Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

What I meant is that they all have already said they don't like the show so they don't need to say it again. Before Knk it was usual for Kajiura to work on shows with no real interest - and yet she was making great music, for example was what interesting in elcazador ? The only thing that saved it was the freedom Kouichi Mashimo was giving to Kajiura and the way he was using the OST. same for Tsubasa which till the Tokyo revelations part is a typical adventure story.

Wat, the Remi track seems to be sceme-specific since they never used it again apart from that one scene, and I doubt she could make anything better for such a short scene.

Last edited:
Of course she could have made it better. The problem also lies with how it's been used of course.

We don't really know what goes on between Kajiura and directors of the show. I am no music expert, but this music was not thought through. Notes are rushed, as if the melodies can out from stuff she wrote in the past quickly, saved for times when there's a tight schedule. I'm not even talking about the ridiculous sfxes.

I think there is no problem with repeating their opinions. And you asked for it, right? :)

Indeed, but ritas way of thought I don't care about the show so neither for the ost is wrong Imo

Tracks I suggest apart from the ones you mentioned are: ep4 bgm 6a, ep8 bgm 3, all of the Ep 7 ones, Ep 3 bgm 1. also the last track will probably get full version this Saturday :-)

we'll see.

Ritardando may not care about the show or the music, frankly neither do I. Despite that, I think we both appreciate your rip :)

The first 2 I suggested have delicious violin, and the Ep 7 ones are quite sweet.

What I meant is that based on the fact about her working on bad plot shows but making good music, one shouldn't judge the music by the quality of the show. I mean grunty doesn't like neither the Madoka TV anime nor the Fate franchise, yet he seems to like the music she has made for them.

And I also appreciate that you appreciate it :)

wat11 said:
The Remi track is SO UNinspired.

"Light behind the clouds" 's vocal part isnt any better imo.

Last edited:
Ah, I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling or offended you, George. I do appreciate your effort. The problem is that I really don't have high expectation (or any hope for that matter) for this OST. The OST 1 and OST 2 are probably the most disappointing Kajiura OST ever imo so I just don't see any reason for me to hear the samples you've ripped if I'll end up just being a b*tch and criticize it. I'm one big critic, after all. :XD: Maybe I'll give it a try after the full OST came out later, but for now I just don't really care. I did watch the first 3 episode of the anime and tbh I don't like both the music and the show. fyi, I watched the whole 12 episode of SAO1 (the SAO arc) but the quality kept decreasing each episode and the music is nothing impressive I just dropped the anime.

about Kajiura's music. I always look Kajiura as a feminist because her works are much better when she's given a story with strong female lead characters. The only exception as far as I know is Tsubasa Chronicle - but then again the original story concept is actually great. It's the anime storyboard that kinda ruin it all. I think Kajiura accepted to do the music for SAO because the original premise is great - about being trapped in an online game world but when you die there, it means you die in real world - and there's that Kirito's girlfriend (see, I even forgot her name) that was strong and I used to love her but as the story progress she became a quite annoying and ordinary I-depend-on-you-Kirito girl. The story turns out to be too typical harem-ish rather than adventure-ish to escape the world they're trapped in so Kajiura only did half-assed work. I don't know about people's opinion, but that's my thoughts.

Anyway, I do appreciate your effort. I'll give it a listen - but maybe not now.

@ritarando I have also thought that kajiura is a feminist of sorts. She always seems to save the battle songs for the female characters.

Yes I agree with ritardando. Kajiura does have a soft spot for female characters and female heroine shows (most recently Hanako to Anne)

Yes, Light Behind the clouds isn't that good. You may think that I am somehow deeply hugely in love with the show and think independently of the quality presented but that's not the case. I am comparing the music not my enthusiasm and the composition for that Remi track simply is bland and forgettable imo. Comparing it to Luminous Sword, that feels like a collection of just random notes and squiggles.

@rita: Based on interviews, they usually give her the full plot, the original material, and some sketches of the anime, so I believe she could tell where it was going, and decline the offer if she really didnt liked it.

I suggest you to take a look at this (PH ost 2) for comparison.

Maybe you are right about the feminist part.
(I could even say that she's homosexual since she's still not married,
works only with female vocalists, all we know about relationship
with boys is that one kissed her while in the bushes in Germany
and he ate a punch XD)

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying her SAO osts are her best or anything, she could definetely do better, but the are enjoyable imo. The GGO soundtrack has a strong feel of actual game ost with all the electronic/trance tracks :)

Btw, today = SAO ep 14 & FSN ep 0 !!! :nosebleed:

Last edited:
Episode 14 (raw)

musics (rips when good version is up)

- cello bgm
- musicbox bgm
- sfx
- piano bgm
- (some behind- talk bar bgm)
- bgm w accoustic piano
- sao s1 sfx
- piano bgm
- everyday life (s1 music)
- cello bgm (s1 music)
ED

DAMN it!! No full ver of the last bgm of ep 13 (they didnt used it at all :( ) :cry:

guess I need to wait for the ost :cry:

I will try to rip the 1 music in the brackets

Last edited:
Calibur and Mother Rosario to be covered in the remaining episodes

http://www.swordart-online.net/calibur/
http://www.swordart-online.net/mothers/

Haruka Tomatsu OP and LISA ED for both
http://www.swordart-online.net/calibur/music/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...me-to-cover-calibur-mother-rosary-arcs/.79557

The Calibur arc (light novel volume 8) revolves around the quest for the legendary sword Excalibur. (george note: Its the one Kirito beat the Fairy King with)

In the Mother's Rosary arc (light novel volume 7), Asuna faces a duel against an secretive Avatar named Zekken for an Original Sword Skill.

A compilation episode, episode 14.5 "Debriefing," will air next Saturday with a preview of footage from the Calibur arc.

New Swordland arrangement on the CM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKw1RkAMkBQ

bg.jpg

bg.jpg

^Well, with the 2nd pic maybe she'll have better music for this arc, since it is a female lead, right? But right, I do agree about Asuna becoming weak or whatever in the 2nd part of SAO, but she did have a lot happen to her in the first part.

Yes, the music was not very good in this story arc, I did enjoy the 2 vocal songs, with the one from the extra edition being one of them, but I do miss where she used a bunch of different artists, not just the one. Maybe she doesn't want to break apart Kalafina or FictionJunction anymore, but I think that there could have been a great Wakana or Hikaru song. But maybe there again she was focusing on other things, Hanako and Kala. But I did really enjoy Luminous Sword live in Vol 11, just watched it again last night. :dote:

^ Did you checked out my rip ? Most of the interesting tracks were played in so low volume that you could barely hear when watching the episodes (just as did the accordion / harmonica bgm in ep 14 - Which I cant filter because its filled with blah blah blah! >_<)

The Mother Rosario arc is just that new character and Asuna, without Kirito or his harem. so it falls into ritardando's "feminist" category :D I believe Calibur wont take more than 4 episodes, its a small thing.

Last edited:
LiSA'ED, a lot of good news lately:ohoho: She's releasing a lot of singles lately :stars::punched:

George: I probably will check out your rip a little later. I already have that REMI song, so I am happy for now. I hope someone posts this soundtrack though, for that song and the other one alone.

Kohaku: Yes, I think she is better than Aoi anyways, and I like Haruka, so she will be better as well. (Not that I hate Aoi, just did not care for this last op very much, should have been Kalafina, or someone else.)

I have some hope for the next round of music but I'm honestly expecting the sound director to reuse bgms from the first season. After all, it will be the same setting.

but I'm honestly expecting the sound director to reuse bgms from the first season.

Hopefully it's the ambiance and underwhelming piano/harp tracks so half the new stuff isn't just that type of track.

^ Calibur will definetely have the old ALO music, but I expect new bgms for Mother Rosario.
We already have some new bgm from that trailer (however its hopelessly shortened)

btw Calibur starts 18 October, and Rosario on November 8, so considering that next week will be the briefing episode, calibur is 3 episodes long (Oct 18, 25, Nov 1) and Mother Rosario all the rest :)

@Liana: In my rip I have all the music of GGO season which is about 52 tracks :) and also the Extra edition bgms and 4 unreleased of season 1.

@george Thats kind of encouraging to hear. I felt like they really stretched ggo out. Although, I guess that depends on what calibur is actually about. BTW, how many episode will there be in this next season. Will it go to 24 or 22?

^ Its not a new season, its just the second half of the current season, so GGO + Calibur + Mother Rosario = 24 episodes, with GGO having 14.

here's the text that I have in the newspost.
One of the side-stories of Volume 8 is called “Calibur” and its about Kirito’s company searching for the “Excalibur” sword. It is a side story of the ALO arc. Volume 7, “Mother Rosario”, is about Asuna meeting and dueling against a secretive avatar named Zekken for an Original Sword Skill.

Since none of you seems to care about the series im going to say what's happenining on each of them as far as I remember.

I dont really remember about this, But I think its in some area below the World Tree, where there's a lake, with 2 creatures fighting each other (an elephant-fish and a Titan) and they somehow helped the first to win. They they stopped some guys that wanted to capture it, and with its help they reached the part where the Excalibur sword was (I think that creature was flying), but I remember only Kirito and Leefa, not the rest. Kirito didnt take the sword, but remembered it later when he was facing the Fairy King and that's how he summoned it.

Asuna somehow receives a message from that Zekken person and goes alone to fight him/her to win the sword skill (= moves combination). She discovers that she's a girl and they end up becoming friends after the fight (Asuna didnt beat her in battle).. The girl shows her around the place there, but they are only keeping online contact. At some point something happens to her, so Asuna searches for her IRL and finds her in a hospital, inside a top secret room. She has some sort of illness that keeps her on bed 24h so the doctors are using the game to make her feel better / learn things (I dont remember) but her condition gets worse. A bit before the girl dies they meet online and she gives Asuna the sword skill called "Mother Rosario". Asuna moorns her death. As far as I remember its a very touching story, so Yuki Kajiura will probably make good music for it :)

During all that Kirito stays at home relaxing lol

Last edited:
Back