The Yuki Kajiura Anime & Game Music Guide

So unfortunately I've not touched Hokuto no Ken in 2 months so the Bluray audio re-do of that is still far from done.

Here's some random stuff for completionists or anyone interested: OP/ED short versions never released on CD and some other released tracks.
I know .hack//Liminality 2-3 short size OPs are missing but AFAIK those never had lossless audio and are crossfaded with the episode audio. Tough luck.

All the files have a heavy ReplayGain setting (so they peak at -0.1dB) as they are very quiet on their sources. If they are all super quiet to you, that's probably your player not applying ReplayGain.
"cpm"
Code:
!55QyyBhD
!bBi2wXKw6595f0Gph9q-tamJJ0n2h59GIk2s5rzhEbo
Yuki Kajiuraclosing the case (#00 ver.)[The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II]
ASCAHibari (TV size)[The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II]
Yuki Kajiurastarting the case: Rail Zeppelin[The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II]
SayuriSore wa Chiisana Hikari no you na (TV size)[Boku dake ga Inai Machi]
Yuki Kajiuraonly I am missing (alt. ending ver.)[Boku dake ga Inai Machi]
Yuki Kajiuraon the counterattack[Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld]
Kaori HikitaEgao no Wake (TV size)[Shonen Onmyouji]
Yui Makinosynchronicity (short size)[Tsubasa TOKYO REVELATIONS]
FictionJunction YUUKAKioku no Mori (short size)[Tsubasa Shunraiki]
Yuki KajiuraChiisana Inori (CD1 ver.)[Fantasy Sound & Reading: The Velveteen Rabbit]
El Melloi; BDrip with FLAC, technically hi-rez, 24bit
OP&ED pretty heavily compressed; OP from non-credit OP; ED from one of the episodes (non-credit ED cut out early and also was slightly lower volume); ED#00 from episode#00;

ERASED; BDrip with FLAC, technically hi-rez, 24bit
ED from non-credit ED - RIDICULOUSLY compressed in this and in episodes I checked (in addition to being crossfaded with episode audio), this is the only one that does not have max ReplayGain set as it was already obnoxiously packed; only I am missing (alt. ending ver.) from the BD menu;

SAO WoU; BD source PCM, technically hi-rez, 24bit
on the counterattack - same version as on OST1 but less compressed, from the menu; (Alicization sadly had an incomplete "find your sword in this land")

Shonen Onmyouji; DVDrip with FLAC
From an episode.

Tsubasa; American BD source Dolby TrueHD; fake 24bit stripped to 16bit
So these are the most tricky I guess. The Blu-ray does come with standalone Non-credit OP/ED videos but they are cut out from the first episodes of each OAD, audio included and that is an issue for several reasons. For synchronicity - it is mixed/mastered differently in every episode; I was thinking about including all 3 versions but then the 3rd one was crossfaded with episode audio and the first feels like it skips at one point in the chorus (Re:non-credit) so I only included the version from episode 2. Kioku no Mori is sadly crossfaded with episode audio both times - episode 1 was easier to cut out so I went with that one; it also has a prominent buzz/hum in addition to some noise, I tried making a filtered version but it felt too destructive so I just left it as is.

Velveteen Rabbit
Just in case you didn't keep all of the first disc from the release. Also has noise that is present on the original release.

Edit: I guess there's also short versions of Lacrimosa and Distance, I'll have them up soon.
Edit:
Kinda turned into a Lacrimosa & GSEED Remaster pack.
A note: (I've not checked every episode but) AFAIK the GundamED songs start during actual episodes so I used the non-credit versions. Unlike the episode versions though, the non-credit versions never start at the actual beginning so... Yea... For the curious collectors.
Lacrimosa comes from the BD rather than single DVD edition.
Code:
!h8Y3SSJB
!DhLyvIamqKg7cb5J_4lzQcV3NKQoA31b8zg2ZK6UqpE

Last edited:
Sorry for the spam, I replaced Lacrimosa tvsize with the BD version from some encode rather than the DVD single. It has a few more miliseconds at the start, which I thought was more important.

If you already got the curiosities2 pack (no rev) here's just the new Lacrimosa:
Code:
!I4InFSrA
!IBQXbK8YFEcBmlwwENaBrtt8g0wh4p8POqFObPzVCaE
If you're getting the rev archive from the post above, this Lacrimosa is already there.
Same pass.

An unreleased track with Wakana on vocal? Nothing after Yuria-den was ever released.

From what I remember her vocals were in the center channel with dialogue and just about every sound effect so it's not even that much different in my re-rip of the unreleased stuff that I stil haven't finished from blu-rays.

It's not featured anywhere outside the movie on French and Italian blurays that I own. I don't have the Japanese blurays or dvds for Hokuto so maybe they included a cleaner version of it somewhere there.

If you want to try the old dvd rip for Hokuto, it's still there.

I'll try to finish the bluray re-rips by the end of September. We'll see how that goes...
There's a few tracks which should have less SFX but this Wakana one isn't really one of them. This movie had a lot of raw music in the center channel, together with dialogue and SFX.

Last edited:
List above updated

WHOEVER FINDS THE MISSING TRACKS

(bagpipe track (kazado meant the church organ track i already found & the off-vocal Reveal)

GETS A COOKIE!!!

Here are the rips:

View attachment 1884

SPOILER WARNING for all tracks (ranging ep 1-25), because the filters didnt really worked.
I also have no-filter version for all tracks for whoever knows a better methode to remove dialogues
The offer above is still running!
Enjoy!

2009 Pandora Hearts
Hello, would you please reupload the instrumental version of Pandora Hearts Preparation? Thank you very much

Hello, where can I find the instrumental version of Pandora Hearts Preparation? Thank you very much

L.A. instrumentals are not included here. They are weird in the show - I'm pretty sure they just cut around the vocal parts in all appearances but one (and while it has the parts that normally have vocals, it doesn't have guitar riffs or synth that are present in the full track; not that I could make it listenable for these rips).
I think a lot in this.
I didn't get the point for what you didn't include the episode 13 version. I know there aren't any vocals/guitar, but what's wrong with that?
Please, @grunty clear this old issue for me xd

I can't believe I spent 3+ hours listening to this plucking... Just because it's you @Azokad...

Uploading an edit of episode 13/16/22. It's heavily, heavily... HEAVILY normalized (certainly far from perfect, but surely better than leaving the volume fluctuations as is) and there's still dialogue/breathing in some two places...

These days you can get an instrumental (or vocals only) using AI tools like this https://www.lalal.ai/ even though the sample is only 1 minute :) (just cut the whole with Audacity)

I can't believe I spent 3+ hours listening to this plucking... Just because it's you @Azokad...

Uploading an edit of episode 13/16/22. It's heavily, heavily... HEAVILY normalized (certainly far from perfect, but surely better than leaving the volume fluctuations as is) and there's still dialogue/breathing in some two places...
You re one dedicated and loving dude even though you re grumpy sometimes :) (or should i say tsundere ?)

Last edited:
^ Yes its just convenient for me when I cant hear some track's lyrics well, since im not an audio editing enthusiast like you.

Kay, added to the original post. @Azokad
I also changed one mistake LA appearance in the text guide to inca rose.

I'm going to be walking to this plucking sound in my head for days now...

oh dear, that plucking got stuck in my head since 2007...

So, at first I thought you never included it because it seems that they looped the first 1 minute of the song. But now I can confirm that it was because it wasn't a perfect sound... Ok, it could be worst... I hear those murmur/breathing but it's insignificant.
Honestly, it's worth it to me. Collection is complete now (I won't watch El Cazador again because this could be a lie)

A big thank you @grunty

It's been so long that I don't remember why but I can guess that
1) I did not realize they played most of this version in two episodes (as I had mentioned only one before);
2) I just could not be arsed to listen to this synth plucking for long periods of time back when I was working on the whole rip;

I like L.A., but if anyone's seriously enjoying this obnoxiousness on its own, outside of it being a curiosity, you need help. :p

Back