Yuki Kajiura 2nd Solo Album - FICTION Ⅱ

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
Lotus is definitely not by Fion. I think it's Hanae. Nevertheless it's great :sohappy:
And I swear is not as bad as it sounded at first...

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Lotus is definitely not by Fion. I think it's Hanae. Nevertheless it's great :sohappy:
And I swear is not as bad as it sounded at first...

Actually I was just going to change my opinion, since I just listened to it in the show...I think it's Hanae, with Fion in the chorus. I'm almost sure I heard Kajiura-sensei's voice, since she has that recognizable...sort of quaver to it. I'm probably wrong, but... :ayashii:

Re: Re:

ninetales said:
I'm almost sure I heard Kajiura-sensei's voice, since she has that recognizable...sort of quaver to it. I'm probably wrong, but... :ayashii:
i was as sure about Fion singing the yehehe in Magia... :uh..:

So was I. Bushido is the path of a samurai, Ukatsu is the path of a CPMer :desksweat: :XD: :XD:
But after listening to Lotus I fail to doubt it being Hanae. Not sure about the chorus...
Btw, any guesses on the chorus in I Swear? :ayashii: I'm curious about it (and about the main vocal, too... how come Yuki doesn't announce them? :wai: )

Wait a minute, Fion doesn't sing chorus in Magia?! I KNOW that's Kajiura-sensei's voice! :omg:

Now I'm not sure about any of it :desksweat:

About I Swear, I pretty much have no clue. I actually didn't even notice the chorus when I listened to episode 1...I do wish the main vocalists would be announced before the release, though!

Re:

Kowz said:
I thought it was Fion too.

How disappointing that it wasn't... :uh..:

Anyway, I finally listened to episode 2. Still had a terrible time understanding Kajiura-sensei, but I know she didn't read my letter yet :rain:

I really wish that My Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep was sung by someone else, though. It's a lovely song, and I just can't take Emily Bindiger singing it :desksweat: Kajiura-sensei pronounced the title wonderfully, though!

L.A.... *melts* :sohappy:

I like Lotus. The Inca Rose-style bass doesn't really fit it too much, but it sounds nice anyway. I love the electronic effects just before the strings start. The end sounds like Utsukushisa, but in a very good way. And if that's not Fion in the chorus... :knife:

Coincidentally, I am going to do a full vocal cover of Maybe Tomorrow when it comes out. My voice isn't that great, but I can't stand to leave such a beautiful song in Emily Curtis' hands :...:

Re:

Kowz said:
It's Wakana and Yuriko. I thought it was Fion too.

Wakana, Yuriko and Keiko actually. There were 3 layers of voice on that yehehe part if you noticed it :XD:

ninetales said:
I really wish that My Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep was sung by someone else, though. It's a lovely song, and I just can't take Emily Bindiger singing it :desksweat: Kajiura-sensei pronounced the title wonderfully, though!

I am just fine with Emily Bindiger singing it, her voice fits it imo :dote: . And if you think of it, even if Yuki is planning to allow someone else sing it, she had to release the original first.

george1234 said:
I am just fine with Emily Bindiger singing it, her voice fits it imo :dote: . And if you think of it, even if Yuki is planning to allow someone else sing it, she had to release the original first.

True. I keep forgetting that it hadn't been released before! :desksweat: :plot:

Coincidentally, is there anything new about Maybe Tomorrow? I just listened to the original on Youtube, and it sounds exactly the same as the one in episodes 1 and 2 of the radio show :confu:

^it has also electric guitar no? But the biggest difference would be the absence of the ending medley (never understood why it's called ending medley, though).

Doesn't medley mean some kind f prolonged, really extended version with interlacing themes? The original fit this term just fine (they 'robably needed to stretch it at the length of ending credits) :XD:

Oh, you didn't understand. It is a medley, but I never understood the word ending here. First of all, this medley doesn't play at the credits at all (they only play a part of Hepatica 3) and some of the songs that were in the medley weren't in the ending of the game either.

oh wow i didn't notice that they didn't use ending medley at the end :XD: xenosaga's music placement is weird >_> Mitsuda wrote a track specifically titled "Game Over" for the first game and it wasn't even used as a game over theme (they used one of shion's themes instead)

Hmmm...I'm wols...but "Maybe Tomorrow" sounds very fancover-friendly to me.

I know for certain that there is a certain someone here who would be VERY suitable for this job. (Not saying who...for now.) :plot: :knife:

Back