Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

im agree with george about silent moon
and...silent moon is a beautiful song :touched:

Expanding on Tsuba's earlier "timeline of old album art" suggestion...

How about a special "vinyl album"?

I'm thinking of finding an old vinyl record, cutting out the middle bit and replacing that with a DVD/CD/BD of *either* interactive content (such as digitised picture/video greetings, etc) or simply just a simple "linear" one (like the DVD/BD extras you get in a Kala single).

Also, the "album" insert can be used as a more traditional paper-based printout of the content which, again, can be anything from member-submitted greetings to poems.

Where the "Timeline" fits

The "timeline" can be incorporated into either contents of the "album" (i.e. digitised or printed out, as the backbone of the insert).

Content Delivery: Nitty-gritty

The interactive content could either be a HTML5 embedded webpage or an Adobe file.

The actual record itself does not need to be anything playable! (It's just there for "show") :psst:

I'm not sure if it would be worthwhile cutting up an actual YK single or album if it exists, though. It might also send the wrong message either way (unless a blank one can be found) :XD:

Although one thing's for sure, I specifically chose a vinyl record because CD ones are too common these days and really too small to be useful.

Vinyl albums are just about right in terms of handling and visibility. It doesn't have to be too thick too. And is compact enough to be shipped/carried anywhere in the world.

Since vinyl is making a resurgence amongst the pros, we might as well ride on this wave too.... :psst:

Thoughts? :ayashii:

^ where would you even find a blank one? :confu:
:plot: or if we can't find a blank one maybe a Beatles record since she likes the Beatles? :ayashii:

EDIT: nevermind, it wouldn't matter what music is has on it because the centre will be cut out :desksweat:

Exactly... :plot:

Beatles would be excellent too, though. Except...it's going to be VEEEERYY expensive and heart-wrenching to cut one up since they are valued highly these days!

As for the "cut out from the centre" bit, she *may* be still able to retrieve whatever's been used to make the record, actually (using studio equipment)! :XD:

Record blanks are definitely available....you just need to know where to look :psst:

a new project :stars:

i am willing to help like last year's birthday project. :innocent:

but the title of the thread is yuki's birthday project 2010 :XD:

we need a 2012 one :XD:

Re: Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2010 [Happy B-day Yuki-sam

I would like to do "sing a song" songs but then...since its a closed FJC exclusive better not to give her that :knife:

also, maybe book-shelf like and the book would be titled "The story tellers"

:plot:

Re:

Special_K said:
Exactly... :plot:

Beatles would be excellent too, though. Except...it's going to be VEEEERYY expensive and heart-wrenching to cut one up since they are valued highly these days!

As for the "cut out from the centre" bit, she *may* be still able to retrieve whatever's been used to make the record, actually (using studio equipment)! :XD:
:uh..: it would be very heart-wrenching.... I know I could never part with mine :shy:
But what if someone had a record that had so many scratches and warping it was painful to listen to?
Maybe blank would be best :XD:

tsubasa said:
I would like to do "sing a song" songs but then...since its a closed FJC exclusive better not to give her that :knife:

The thought I had in mind was that it'd be interesting to cover it for this reason, in fact. As in, we're fans just the same as the ones from FJC.

not that.... better respect why she didn't released it on general public...plus she might obviously suspect us that we are pirates that we got able to get the FJC-exclusive song :uh..:

KP-X said:
tsubasa said:

The thought I had in mind was that it'd be interesting to cover it for this reason, in fact. As in, we're fans just the same as the ones from FJC.
I think that covering Sing a song is a good idea. But Tsuba has a point too :omg:

our problem is we are not even FJC members :blood:

The vinyl-stylized CD is an interesting idea. I think it'd be a memorable present. :ayashii:

^ Eh, didn't she say she doesn't really care about that?

When? :confu:

Even if she does and understands our predicament about not being able to get the song officially, it still wouldn't be too nice waving the fact of us having this song around. Part of it being exclusive probably defined it as a sort of special present for the FJC members, and it might be viewed as less special if it's too widespread. Especially if we had to upload the cover somewhere like Everlasting Song.
I know that some could righteously say, "Easy for YOU to talk now that you can listen to the single yourself", but so be it. :XD: I'm eternally thankful for the ability to hear this, but maybe we shouldn't be too boastful about such things, for fear of really messing up with Yuki's intentions of making that release special (after all, is she guilty for JVC lifting less than half a toe to spread her popularity worldwide and promote international clubship? :uh..: )

I'll clarify this since it seems people misunderstood me. I didn't suggest Sing a Song as a way to tell Kajiura that we deserve the same things as her official fanclub, but rather as a way to tell that all of us like her just the same, regardless of nation, mother language or anything. However, I do understand that since it is exclusive, it could be misunderstood in that sense. Although, frankly, it's not like Kajiura believes we do not make use of piracy, she's not dumb or silly lol

problem is 0.1% of us only got the single Officially :blood:

anything is allowed except those 2 songs...

I can't promise what I can contribute but I'll do my best to support the project, I hope I can join you guy's 'coz I really want to.

Back