The ridiculously random postings thread!

At Narita airport, saw a truck that had painted on it "JAL Royal Catering" - never saw the term "Royal" for the Chrysanthemum throne except perhaps for the emperor's family.

Listening to Madoromi wo Koete by Kaori and the verses sound similar to the Haruna Luna song that she did with Yuki. Just a little I think anyways.

This toilet paper is plagiarizing off of the Kalafina song....
EhFnRQ5.jpg

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201707150026.html

K-1 fighter uses ring skill to save man’s life after fiery road crash

NARUTO, Tokushima Prefecture--A K-1 mixed martial arts fighter used a skill he normally reserves for the ring in a dramatic life-saving encounter on the road.

Kosuke Komiyama, 30, and a friend were driving through Naruto around 12:05 p.m. on July 12 when they encountered the aftermath of a collision between a truck and passenger car.

Flames shot up about two meters from the front hood of the car.

A passer-by was trying to pull the 25-year-old driver from the vehicle. Komiyama and his friend found the driver's leg was trapped between the steering wheel and the seat. They opened a back door and the three of them shook the passenger seat to create sufficient elbow room for the driver to escape.

At the same time, the 51-year-old driver of the truck began shouting, "Help! Get me out! Get me out!"

Komiyama shouted back in alarm, "Get out now."

However, both doors would not open, even as flames were almost licking the driver's seat.

Komiyama told the driver to move away from the passenger side door.

Then, using only his right elbow, Komiyama smashed the passenger side window. Shards of glass scattered over the seat. The truck driver managed to climb out through the window.

Minutes later, the two vehicles were engulfed in flames to a height of 10 meters. A fire truck and ambulance arrived and the fire was eventually extinguished.

According to officers of the Naruto Police Station, the car driver suffered a broken leg, while the truck driver had chest injuries.

Komiyama was rushed to a hospital, where doctors removed shards of glass that had lodged in his arm.

"It was a close call," Komiyama said of the incident. "I was able to take advantage of all that I learned in mixed martial arts. I am very happy to have been of help to others."

Apparently the choruses of stone cold, believe, and One Light are not only all in the same key (Fm), but also have the same chord progression (i-VI-VII-III) (Fm-Db-Eb-Ab).

Huh.

Some time ago (weeks to months ago), we wanted to dispose of two old and broken mattresses, so we brought them outside my parents' building and informed the municipality to come and pick them up. So far so good. They took a while to show up, and in the meantime we noticed that one of the two mattresses had gone missing. We thought "someone found it useful, good for them" and shrugged.

Today, as I was walking out with my brother, the upstairs neighbour (they don't live here, they just shortly drop by once in a long while) saw us and asked "Excuse me, is this mattress yours?"

... Someone apparently brought it upstairs and left it outside their door. It's even one single apartment per floor, so it can't have been a next-door neighbour. It was also neither from our family nor from theirs.

:confu::confu::confu:

Now we have to bring it downstairs again and inform the municipality again, but that's not the problem - what if it transports itself outside their apartment again? I thought of putting up a sign "the municipality has been informed to dispose of it, please do not move it". My brother trollishly suggested to write "for sale, 50€" and wait for it to be stolen.

Related:

nothing-really-mattress.jpg

I wish Yuki would release instrumentals of all vocal songs, and without backing vocals as well! It would be so cool, especially songs like nostalgia by Yuuka and Kalafina ones like Red Moon. Uuuuugh. I can only dream. She must have them stored in her master catalog of songs. lol I can just imagine Yuki snickering over how she has them and we don't. I mean, I know that's not true... we can have them, if we know how. But I do not, sadly. I barely know how to edit a ringtone. lol I want to see her catalog though... it must be miles long.

I wish Yuki would release instrumentals of all vocal songs, and without backing vocals as well! It would be so cool, especially songs like nostalgia by Yuuka and Kalafina ones like Red Moon.
Red Moon instrumental would be so awesome :comeback:

For now the best we can do is find a live of the song, and apply the "vocal remover" tool in a program like Audacity, but it's still not perfect as you can still hear them echoing, and any vocals played from the speaker are still fully audible :/. At least it's better than nothing

^If you're wanting to do the thing that I mentioned, here are some instructions once it's downloaded & installed (they're quite simple, though maybe not 100% correct because I'm out of town and having to pull it from memory)

1. Go to File > Import > Import MP3.
2. Pick the song file you're wanting to put in the program
3. Once it's loaded, go to Effects > Vocal Remover (near the bottom of the list)
4. Press OK on the window that comes up, ignore anything else in the window
5. Once it has applied the effect, enjoy :)
Hope this helps :)

Apparently Sawano Hiroyuki's putting out another [nzk] album on September 20, hoping for some good Aimer, Gemie, and/or Mica songs

One of my friends asked me what I was studying, and I didn't manage to get beyond, "At this point, I'm analysing OTP" that she immediately interrupted me and started gushing enthusiastically, "Ohhhh they're allowing you to talk about your fictional One True Pairing? I thought you weren't into shipping!! This is super cool! So tell me, which one is your favorite couple, and for which series, and why?"
And I was just staring at her numbly before managing to explain, "Uh, no, by OTP I meant 'One Time Pad', the concept in cryptography that encrypts a message by using a code key only once." My friend, extremely disappointed, just shook her head and replied, "The stuff you study is so weird."

Yesterday there must have been a glitch in the Matrix.

First I found footprints on the wall at about 2m from the floor. Yes, human footprints. We have a small storage space above the bathroom, and my fiancé tried climbing in using a ladder, then (while already being half inside) he kicked against the wall to get inside more easily. We didn't notice it at the time, so yesterday I just saw some footprints pretty much under the ceiling, as if someone had walked up the wall.

Then I went to the super market. The automatic doors wouldn't open for me, but they did open for the girls behind me. I asked them if they can see me to make sure I hadn't turned into a ghost or something. I bought one single item, went to pay, and it just wouldn't scan. Right. The glitch in the Matrix would just explain everything!

Just realized that Kugatsu and Gloria's endings are very similar. The piano part. And probably throughout too. I'd have to listen to both, but I was trying to figure out which one to put before the other, but they are pretty similar. lol I like both songs, just a realization.

Back