"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

Yes sorry i confused them 😅 Hm lets see how the other one turns out. With Vanitas im very happy in terms of soundtrack 😊

Another episode about nothing. The characters, as they are here, are simply not interesting to me. They're not doing anything with the world either. This really doesn't seem like it will be a show for me. :/ Sux.

Also like if she's a curse bearer, why doesn't Vanitas try to heal her? Did I miss something? Do they need to take that extra step to the other side for him to try his magic?

tldr Needs Murr back.

Yea plot wise it was more of the same from last time. I guess the author considers this character development ? She better advances the plot soon. Murr was that cat of the young lady that was healed, so i think we wont see him often anymore ?

Better. Clearly episodes with Murr are the superior ones. ;p jk

A bit of new music, too. Including pretty Hanae that's not a stringfest (as of yet). (I am worried it's going to turn into an action stringfest track as it goes on.)
Can't wait to buy the multi-disc standalone OST in early 2022. (I'm going to will it into existence.)

I like Roland's voice delivery.
Hope the next episode delivers on the action promise.

PS. That CGI water drop was atrocious.

Yeah this arc should be fun, or at the very least more put together than the ball story.

I loved the music in the catacombs. The new hanae track is nice but the harpsichord melody is from the sample we heard in PV4 so it's definitely an action stringsfes.

So it's just another "the Rail Zeppelin". Darnit.

Amusingly I was going backwards through the PVs earlier but stopped at PV5, lol.

lots of juicy music. I hope Hanae's track will remain baroque... or at least have that separate version.

I really like the leitmotif starting out with simple accordion and then bombarding strings and the choir seem to work even though the up and down the scale with the strings is super typical Kajiura. not sure the track will appear this way or the accordion in a separate track. Kajiura just loves waltzes .

Last edited:
Oh lawd... I didn't like this episode. The fight was laaaaaaaaaame.
The show really needed a better director and writer to work around the source. Characters are just annoying (including how they interact). Pacing is horrible.

Music was all over the place in this episode, too. The show doing its own thing and the music something else entirely... Whatever happened to neat comedic editing like in the first episode?

The Hanae stringfest seems... kinda confused? Maybe because it feels like they edited it oddly in the middle of vocals (5:28)? Curious to hear it on its own. It's not really "the Rail Zeppelin" situation that I was expecting (where the track has some sort of constant buildup with drums speeding up - instead it jumps to stringfest immediately after the part from last week).

Looking forward to the standalone OST (in February I predict ;p).

Last edited:
Damn grunts this whole production has just fallen apart for you lol

I'm still enjoying it but Kajiura's really carrying the show for me at this point.

I really liked that Moreau music that played when he first appeared in the ep as well as his theme at the end (whats that instrument ?) also i liked the accordion tracks even though they re repeat from previous eps. Hanae track was okay but has too cliched structure, i like the slower part more thats in the beginning. I think this will turn out to be a great soundtrack ^_^

Damn grunts this whole production has just fallen apart for you lol

I'm still enjoying it but Kajiura's really carrying the show for me at this point.
I think it's safe to say that it already happened for me on episode 4. Maybe even 3... I've been trying to be positive every week since then... Definitely doesn't look like I'll be coming back for the 2nd cour. ;p

The show is just painfully mediocre and whenever I think it might actually move on to better things (be it characters, plot, world building or action)... it just doesn't happen.

After episode 6's bell tower sequence I thought that maybe Banitas and Noe would be ready to develop their characters and relationship... Nope. Their personalities and interactions are just unberable to me the way they are presented.

And then the tonal whiplash... I have no doubt that it CAN work but the showrunners certainly aren't doing anything to make it work. (I presume it's just shot4mangapanel?) And then to add a cherry on top, why bother doing anything with the serious stringfest BGM that are playing over your entire scene... It's funny, right? Maybe once it would be but multiple times in a single episode for long periods of time?

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that it already happened for me on episode 4. Maybe even 3... I've been trying to be positive every week since then... Definitely doesn't look like I'll be coming back for the 2nd cour. ;p

The show is just painfully mediocre and whenever I think it might actually move on to better things (be it characters, plot, world building or action)... it just doesn't happen.

After episode 6's bell tower sequence I thought that maybe Banitas and Noe would be ready to develop their characters and relationship... Nope. Their personalities and interactions are just unberable to me the way they are presented.

And then the tonal whiplash... I have no doubt that it CAN work but the showrunners certainly aren't doing anything to make it work. (I presume it's just shot4mangapanel?) And then to add a cherry on top, why bother doing anything with the serious stringfest BGM that are playing over your entire scene... It's funny, right? Maybe once it would be but multiple times in a single episode for long periods of time?
Yeah I can't disagree with any of this. It's such a straightforward adaptation and the source material just isn't strong enough on its own. I think the show should have taken a page from Noir and made this first half episodic. Make up some cases that flesh out the world and let Vanitas and Noe's relationship develop naturally. Right now everything just feels so shallow.

Oh just hit me that accordion track in the 2nd half of this episode (around 12min) is the rooftop one (drums and a.guitar) from ep2, right? Can't be arsed to check now.

Oh just hit me that accordion track in the 2nd half of this episode (around 12min) is the rooftop one (drums and a.guitar) from ep2, right? Can't be arsed to check now.
Yeah the percussion and beat sound the same in both tracks so I'd say they're the same track.

the waltz track was used again. I like it very much but two episodes and the same music for dramatic effect... hmm

the hanae track did not remain baroque....:(

Fena as a story seems so much more involving lol this one is a bit strange from what I can make of it

Speaking of Demon Slayer (as in first vid description menthions it) i recently discovered that there are some people who re under the impression that Kajiura made the whole music of it and not just 6 tracks and 2 EDs 😅

Back