Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

You can make a new thread if you want to with the apporiate title, and I will move the posts there. Me and Kera had said to not do a project this year, but if there are people that will go to AnimeExpo 2012 and give the present to Yuki and the girls, then it could be done. :ayashii:

About the other discussion, I think since our site contributes in spreading the love about Yuki & Co. abroad Japan (Americas, Europe, S.E Asia etc) and so more and more people buy her works, I think it kinda pays off the piracy thing and that's why we havent got any official warning so far :XD:

Re: Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2010 [Happy B-day Yuki-sam

tsubasa said:
our problem is we are not even FJC members :blood:

It is difficult to join FJC from outside Japan, but not impossible.

it's not like Kajiura believes we do not make use of piracy, she's not dumb or silly lol

As the bitter irony has it, Yuki might be owing much of her worldwide popularity to internet piracy... rather than to either of her recording labels. :uh..: :uh..: :uh..:

Will I live to see the day when they start promoting and distributing her music around the globe properly? And will Yuki herself live to see it? :leaf:
and if their possible belief that Kalafina or FJ won't compete with the likes of Pussycat Dolls is actually true, then count me as losing my belief in humanity. :imdead:

About the other discussion, I think since our site contributes in spreading the love about Yuki & Co. abroad Japan (Americas, Europe, S.E Asia etc) and so more and more people buy her works

:touched:

^ I agree..I think she can't even control piracy since most of her published works may not be available in some countries, so fans just go and download those stuffs on the internet.

Schweeeeeet.............. :plot:

I'm still not sure what I can do to help (since most of my skills are rather esoteric).

I don't mind doing coordination and collaboration, though. :psst:

Just continue to fire your ideas away and discuss! :sparkleguy:

Re:

KP-X said:
I'll clarify this since it seems people misunderstood me. I didn't suggest Sing a Song as a way to tell Kajiura that we deserve the same things as her official fanclub, but rather as a way to tell that all of us like her just the same, regardless of nation, mother language or anything. However, I do understand that since it is exclusive, it could be misunderstood in that sense. Although, frankly, it's not like Kajiura believes we do not make use of piracy, she's not dumb or silly lol

This.

No words could possibly tell how I more and more KP-X's posts by now.

Re: Kajiura Yuki B-day 2012 Project

I do like the record idea, what would we need to contribute if that gets the vote? And we should put together some songs that we could sing and decide on one. I think symphonia tv size would be nice. :dote:

May I resurrect the map idea?

But It would be nicer if it were a open project to let people who sign it not be a registered members so there is more people around

Or maybe take it as a anonymous part of the page and program it so that everybody could go and click on it more an less when they live on a map. (maybe with an email confirmation for bots) and present it next year.

If anyone would like to take on the great task of producing a map (maybe in quilt format? XD Anyone has the time?) and give it to her at anime expo it would be great! There are so many overseas events this year and I do hope one of these groups will be working on something together ^^

As for the idea of doing a song cover, I recommend to not do "sing a song" due to the exclusiveness of both the single and the score (even FJC members were limited to how many they were allowed to buy) and we all know how sensitive the Japanese community can be about things like this ^^; it might be better to do an older song (as suggested, even TV sized that everyone knows is released to everyone) or have someone write a new song :D Even if we say that Yuki doesn't care, or that we don't care about what they think, I think if there are alternatives to keep it more peaceful we should put those as higher priority. We can save it for maybe 10 years in the future when this single is way out of print and then no one can complain ^^;

In total, I think we should put our effort into one project, rather than multiple. This is so that we save up ideas for future birthdays, and also to demonstrate solidarity and ensure the maximum effort goes into the one work.

Other ideas in the past
- online live drawing session (e.g. via paintchat) event, then save the image and present it
- collage of a specific category of objects (e.g. everyone's headphones)

^Maybe for the collage part we could take a picture of some of our favorite Yuki albums or goods that we have, and that could be our tribute. Just one suggestion.

i would be happy to help to make anything that i could help
:bow:

Re:

Seconded on the "one project" part. We're just bouncing ideas collectively for now. And then deciding on one later... :sparkleguy:

Kerahna said:
- collage of a specific category of objects (e.g. everyone's headphones)

Liana_Ilia said:
^Maybe for the collage part we could take a picture of some of our favorite Yuki albums or goods that we have, and that could be our tribute. Just one suggestion.

:ayashii:

I get very wary when I see this suggestion....in lieu of what happened last year.... :psst:

a Fan map via Google Map is possible though :XD:

anyways... if someone would give yuki...maybe we can compile our works into a CD/DVD disc?

Ooh like a cd of fan covers and fan arts that people did over the past year or two! That would be good to give in person :D much more coherent that an online list of links

Any anime expo goers to for this? :XD:

Liana_Ilia said:
What happened last year?

Check these 2 links
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2593&hilit=
http://canta-per-me.net/2011/08/happy-b ... kajiura-4/

^ We made this one, but, for some reason Yuki either didnt saw it at all or she was bored to reply/methion it in her twitter/blog (like she used to do all the previous times), so we dont know if she liked it or not :S so that's one of the main reason we have said with Kerahna that she might had been used to the fact that we give her presents, and we should make it every-2-years, or something.

Back