Which Yuki vocalist do you like the most?

I don't think we will have Live vol.7 in the near future. Kajiura said that herself, no ?? :glasses:

Now I only hope Live vol 6 will have DVD :shy:
I heard Joelle singing. She's quite good, but I dont think her voice fits Yuki-sama songs....
Just my guess though...

woot 1st post

hm i am biased coz i got into kalafina first, so even after listening to FJ i'd say my favourite vocalists are Wakana and Keiko (tied for 1st)

all the other FJ vocalists (+hikaru) are still fantastic though. I've listened to a lot of live performances and maybe i missed out on all teh good ones but all of teh FJ/Kalafina vocalists would be at least among the best singers in japan, maybe even the world
(im counting out opera singers for obvious reasons as they are too good, sad to say, but kalafina/FJ is not as good as the wrinkly mum of one of the people in my school
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Sanders
yes she has a wikipedia page D=)

for the vocals,
Keiko really does have a unique voice which is probably the core of FJ/Kalafina (she sings quite a bit in almost every song). Definitely the most unique and interesting voice
Wakana's vocal range may not be as big as the other singers, but theres a quality and power to her voice which makes her voice the most attractive imo. Her voice may not be as bright as hikaru or kaori or the others but i think she is the most suitable to be the "main" if you know what i mean.
She's also the best technical singer imo, with the most "control". Plus on a totally superficial level she is probably the second best looking FJ/Kalafina singer after keiko :shy:

Re:

Kerahna said:
welcome to the forum, pikachu :XD: or wei!! Which would you like to be called? :shy:

pikachu, if theres another pika put wei at the end

coincidentally this is my username for everything on the internet so one day if u see a pikachuwei in an online game or another forum boards ull know its me~

on topic though

i think hikaru has great potential to be the top along wakana, as long as she ditches that nasal tone =_=. I mean in the tracks where she sings normally, (progressive, red moon, kyrie, etc) she kicks major ass. I can see why shes sorta the "lead" in Kalafina nowadays, personally i like wakana's voice better but Hikaru has a... brighter tone
She could improve her technique a bit more, but its already incredible how much progress she has made. In early lives she was kinda a teamdrag but nowadays she rocks just as much as the other two

hm it seems like i just contradicted my earlier post :XD:

And what do you think about Yuriko, Pika? You haven't mentioned her at all :ayashii:

My fave vocalist is definitely Keiko. Her voice is, for me, the most unique out of all of Kajiura-sensei's singers...such a deep, rich tone is just amazing, and I love listening to it! And plus, she's adorable :shy:

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
And what do you think about Yuriko, Pika? You haven't mentioned her at all :ayashii:

i havent heard that much of her singing so at first i was going to refrain from commenting

but then i heard Materialise. Dammit she and wakana are good enough to be opera singers. Imagine if they had proper training. :nosebleed:

but still i cant tell the difference between the two in teh song, its too high pitched :XD:

anyone mind giving me a detailed description (times etc) of when who sings?

Re: Re:

pikachuwei said:
but then i heard Materialise. Dammit she and wakana are good enough to be opera singers. Imagine if they had proper training. :nosebleed:

Yuriko was graduated from music college, wasn't she? :ayashii:

but if they had proper opera training they'd kick even more ass.

Re: Re:

pikachuwei said:
Alphard Sokaina said:

i havent heard that much of her singing so at first i was going to refrain from commenting

but still i cant tell the difference between the two in teh song, its too high pitched :XD:

anyone mind giving me a detailed description (times etc) of when who sings?
beginning & ending = YURIKO
main = WAKANA
you can easily separate them by their vibrato in MATERIALISE

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
I thought most of Yuki's singers are well trained Vocalists :ayashii:

I.... honestly don't think so. Apart from Yuriko, Wakana and Hikaru, I suppose.

How about Keiko? she went through vocal and dancing school right? :confu:

If i'm not mistaken, i read that somewhere in an interview..

No idea. Keiko has more experience performing live than Wakana and Hikaru for sure.

If I had not mistaken, Keiko did not go to musical school. She started with group performances, then go on singing. Nevertheless, she is one excellent singer (And especially there arent much female singers so dedicated to low vocal range like she does)

Back