"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

i saw the cover long back and thought there is no text so had a bit of editing to look more like more an cover for the soundtrack

Attachments

• vaniats-ost.jpg
    vaniats-ost.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 148
No text soundtrack covers are quite common these days .

Kimetsu has no texts, SAO P and Fena had only small one, Heaven's Feel had no text (even though not standalone

The qobuz/ototoy/mora cover with logo is the actual cover for the CD release too. Both on the ?first press? box and the booklet.

Fena's a bit different. It has a full length obi with the logo version of the cover image and tracklisting in the back, but the actual booklet and back of the case are clean images of the Fena cover and Yukimaru respectively.

I was going to order this from CD Japan but they said it had sold out.

I then ordered the amazon.co.jp special which is with my travel agent in Tokyo:

IMG_7594.jpg

I don't think CDJapan ever had an external bonus.

After getting SAO Progressive's clearfile, I really don't think I care for any external bonuses. They are so impractical to me.

My 3/5 iTunes ratings
  • the legend of the blue eyes: Good choice for entering the soundtrack. Good arrangement, not too powerful not too soporific.
  • a happy moment: Comfy. Sounds like taken straight from Yuru Camp, everything from accordion, flute, guitar... but so especially 1:00. Kajiura please make a comfy / relaxing anime!
  • Is this love?: Great!! Love this violin.
  • now our story begins: Nice choir! Sampled brass but still makes it cool. A good theme of departure ~
  • le chasseur: Kajiura managed to avoid another cacophony here. But without Hanae's vocals, the strings would make me cringe.
  • the alteration device: MB + Organ, but the melody is so random it can't reach a "Davy Jones" level. Not even as threatening as "Girei".
  • why did you kill our father?: I like full Kajiurago tracks, but this one is missing emotion. Where's da solo-violin?? No "preparation" or "vise-versa"...
My 4/5 iTunes ratings
  • the destiny waltz: Love it because twisted. From acoustic and "light-hearted" accordion to string fes, then epic choirs, then back to the lighter part... totally fits the storytelling.
  • inverse operation: Good title :p ! Ofc I'm sold at Choirs + Vocal tracks. And this is how I like flute: intriguing and as a bridge, not thrown into the front line. I agree that this heartbeat at the end is interesting.
  • the crimson gauntlet: I just can't wait for the live version, Konno will steal the show. Plz let it be longer (like "she has to overcome...")
  • he met her and she met him: So happy that this track that we heard the first time during only 5 seconds is actually 3:28 long! fk the title
  • romantic battle: Came for this track! Thinking of Lalaland. So much groove ^^ Rie on crack but ok. 5/5 if it had a Kajiurago segment in it.
  • if you want to save her: didn't expect this! Mad accordion and Hanae drifting away from the vocal cover clichee in the 2nd part. Good last hype track. fk the title
Overall I still prefer Fena's OST over this, because it tends to be more orchestral while this one doesn't even pretend to be.
This being said, despite being more into orchestral and hybrid music, I'm also very fond of this kind of music with world influences. Some tracks like "in the city of flowers" seem super accurate for Paris and the french setting (except "Paris, the city of light" which sounds Arabian *cough* *cough*). Kajiura did a great job of archivist here. This soundtrack is coherent in itself, with the show and is a demonstration of versatility if you compare to her other works. I'm just a little bit disappointed that there's nothing tear-jerking here.​

+-
2h03 !10 min of useless SFX tracks that kill the mood
World influences (waltz, classical, gipsy...)Not orchestral
With Fena, best soundtrack in a long whileNot as good as Pandora Hearts
Own identityNo song (OP/ED/IS)
Sampled instruments (organ, brass, even harp!)

I think synth harp was more "disappointing" on Fena, because of how much there was of it there (or at least in my head it seems like way more than here). But I'm far more forgiving of synth harp (and other plucked instruments) than brass or other instruments capable of sustained notes.

Edit:
By the way, wasn't Heaven's Feel 3 the only live harp we got?

Last edited:
]
Overall I still prefer Fena's OST over this, because it tends to be more orchestral while this one doesn't even pretend to be.
This being said, despite being more into orchestral and hybrid music, I'm also very fond of this kind of music with world influences. Some tracks like "in the city of flowers" seem super accurate for Paris and the french setting (except "Paris, the city of light" which sounds Arabian *cough* *cough*). Kajiura did a great job of archivist here. This soundtrack is coherent in itself, with the show and is a demonstration of versatility if you compare to her other works. I'm just a little bit disappointed that there's nothing tear-jerking here.​

+-
2h03 !10 min of useless SFX tracks that kill the mood
World influences (waltz, classical, gipsy...)Not orchestral
With Fena, best soundtrack in a long whileNot as good as Pandora Hearts
Own identityNo song (OP/ED/IS)
Sampled instruments (organ, brass, even harp!)

I like this ost because its more like her old soundtracks (pre knk) rather than the new (post knk) there is less strings and more actual band and use of keyboard or solo violin / cello.

Me too im sad that the alteratiom device wasnt at least 90% organ even if synched. What matters isnt if there is actual instrument used but if the respective track makes good use of it.

imagine they are streaming Hokuto no Ken unreleased soundtrack like they did KnK and they add those stupid sfx….

I would spam their physical mailbox to no end

I'd rather it stay unreleased if I had to suffer through that stream quality again. Not sorry.

Back