"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

So that circus bgm played again at the beginning of S2 ep 11 and there were some bgm play with instrument mutings here and there between 9 and 11, grunty are you still watching ?

I'm skipping through it. I really couldn't care less for the Noe x Vanitas melodrama.
Going by the ending of this episode I presume their relationship will FINALLY progress (but I already thought that would happen with the bell tower scene of episode 6 and that went nowhere) and the manga's story will also go into new territory (whenever that might be looking at the time between chapters).
Episode 23 covered chapter 53 completely. 2 (or 3 with the one they released this week) chapters remaining for the last episode. They really completely caught up to the manga with this cour.

As for music, they've been muting layers of BGMs from the start and it's nothing surprising. Only the merry go round track is not on the OST.

BTW, I've been listening to the OST again the last couple of days and I gotta repeat myself - we blessed, lol.

Last edited:
oh yea i've been going back and forth between fena and vanitas osts :p

@grunty have you warmed up to if you want to save her yet? I still haven't warmed up to fang of the queen :(

It's alright but still a bit of a mess and my least favorite out of all the action or vocal tracks. ;)

Iunno. I'm not sure what it is.
I think it's the long ass deep reverb (particularly on the bass or eguitar, like you can hear @2:30 and ending) in which it feels like everything's drowning and getting louder as it overlaps. I'm not sure if it's that but to me the track sounds a mess.

Whereas a fang of the Queen is clean af. ;)

hmm i will check again later but I think Hanae is also very clean in terms of sound in a fang of the queen but to me the notes (Kajiura's doing) don't harmonize well. =dunnoface=

definitely there is an extra drum in section in "if you want to save her" & also strings only sections from inverse operation.

bromance timeee. I did cringe a bit when the kid cried. also why not just tell everything. drama sigh.
there wasn't any alt edits in this episode I think.

Its a good thing that it didnt have some anime original ending, so if the 2nd cour BDs sell well we might get an S2 :)

Back