The ridiculously random postings thread!

I love FotW, but I agree it was more like Wakana's solo work =( I adore her voice but God, Keiko is too unique and gorgeous, she deserves more love. And would be a great chance to give Wakana some rest, with so many songs being the main voice and so many tours, sounds a bit tired at some points =(
Also, as oppossed to Wa-chan, she can do EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter if the hardest rock song or the saddest, slowest ballad, Keiko does it perfecly :love:

Into the water: none
Monochrome: none
Gogatsu no Mahou: none
Ring your bell: 5.2 sec
Usumurasaki: 58.0 sec
Identify: 1 min 26.4 sec
Hokage: 1.5 sec
One Light: 4.5 sec
Musunde Hiraku: 39.8 sec
Heavenly Blue: 3.3 sec
Sorairo: 6.7 sec
Believe: 9.8 sec
Far on the water: 18.3 sec

That adds up to: 3 minutes 54 seconds, or 7% of the album's total length.

Wow, that's...depressing.
No wonder Usumuraski is one of my favorites on the album xD

Well I just went through the entire Far on the water album and timed the amount that Keiko got lead (whether main or countermelody) cause I got bored. Here's what I got:

Into the water: none
Monochrome: none
Gogatsu no Mahou: none
Ring your bell: 5.2 sec
Usumurasaki: 58.0 sec
Identify: 1 min 26.4 sec
Hokage: 1.5 sec
One Light: 4.5 sec
Musunde Hiraku: 39.8 sec
Heavenly Blue: 3.3 sec
Sorairo: 6.7 sec
Believe: 9.8 sec
Far on the water: 18.3 sec

That adds up to: 3 minutes 54 seconds, or 7% of the album's total length.

To compare, Alleluia had 2 min 33 sec, Ongaku 2 min 8 sec, and Te to Te 2 min 16 sec.

Kajiura why don't you use Keiko that much :cry:

That's a very interesting project you have started. Although where, may I ask, did KEIKO get lead/counter melody in hokage? are you referrimg to the part where they sing "oto wo"?

I also want to add that the calculation of 7% is based on the entire album, including instrumental bits where none of the girls sing. For more accurate representation, you can base the percentage on:

[(length of time KEIKO is lead)/(total length of time of LEAD VOCALS)] x 100%

That's a very interesting project you have started. Although where, may I ask, did KEIKO get lead/counter melody in hokage? are you referrimg to the part where they sing "oto wo"?
Yes, that is what I counted because the listener's attention would be turned to Keiko for that.

I also want to add that the calculation of 7% is based on the entire album, including instrumental bits where none of the girls sing. For more accurate representation, you can base the percentage on:

[(length of time KEIKO is lead)/(total length of time of LEAD VOCALS)] x 100%
I would do that but it would take a while and I don't feel like listening through the album again :XD:. You are correct that would be the correct formula, though. Would Kajiuriago be counted as lead vocals?

https://twitter.com/Zeroblade/status/819981254590283777

this works in the euphonium, american, and philippine contexts.

C2EoicuVEAEXPiw.jpg

^Video was deleted =(

Anyway, for some reason, whenever I listen to History Maker I feel like start dancing the choreography on the opening. Sometimes I cannot even control myself and start moving my arms without noticing :omgz:

^Video was deleted =(

Anyway, for some reason, whenever I listen to History Maker I feel like start dancing the choreography on the opening. Sometimes I cannot even control myself and start moving my arms without noticing :omgz:

goddamit why the fuk would they delete a 2009 video? They should be happy about the free advertisement. thank god I downloaded it before muahahaha

the noir ost is a damn MASTERPIECE AHHH LOVE IT ESPECIALLY THE PIANO, GUITAIR AND ACCORDIAN TRACKS

Reactions: aki
^I feel that way about Madlax, and Tsubasa especially, with only a hand full of tracks I don't like very much.

Sorry for double... but doesn't the singer in Saints from Madlax sound like Wakana? Or is it Hanae? I can't distinguish between the two in this song. I know Yuki "Fion" sings in it but she is not the main vocal. Someone know?

I recently found out that I'm slightly allergic to mushrooms. Usually it's fine, but there are cases when my body flat out refuses to swallow any more mushrooms. It became a bit worse during mushroom season last year, when I ate a bit too many, and then became unable to eat mushrooms for a few months. Now it's better again.

So I thought it would be a good idea to learn the kanji for mushrooms (I'd usually spell / see it in katakana). jisho.org gave me three options so I had to ask a friend.

He said that the most commonly used kanji is 茸, which consists of a grass (the upper part of 草) and an ear (耳). Let that sink in for a few seconds.

However, he also said that they usually use the name of the specific mushroom, either in kanji or in hiragana/katakana. So basically, anything which contains 茸 in a compound word, or ends in -take, is something I wouldn't like my meal to contain.

When I listened to Nohara last night, after awhile of not hearing it, I was blown away. I imagined being in a theater, like the Chicago theater, from a balcony seat, watching the light shine on Keiko first. She is wearing a dark green velvet dress and has black long gloves and a gold necklace that shines in the light. Yuki is playing the piano. Then when the others are brought in, Kaori has a dark red velvet dress, that has no sleeves for some reason... and white gloves. Wakana has a dark but soft blue dress that flows into the floor. She has black gloves also but they are short. Yuriko has a dark purple velvet dress, which is short and has long sleeves, going all the way to her hands. Yuki is in a sparkling gold dress (which I thought weird for her, since she never wears dresses) but it seemed to be velet also. I just remember that first light on Keiko, and it made me tear up. Oh, her hair was down and curly like the woman in the bar from Tsubasa. It was just so magical I had to share it somewhere. I wish it had been true though. lol

Reactions: aki
Back