Which Yuki vocalist do you like the most?

Re:

wintersviolet said:
It's impossible for me to compare them all together. :XD: So:

FJ/Kalafina vocalists:
Maya >>>>>> Kaori > Wakana >> Hikaru > Yuriko >>>> Keiko > Yuuka >> Asuka

English vocalists:
Margaret Dorn = Deb Lyons > Emily Bindiger > Johann Sara Jr. > Clara Kennedy >>> Emily Curtis

Older vocalists: Haven't listened to enough to rank them all definitively. I know I don't like Eri Itou's voice, and I like what I've heard of Hanae Tomaru's so far.

how could you not like Eri? :cry: :omg:

^ I don't really like her either. I don't mind if other people do, but her voice is not really my cup of tea :spotlight:

I think it's a good idea to do what wintersviolet did, so here we go...

FJ/Kalafina:
1. Keiko
2. Hikaru
3. Wakana
4. Yuriko
5. Kaori
6. Maya (didn't hear enough to really judge!)
7. Yuuka
8. Asuka

English:
1. Deb Lyons
2. Margaret Dorn
3. Clara Kennedy
4. Johan Sara Jr.
5. Emily Bindiger
6. Emily Curtis

OST/chorus:
1. Fion
2. Hanae Tomaru
3. Tokyo Konsei (does that count?)
4. Yuri Kasahara
5. Eri Ito

Re:

I don't mind Eri's voice when it's filtered and edited, but after hearing her real voice in live vol. 2 I decided I didn't like it. :XD:

And I KNEW I forgot something. NO, Fion, I missed you! :comeback:

i'm not mad coz you don't like Eri.it's each person's preference after all

:omg: i soooo love Fion

My favorite is Wakana. I gotta say something though. Does anyone else think that Wakana used to sing better? Not just live, but also recorded.

Still with Keiko forever, but nowadays Yuuka,Yuriko,and Hikaru really grow on me, so it would be like this:

FJ/Kalafina:
1.Keiko
2.Kaori and Yuriko (just watching live version of canta per me and really love it!)
3.Wakana and Hikaru
4.Yuuka
in my old chart,there's no Yuriko,Hikaru and Yuuka so I added them now.

English vocalist:
1.Clara Kennedy (I Swear is just great)
2.Emily Bindiger (in some songs, like MLFCS)

and then there was none.

Wakana is #1 for me. Her voice has a quality that is very ear pleasing. Next is Keiko, love love love her voice too. I like Hikaru's voice, but sometimes it is a little grating on the ears when she uses the nasally tone.

Re:

Kowz said:
My favorite is Wakana. I gotta say something though. Does anyone else think that Wakana used to sing better? Not just live, but also recorded.

Yes. But I also feel like the rest of the FJ/Kala singers have as well, except for Yuriko, Yuuka, and Hikaru.

Kowz said:
i think she's just as good as she was before, it's more like she's better now due to more live performances and recorded songs.she sharpened her skills

hmm Wakana seems to sound better in recordings now

there was a phase about last year or the year before where I DID notice that Waka sang a bit worse, but from the more recent lives I think shes back on track

I DID have a kinda feeling that Wakana was following the "Looks are inversely proportional to how well u sing) trend (seeing as she got so much prettier now back from her pre kalafina days, or maybe it was just coz i didnt like her short hair =P)

^ But I like her short-medium hair :glower: *pokes pokes pokes*

I think Wakana has improved a lot compared to the older recordings (oh my God if you watch her in that live with bonbonblanco :XD: )

but then again, everyone is improving, too. Even Keiko has improved her English pronunciation for song :XD:

My favourite list will be like this.... :dote:
1. Keiko
2. Wakana
3. Yuriko,Kaori
4. Hikaru,Yuuka
All of them have nice angels voice,but I like Keiko style more...Keiko singing can touch my heart the most,followed by Wakana...Yuriko,opera singing style earn my highest respect !!! Kaori powerful singing voice like a bomb of music in my head...I think all of them have their own speciality...

I'm gonna update my list too

General:
1. Yuri Kasahara, Yuriko Kaida and Hanae Tomaru on the same level
2. Kaori Nishina (too bad she did so few songs :cry: )
3. Eri Ito
4. Tokyo Konsei

Other FJ/Kalafina:
1. Yuuka
2. Fion
3. Kaori
4. Keiko
5. Wakana
6. Hikaru
7. Maya (I ranked her 7th because I haven't heard much of her voice :uh..: )
8. Asuka

English vocalists:
1. Emily Bindiger
2. Deb Lyons
3. Margaret Dorn
4. Johan Sara Jr
5. Clara Cennedy
6. Emily Curtis

I hope I didn't forget anyone :ohoho:

For me, my list would be like this :
1. Keiko. Okay,sometimes I am like another Keiko's fanatic fans that wants to hear her as main/lead vocal in more songs, but now I realize, for Kalafina's songs, I prefer songs where Keiko sings as harmonizer to the other girls (except for tetotetometome, which I love for its addictive strings) because of Keiko's harmonization is the one that made the songs sounds extremely beautiful. After all, songs with lots of Keiko seems to have less harmony because Wakana and Hikaru just simply can't harmonize well. In case of FJ, because there are Kaori who can hit lower notes than Keiko in some songs and Yuriko which can harmonize by singing higher than Keiko and still sounded really good because Yuriko's falsetto is the smoothest one, unlike Wakana's falsetto that sometimes just sounds really annoying, I love to hear Keiko as main vocal more in FJ. After all, FJ live performance quality is >>>>>>>>>>>> than Kalafina. Not to mention Keiko can sounds powerful (like in Houseki,synchronicity), intimidating (like in Yami no Uta), sexy (tetotetometome,in your eyes,Magnolia and others), and soothing (Kaze no Machi e,Nohara,hitorigoto) that her voice is just awesome :D
2. Yuriko Kaida. She is just love for me. The one that sounds stable in most songs, after all her choral works and Kajiuran for most songs is just awesome.
3. Kaori. I love Kaori because her voice is just beautiful and smooth and she can hit low notes and high notes and still sounds really good.
4. Wakana. For most songs as lead vocal or main vocal, Wakana is simply awesome.
5. Yuuka. Although her voice isn't really my type, but I still love her because Kajiura's works quality in Yuuka's songs are great :D

I'm not really into English vocalists because FJ's version sounds better than their. But I really love the one who sing I Swear, Clara Kennedy. I have to admit that I love alto-singer than sopranos :D because most of woman vocalist I love have alto voice :D

I don't know that many vocalists, but since other people are making lists...

1. Keiko
2. Hikaru
3. Yuuka
4. Wakana
5. Kaori Oda
6. Yuriko Kaida

But I love all of their voices.

Let's see, this is tough. The list varies by song, but I think I can make an overall list.

FJ/Kalafina:
1. Keiko
2. Yuriko Kaida
3. Kaori
4. Wakana
5. Fion
6. Yuuka
7. Maya (from what little we've heard of her)
8. Hikaru
9. Asuka (I haven't heard her yet)

General:
1. Eri Ito (and Yuriko Kaida)
2. Hanae Tomaru
3. Yuri Kasahara

I have not really heard much of the others, nor do I follow the English vocalists.

Mine

FJ/Kalafina
1. Kaori
2. Hikaru
3. Yuriko Kaida
4. Yuuka
5. Wakana
6. Keiko

General:
1. Yuriko Kaida
2. Hanae Tomaru and Eri Ito (+ Tokyo Konsei)
3. Kaori Nishina (though I kinda like her vocals in Yuuka Nanri's songs)
4. Kasahara

English:
1. Deb Lyons only.

:knife:

FJ/Kalafina
1. Keiko
2. Wakana
3. Hikaru
4. Kaori
5. Yuriko Kaida
6. Yuuka

:uh..: uwah i'm bloody confused, damn, i can't choose one of em :omg:
but if i must:
my favorites are from kalafina of course (their Harmony is heavenly!)
1. Keiko (Her low voice is irreplaceable, the greatest alto i've ever heard, made goosebumps whenever she sings solo, raise the emotion in every song)
2. Wakana (Her high voice is jaw-dropping yes, her falsetto is really angelic)
3. Hikaru (unique, yet sweet and high-class voice), but i like the others too of course

Back