The ridiculously random postings thread!

I'm super excited for an assignment (even though I say things like this quite often because I try to enjoy all of my subjects I don't think I've ever been this excited!!)

For music class we've begun to study soundtrack scores thus we have been given the assignment of composing a song for a condensed version of this disney short.

Everyone sounded so scared but I'm just so pumped. Perhaps I'll do something Kaijura inspired and use some vocals I'll have to look into more Kajiurago songs to analyse and be inspired by, I don't remember many.

Honestly I was kinda bored in class my teacher was going through Sibelius very slowly, being acquainted with MuseScore I knew almost all of the basic functions. Plus by the time the bell went no one really had any time to start looking at instrument timbre. Not to mention in classic fashion the second I got the task sheet I already had an idea of what I wanted to go for (Kaijura inspired of course.)

Of course if I want to include vocals (which I 100% do) I'll probably have to record them myself and add them into a WAV file with audacity, because the vocals sounds for these programs sound like Gregorain chanting, not even in the good way, in the barf-water way where it sounds bad. I don't mind for the extra challenge (not that I'm even good at composing anyway.)

The teacher was all "You can't do any of this for homework" but my excitement won't let that happen plus we only have 5 weeks and if this will be anything like my dabbling in composing it will go through so many iterations.

Thank god MuseScore has an Export to XML function :knife:

I've also been composing a little recently, though it's just for my own free time XD. I can definitely tell in the small sample I've completed there's influence from both Kajiura and my more recent obsession, Evanescence. I hope I'll get around to composing more, but since my computer is in the basement and my keyboard upstairs in my room it's not the easiest trying to get a song onto paper once I've come up with something. I have synthesia on my computer as sort of a digital piano on there but it's not that great for figuring out melodies. I would use my phone but I can't find any good notation apps (anyone know any good android music notation apps?).

I've also been composing a little recently, though it's just for my own free time XD. I can definitely tell in the small sample I've completed there's influence from both Kajiura and my more recent obsession, Evanescence. I hope I'll get around to composing more, but since my computer is in the basement and my keyboard upstairs in my room it's not the easiest trying to get a song onto paper once I've come up with something. I have synthesia on my computer as sort of a digital piano on there but it's not that great for figuring out melodies. I would use my phone but I can't find any good notation apps (anyone know any good android music notation apps?).

Musescore has a piano overlay you can enable through the view menu you can actually press they keys and it will write the corresponding key to the score (not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for but it's kinda a nifty feature.) I think if you google notation apps you should be able to find many of them, I've found a few myself (though the one i used wasn't the best)

On the subject of apps I found an app called "Vocalist Lite" with the tuner function it's easier to find which note I'm looking for (since I can just sing it), I can never remember the pitch of notes off the top of my head. It's very useful.

I finally have the first 4 bars for my music assignment!!!!
I always kept wanting to change it before but now i'm finally content with it. I honestly thought I'd never be able to settle on something I liked.

In the one from the Seventh Heaven DVD (the first one) I think Wakana sounds better because during that time her voice fit more with the song. The one from the type moon anni event (#2) she sounds like she's singing at the back of her throat, though she sounded that way in pretty much every song but ARIA from that.

Only day of break I had to get hmwk done and I spent it binge watching. Why is fall break so close to finals :')

after a month of no Japanese classes I'll be going from 202 to 416 - "Japanese for international trade II"
can't wait to struggle through the full three months

Where's Marchen? it hasn't been released yet despite being part of an anime.

Where's Marchen? it hasn't been released yet despite being part of an anime.
Nobody knows. It seems to be in the same limbo land of releases similar to into the world. I know the next OVA episode comes out the 30th, so possibly (hopefully) we'll get some news then.

Nobody knows. It seems to be in the same limbo land of releases similar to into the world. I know the next OVA episode comes out the 30th, so possibly (hopefully) we'll get some news then.
What if it becomes the next eternal blue

Just finished Shin Sekai Yori and WOW that was one of the best shows I've seen in a really long time. I binge watched the entire second half in one sitting. The story is one of those rare ones that really makes you think long after you've watched, it makes you question everything you think you've known, it's seriously just so good. Some of the best plot twists I've seen too.
I can't recommend it enough, go watch it! :wai:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just went through the entire Far on the water album and timed the amount that Keiko got lead (whether main or countermelody) cause I got bored. Here's what I got:

Into the water: none
Monochrome: none
Gogatsu no Mahou: none
Ring your bell: 5.2 sec
Usumurasaki: 58.0 sec
Identify: 1 min 26.4 sec
Hokage: 1.5 sec
One Light: 4.5 sec
Musunde Hiraku: 39.8 sec
Heavenly Blue: 3.3 sec
Sorairo: 6.7 sec
Believe: 9.8 sec
Far on the water: 18.3 sec

That adds up to: 3 minutes 54 seconds, or 7% of the album's total length.

To compare, Alleluia had 2 min 33 sec, Ongaku 2 min 8 sec, and Te to Te 2 min 16 sec.

Kajiura why don't you use Keiko that much :cry:

Back