The ridiculously random postings thread!

I went to Sydney for my birthday last week and went to the Lindt Café where the 2014 Sydney Siege took place. Not only were the chocolates really expensive (and delicious), it was really eerie to think that three people died there and there weren't any tributes them. It was kind of like "oh people were held hostage, two were killed and the culprit killed himself, whatever let's go back to making those dollars"

When you put Keiko in your assignment claiming that her singing technique can help you speak lower for a male character in a drama production purely because it's the only way to finish the task you procrastinated on at 12am.
9NSSpul.png

The old technique of making an assignment about your interests in any way possible never fails.

^That's awesome :dote:
(Though I think Keiko went higher than a B on the improv section of Door, idk)

I remember once I had an assignment where we had to write about our favorite song, and I wrote at least a page and a half just talking about Hikari no Senritsu. My teacher was a bit confused as to why she kept seeing "光の旋律" as the song name. It took awhile for her to get that that was the actual song name, and not some random symbols:XD:

I was reading this random thread and out of no where, completely random, Skype opened up. I did not sign in, but strange. (I wonder if the government is spying on me? Ahhh! J/k) Also I found how to have repeat on iTunes again. Needed it for Sapphire. Ugh, it's so stupid, it just used to always be there. Now you have to turn it on.

I got bored, so I went through all Kalafina songs (except non-album b-sides & alleluia/kimi no gin no niwa) and made a list of all the songs that are in the key of Ab flat major/F minor (4 flats). Stone cold & eternal blue are up there since I already knew their key. Its surprising that no songs from Consolation are there, though. Included the thing about Wakana since she's normally the one leading in these songs.

OIbIjmX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, it is. I guess I must've skipped over it when I went through Seventh Heaven, so thank you. I also thought Aria's chorus had one sharp and started on D (which it doesn't; it starts on Eb/D# and has 4 flats), so I guess that also through me off.

Did you guys know there's a chrome extension for downloading VK audio files? :tea:
If you install it a music note will be next to an audio file. If you right-click it and hit "save link as" you have the audio file in mp3.

Someone here still has the Vanity Live Performance?
Not the one from 2008.
Someone send me a link few months ago but its dead :(

^Are you talking about the live from 2003 when Yuki Kajiura performed with Emily Bindiger at Anime Expo? I don't remember any other times vanity was performed live...

That video is here, vanity is around the 6-minute mark: https://youtu.be/jOGTi1Ivl5w

^Are you talking about the live from 2003 when Yuki Kajiura performed with Emily Bindiger at Anime Expo? I don't remember any other times vanity was performed live...

That video is here, vanity is around the 6-minute mark: https://youtu.be/jOGTi1Ivl5w

No. I think it was Anime Expo 2012.

Wakana and Co are singing it. It was a personal upload from some member here but the link is dead :(
This shit needs to be posted on youtube or something!

^There's actually the full concert on YouTube, split up into different videos. If I remember correctly, I think the track list was:

1. open your heart
2. key of the twilight
3 or 4. fake wings
3 or 4. canta per me (Deb Lyons cover)
5. vanity
6. Obsession (See-Saw cover) (I think, I'm not sure)
--Encore--
1. key of the twilight (again)

Hopefully I'm not forgetting any songs. Kajiura also spoke a lot of engrish here, though she called for the translator a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was better at speaking it at Anime Boston, I wasn't there for the opening ceremony, but everywhere else she did well. I guess she had a good teacher; Emily, and vice versa. :dote:

very garlicy garlic bread + blue machine drink. should've thought this through.

Back