Υour CD collection! XD

^ Both were just luck, mostly. The minute I saw the Best Red shirt on Suruga-ya, I ordered it immediately, hoping it was only recently added and no one got it yet. The Magia tour t-shirt came up while I was searching the rakuten auction site for other stuff. They're both larges.

Ohh, Rakuten. I don't usually check on there because I find it's a goddamn awkward place to look for anything. I don't know how I never noticed the Red shirt on Surugu-ya though, they usually leave things up on their site for days even after someone's ordered something so I don't know how I never even noticed it existed. The only time I wasn't checking was when I was in Japan but that was a month ago.

Good to see someone here got them though. Are you planning on wearing them? I've only ever seen people wearing Kalafina shirts in three places; Japan Expo on the days Kalafina were there, where the only people other than CPM members and one other guy with Kalafina shirts were wearing the ones they were selling at the venue, the Osaka live I attended and when I look in a mirror. It makes me kinda sad that even at conventions I've never seen anyone else unless Kalafina themselves were there.

@Seasonreaper Rakuten is the place I check the least; it doesn't usually have interesting items (the search I was doing prior to finding the shirt yielded nothing), so I was really surprised that shirt was on there, let alone brand new.
Looking back, I'm pretty sure the Best Red shirt was only put up recently because I didn't see it when I went to bed the night before, but I saw it when I had to get up very early the next morning. In fact, a lot of new stuff was put up that day. I remember seeing the pocket watch and the member produced goods from both KnGnN and live 2014 tours for the first time then too. I was actually surprised Suruga-ya took the shirt down the next day after the purchase. I had thought someone else had gotten it.

I do plan on wearing them on and off. I just don't want to wear them out too much. I hope to at least get another Kala shirt someday that is a different color.

That is strange, they usually take forever. I did notice the watch going up so it must've been quick. Nicely done :goodjob:.

Yeah, wearing it out is an issue with any shirt sadly. Luckily most Kalafina shirts are pretty well made and as such wear and tear it is generally minor even after regular use. Aside from my Red Moon shirt and my Consolation Special Final shirt (which are also the two I've had the longest) there's not much visible on any of the ones I have. If they're like the Red Moon one (which is actually thinner and smaller than practically any other I have, the only ones similar are my black and white Magia shirts and my Progressive+ shirt) they'll deteriorate over time but still remain wearable and still look nice even after hundreds of days of wearing them.

I don't know exactly how much I've worn my Red Moon shirt but I've had it for nearly as long as I've been a Kalafina fan and up until mid last year it was the only one I had so it got worn a LOT. The print is sadly full of cracks and it's starting to wear off on the back entirely, plus it's not exactly white any more :comeback:. The actual shirt is still intact though, there's no sign of holes or tears or fraying or anything. In my mind, if a thinner shirt can last this long with this much use on a regular basis, the collection I have should easily last me another 20 years or so at least :ohoho:.

@Seasonreaper I always have my printed t-shirts inside-out for washing to minimise damage to the print.

I do too these days, but I didn't until a couple of years ago. I do wonder whether that'll mean the rest of my shirts will last me my entire life if I continue doing that. I hope so. I do have some non-Kala shirts still that I've had for around a decade and those are still in pretty good shape despite not inverting them until recently. I just hope one day I can get a replacement for my RM shirt as I love that thing (it's probably still one of my favourite shirts alongside the KnGnN Special Live, Hanataba and Best Blue shirts I have) but it's not going to be easy.

That is strange, they usually take forever. I did notice the watch going up so it must've been quick. Nicely done :goodjob:.

Thanks! I can't wait to wear them. :dote:Though, I probably will wear the Magia a bit one less, since if it's the same as your Magia shirts, it'll probably deteriorate faster, but still be wearable. We'll see how it goes. I just wanna have them forever! :XD:

Hah, I do hope these last forever but I know they won't. Sad thing is, getting replacements is often just as hard if not worse than finding one in the first place. Of all the shirts I've bought, only a handful have ever come up again since and half of those have been in smaller sizes.

I'm just waiting on Surugu-ya right now as they put up a whole bunch of new items a couple days ago which I instantly bought. I'm kinda worried as I haven't heard from my proxy service yet but Surugu-ya has taken them down already, so I don't know if I've got them or not. I'm wondering whether they take things down a lot quicker if it's a newly added item to their stock, maybe because they keep things aside when they get new stuff in just in case it sells immediately?

As for the Magia shirts, they're just a bit thinner than the others. As I said with the Red Moon one, I think the only reason it's gotten to such a state is due to heavy wear over three years, if you mix it up with other shirts and don't wear it every week or so it'll probably last a lot longer. I've had it nearly five years now, and five years is a long time.

Re/oblivious finally arrived today! :love: Thing is, I guess the reason why I didn't have any competition is that it doesn't have obi. This marks the second item I've bought without one :wai: (first item was the Red Moon album)

My RM doesn't have an obi either, in fact I don't know if I still have the obis for any of my albums for some reason. I do have them for all my singles, the 5th Anni Live and re/oblivious though.

It's those little cardboard bits that go round the spines of CDs. Makes them look nicer from the side since you can display the title and other info without half the space being taken up with plastic.

Newer obi's can fit inside the CD cases, but older ones like for my older See-Saw albums are the height of the outside of the CD case so you need to keep them on the outside and have another plastic sleeve over the whole CD case and obi.

Sad thing is, getting replacements is often just as hard if not worse than finding one in the first place.

if you mix it up with other shirts and don't wear it every week or so it'll probably last a lot longer. I've had it nearly five years now, and five years is a long time.

Yeah, that's just it. Likewise, the odds I'll see the shirts I got for sale again aren't that high, especially the older stuff, which is why I'm so worried about keeping these in good condition. Though, from what you describe I think, barring anything unusual, they'll last a while. I do have other shirts and such to switch it up with and I'd probably wear it sparingly for now anyway due to the cold weather and my nibbling puppy.

Wow this is a late reply

OK so most of my stuff arrived. I still have my spacecraft order of Al Fine and Mirai designs shirts and a couple postcard files (finally), the Consolation Special Commemoration Set from Amazon.jp and a copy of the Making Of After Eden Special Live 2011 pamphlet on the way, plus something else rather neat that I'll keep secret until I post it, only hint is it's not official merch, nor is it a bootleg or anything. But as for now, what I got from Surugu-ya and something festive.

LpdTaL0.jpg

That's the 2013 Christmas Live Set (new) and 7 preowned shirts I got off Surugu-ya, all for pretty cheap. The Consolation ones were only 700 yen each, in fact. There is some minor damage to the print on the Otodama Sea Studio design (part of the E in Sea has worn off) but otherwise they're all in perfect condition. As far as I can tell the Otodama shirt is also pretty goddamn rare so I'm lucky to even have it.

fDxAAcO.jpg

Front of these five shirts, with the Christmas Live one at the top, the green and black variant Consolation Tour shirts and Staff Replica variants of the To the Beginning and After Eden Live Tour shirts. As with the Kagayaku Sora no Shijimaniwa staff replica design I got a while ago, the replica variants for the After Eden Live Tour and To the Beginning designs exclusively use metallic purple/blue print. The Kalafina logo and the gold snowflakes on the Christmas Live shirt are also metallic.

OW0D52s.jpg

Back of the five above. Mostly just dates. The Christmas Live shirt has the Kalafina with Strings logo thing on it, I didn't even know it had a print on the back until I got it so that's a bonus. Consolation shirts have the full tour dates including the Special Final listed. The To the Beginning one has a design which honestly would also work for a front design, which is odd since most Kalafina back designs are pretty simplistic and small. One thing I really like about the After Eden Live Tour staff replica variants is that they have these large back designs which look really nice in my opinion. The regular variants of the After Eden shirts have a much smaller print on the bottom corner like a lot of Kalafina shirts and also lack the official logo entirely. I kinda wish I'd gotten both of those when I had the chance, but at least I have a shirt from that particular tour now.

3LacDi9.jpg

Front of the other three shirts, the Kimi no Gin no Niwa Special Live design which I actually prefer to the Kalafina Box variant I already have, although I'd have preferred to get the blue variant rather than black, but I can't be picky. Otodama Sea Studio design in the top corner, and the staff replica design for the After Eden Special Live. As far as I can tell, the After Eden Special Live never had a regular designed shirt, so the only ones that exist for that particular event are the staff replica design seen here. As with the other staff replica designs I have, the print here is metallic. That is literally all that's on the front of the shirt though, so if you're wearing a hoodie or a coat or something then nobody would even know that it's a Kalafina shirt unless they happened to recognize that particular design.

D9PYuf3.jpg

Back of those three. Simple Kalafina logo for the Kimi no Gin no Niwa design, same as the Kalafina Box variant. The Otodama Sea Studio design has a pretty cool little logo thing for the Otodama Sea Studio 10th Anniversary. The After Eden Special Live shirt has a somewhat similar design to the After Eden Live Tour back design, with a pretty big print and the Kalafina logo alongside information for the event.

E6E59D7.jpg

Bonus image: My pile of Kalafina shirts. There's still more to come :ohoho:.

There is some minor damage to the print on the Otodama Sea Studio design (part of the E in Sea has worn off) but otherwise they're all in perfect condition. As far as I can tell the Otodama shirt is also pretty goddamn rare so I'm lucky to even have it.

Great collection, I noticed that your Otodama Sea Studio t-shirt said 2014 - there didn't appear to be any merchandise at the 2013.8.26 Otodama Sea Studio Live (I only have an "Otodama Sea Studio 13" wrist band as a souvenir of it).

Well as far as the merch listing here on CPM goes, the only Otodama Sea Studio lives that have Kala shirts are 2014 and 2011?

Talking of which, I think the only events I don't have shirts from at all now are Red Day, 2011 Otodama, 7th Anni Live, their first live in Hong Kong, the original Progressive tour and the initial Premium Live/Storia lives which share a design. There's also the Kalafina Cafe and Kalafina Record shirts but those weren't lives.

Of course, this doesn't cover variant designs or venue-specific variants like the Consolation Tour or Magia/Kagayaku lives which had different ones for each different venue, but in those cases I do at least have one variant to represent them. Sadly this includes the Door and Moonfesta designs which I absolutely adore and cannot find anywhere.

Back