Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

I was also surprised by the new music. I was sure that the director would cheap out and only reuse old tracks. As for the music itself, I like it. It's not her best but for me it's better than GGO.

Reactions: aki
that new bgm with strings is actually old, it's from ost2.
Also, I don't hear any vocals (there's an illusory Yuri like sound at 14:51 but it may be real after all!)
I like the horn+strings arrangement and the one with piano and sfx.

^ for first line, yes I wasnt sure about that when I wrote the post.

there are vocals at 8:25, but they are probably sampled. That track reminds me of the ones grunty has ripped off of madlax.

I hear no voice at 14:51,

Here are the rips for ep 15. From now on I will be doing them for every episode, and at the end I will compile the complete ones :)
in this ep the only complete one is bgm 7

I personally like most the swordland arrangement and the indian music (which is because that creature seems to be half elephant half octapus , and elephant = india.

I love all the new songs! (The harmonica one was kind of hard to hear, but it sounds good.) The softer piano under water sounding one was neat. I love those types of tracks from Yuki. Unless that's a harp. I am talking about bgm 6 from Ep 15. I can't wait to watch it tonight! This does sound a lot better than GGO, will be looking forward to the music in this one.

The sao website updated with info about the OP/ED singles
http://www.swordart-online.net/mothers/music/

LiSA for some reason has a huge bio text (Kalafina have shorter), and it seems she did different song for the 3 episodes of Caliber (No More Time Machine) and different for Mother Rosario (シルシ). There's also an english version of crossing field (was it actually used in the US dub of the anime or it was made later ? )

@george1234 As far as I know the english vers. never existed before.

So excited for Shirushi, it will be her first ballad single and as far as I've heard of it sounds promising.

No More Time Machine is pretty boring. I don't like it at all and I don't think it will grow on me.

^What are you guys talking about? So confused.

Also liked Ep 15, with Sinon's ALO character. My brother thought she looked totally different, maybe it's just the ears though. She still has the two side ribbon hair things and same sort of outfit.

Episode 16 SUBS

Musics

- bgm with blinging and acoustic piano (same as last episode, longer) 2:23 long
- OP
- new battle bgm with electronic beat and accoustic piano
- ggo old bgm
- swordland (old)
- ggo playful bgm (old)
- old bgm
- new battle bgm with strings and e.guitar
- old sfx
- old bgm with harp from ep 15 (1:50 long)
- strategic meeting (old)
- new bgm with creepy strings and flute
- a bit of new bgm with e.guitar

ED

Last edited:
^Interesting that they're using GGO music since it's a new story arc. But I guess since she did not make much music for that arc, they have to use some for this. Can't wait to watch it tonight!

^ They dont use the ones that are clearly GGO, but the ones that could fit at other scenes too

Here are the rips for ep 16
I didnt bother doing the e,guitar one since its only 20 secs and we will surely get longer version next episode or something

I think bgm 4 is pretty interesting since it has build up, its over 3 minutes (still not whole), and has flute & strings combination which we rarely get in battle bgms.

Last edited:
^Thanks! It actually worked for me this time. That song is good. It kind of reminded me of Petite Cossette a little actually, the beginning part anyways, and a bit of Madoka Rebellion.

I really enjoy her tracks like the 1st one. The piano is just so haunting, yet beautiful at the same time. (I think she could do a Silent Hill game, because of tracks like these.)

Episode 17 SUBS

Musics

- ggo bgm
OP
- death gum theme (wtf)
- bgm with creepy strings and flute
- swordland arrangement (old)
- fanfare (old)
- ggo bgm
- new bgm with strings
- ggo bgm
- s1 bgm
- new bgm with e guitar and strings (start 14:55)
- new bgm with strings, beat and e.guitar (start 16:10, durates around 2:10)
- the harp bgm (old)
- s1 bgm
- music box bgm (old?)
- ED

BD/DVD has character song CD. OST probably with the next one since this comes out March 25.

I loved the last new bgm, Im sure it was fitting for vocals. I dont get why Yuki is so much against vocals lately (SAO II + Hanako). Also loved the one before it, sounded really cool!

Last edited:
Okay so here are my rips for ep 17 ! enjoy!

bgm #2 sfx remind me of "absolute configuration" :XD:

Next week starts Mother Rosario, cant wait to see what music Yuki has wrote for it :sohappy:

do you want the 20 secs guitar bgm from ep 16 ? I think its worth waiting for a longer sample instead.

^Yes, it does. (Did she just say "skate-o" lol) Also the 3rd one is just beautiful, and the longest track in the show I've heard so far. Hue hue. I mean the one they've played the most of, it seems like an entire song, not just part of one. Can't wait to watch it possibly tonight, I may watch it before I watch it again with my brother, since he is busy this weekend.

Yeah, but I meant the complete song, not cutting it out or anything, it reminded me a lot of a Madoka song. But that's not a bad thing since I like the music in the show and love the movie soundtrack.

thanks as always for the rips george :chuu:
so excited for Mother's Rosario :TdT: they better not screw it up

Back