has surely passed since then (she seems to perform just fine for Kalafina) so i see no reason of her now going to hollywood, considering she's the favourite vocalist of many of the fans.

God I hope not, Keiko is such a core part to many FJ songs. Plus in a Solo SPICE interview (thanks to Putschki for translating) Keiko said something along the lines of "My devotion is to bring across the Kaijura sound and emotion to Kaijura -san's music, We [Kalafina] are vessels to bring that sound across. (Full Keiko interview here)

There isn't much reason for her to feel differently about FJ.

EDIT: The words from the actual interview I was badly paraphrasing:
We [Kalafina] wanted everything to have that particular Kajiura sound, we thought we couldn’t do it if it wasn’t that kind of sound. Hence, this was the start of Kalafina for me. Being surrounded by the music created by Kajiura-san, that particular Kajiura sound seeped into our blood, we are conveying it to the audience from within our bodies with the help of our voice

Its not conspiracy, its hypothesis :XD:

I expected to see her because the only reason she wasnt in YK vol 13 was her illness, and thinking that it has healed by now i was expecting she would go to Holywood as she did in the Sing all Overtures concert. The only excuses i can think of are a) Kajiura thought, during the YK vol 13 rehearsals that the SAO vocal songs sound better without her (kinda impossible), b) She doesnt go so that Japanese fans dont get angry at Americans getting to hear Keiko but not them (most probable)

I feel so bad for KAORI. Like honestly, would we give this much of a crap if they said KAORI wouldn't be there?? Poor gal. :/

WAKANA is equally expendable, IMO. But at least WAKANA has the Kalafina fan-base.

I'm really happy that Kaori is coming. I really liked her parts with Sound Horizon.

I'd be upset if Kaori or Wakana weren't there. That is, if I gave the slightest care at all about SAO's OST. Or was even in the right continent.

Ι would be upset if any of the other girls were missing, I LOVE her dream scape and Hanamori no Oka songs as well as the ones she does with Sanhora, dreamscape was one of the musics that introduced me to Kajiura so it has a special place in my heart and that year i must have listened to it around 1000 times XD. All groups need to be complete to function right. And I still miss Maya from Kalafina, so many more possibilities with 1 more vocalist (M +W, M+K , M+H , M+W+K , M+W+H, M+W+K+H and of course solo) listening to sprinter normal or accoustic compared to the original, or the lives from SeventhHeaven DVD you can see what i mean.

Last edited:
If it were a normal YK Live, then no, KAORI and WAKANA are hardly expendable. But this is SAO-centric. Sigh. What are the odds Kajiura is going to throw in some classic FJ songs? Hint hint "maybe tomorrow", "Sweet Song"... Sigh..

What are the odds Kajiura is going to throw in some classic FJ songs? Hint hint "maybe tomorrow", "Sweet Song"...
I would say pretty slim. I remember reading somewhere that the concert is going to be an exact copy of the Japanese concerts sans Keiko and some instrumentalists

Back