• Try finishing the summer birthday project and send it as christmass present

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make a whole new present.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the landscape picture, each participant should submit one picture only or is there a max limit for the amount of pics submitted?

Also, is there a rule for the pic pixel sizes? Or we can submit any size/as is and then the editor will resize the images?

:confu:

Re:

crystalpink said:
About the landscape picture, each participant should submit one picture only or is there a max limit for the amount of pics submitted?

still not decided, I guess it will depend on how many countries we have pictures for, how many members will participate, and how many participants each country has.

crystalpink said:
Also, is there a rule for the pic pixel sizes? Or we can submit any size/as is and then the editor will resize the images?

I think it best to send them as they are so that we can be more free on how they will be featured in the book.

george1234 said:
No but how can it become interactive? AFAIK that's not possible with MS word, but maybe its with Powerpoint type of programs?

Yes, we can use any powerpoint type programs for that and we can save it as a PDF file. Even in PDF format the links from page to page is still active. I've tried it before in my computer and it worked fine but I'm not sure if publishing it in the internet will give a different result. :uh..: (I'll try it later after I get home)

mashimomenu said:
I have had a little experience designing layouts with Adobe InDesign (school newspaper).

Correct me if I'm wrong, Adobe InDesign is also capable of making an interactive book? :confu:

HIS MASK said:
BTW tabete.mio said that she wants to help with the coverart too..what do we do ;_;?

kowz said:
One of you could make artwork for the cover of the book, while the other could make something for the title page.

Great idea! :stars: HIS MASK can do the cover art while I do the title page. :innocent:

Re:

Hmm I thought we were doing a real book, like the one given to Kalafina at Anime Boston? :confu:
If it's a cyberbook then I guess I wont have to worry about the size of the photos yay :sohappy:

tabete.mio said:
kowz said:
One of you could make artwork for the cover of the book, while the other could make something for the title page.

Great idea! :stars: HIS MASK can do the cover art while I do the title page. :innocent:
Agreed desu :dote: ..I had been worrying because a collab drawing would be more time-consuming than two people drawing separate drawings :...:

Aaaaand...
Phantomus said:
Nick Hunter said:
or even draw Yuki and the other german boy kissing around the rasberry bushes
aaaaaand we'll be next in line for a punch. :ohoho:

Yuki will do it with pleasure :voodoo: :XD:
WHAT..!?! ROFL :XD: :XD:
First I need to read the lyrics for 'door'; I haven't taken a look at the lyrics yet. But I think I like the Yuki-opening-a-door-for-a-boy idea; it would be easier, I think, to draw than my camera-and-pen-with-vocals ideaand I guess that idea has just been rejected

Re:

tabete.mio said:
mashimomenu said:
I have had a little experience designing layouts with Adobe InDesign (school newspaper).

Correct me if I'm wrong, Adobe InDesign is also capable of making an interactive book? :confu:

I looked it up quickly on Google and this does seem to be the case. Unfortunately, I haven't actually done anything interactive with InDesign, only layouts. :uh..: ...I'm sure I could learn it, though.

@george: Scribd.com is able to publish the PDF with the links working but Issuu.com, the one used for last year's gift, cant. Though, Issuu.com has its own way to add links but is less presentable because of the outlines used to mark those links.

Looks like the interactive book is possible. But its still for everyone to decide. :innocent:

mashimomenu said:
I looked it up quickly on Google and this does seem to be the case. Unfortunately, I haven't actually done anything interactive with InDesign, only layouts. ...I'm sure I could learn it, though.

The layouts is perfect for the book. :XD:

The interactive book is still a proposal so there is still a chance that we won't be doing it. You dont need to learn it yet. :)

I'm getting excited for this gift :shy:

I better start doing the title page before I get too busy :sohappy:

Participating from Hong Kong, China.

I'll be contributing landscape photos and as mentioned earlier, I can also help with layouts and the map.

Okay so for now we have

25 participants from 19 countries that can provide photos for 7 more countries.

Since the countries are 19 +7=26 we need to have a minimum pages number for every country into the book, lets say 3 pages back and forth + 1 (half) page for the poem, so that makes 91 pages (78 without the poem pages).

I think we should set a participation deadline

So, there will be something about every country in that countrys section?

So, to whom we send pics when we gather them? George, Varete?
And when will be the deadline?

what do you mean by "something"?

1 has sent me already photos but even if you send them to me, I cna easily upload and sned them to whoever helps.

my email is here http://canta-per-me.net/contact-and-credits/

The arrangement I was thinking was:

- coverart
- Message from Kera/editors.
- contents & tabete's drawing
- Map
- countries photos (counties are best to be categorized by continent)
- at the end of every country (or every 2), 1 poem.

Sry, for asking again for the deadline, I missed the previous page :desksweat:

Well, thats what Im asking! :XD: Will there be something and what something that should be? x)

Re: Re:

george1234 said:
crystalpink said:

still not decided, I guess it will depend on how many countries we have pictures for, how many members will participate, and how many participants each country has.

crystalpink said:

I think it best to send them as they are so that we can be more free on how they will be featured in the book.
Oh, I see.
Thankies ^-^

Re:

george1234 said:
:@_@: ^We are not a philosophical forum :XD:
lol George :XD:
Did you intend to make us write something about each country, like som info. And how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back