Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

I watched the last ep in GGO last night. I really liked how it ended. Shino fighting for herself and then standing up to those girls, that was great! (But I was like 'Why the heck would you bring a gun, even if it's a model, which it wasn't, to a public park? Are you asking to get thrown in jail?' lol) But I loved that piano track that played in the bar, I think. It was kind of jazzy and reminded me of Abel from Xenosaga, which I love that song. Another kind of dumb thing Shino knew some medical stuff but did not know about an electrode? Wow, especially since her "friend" was knowledgeable about that stuff.

^ that wasnt piano but accordion or harmonica, unless you refer to the one that was at the end of their conversation, which has played numerous times already :)

I wonder if they will end the season with the very beginning of vol.9, since they've already used some stories from vol.8 during the first season. What a cliffhanger that would be.

^ Yes that could be a good idea, since it is also connected with this ep 14, but Alicezation is so big it will take them more than 24 episodes to complete if they adapt it. I just hope they they shorten the lazy parts, otherwise its going to be very boring.

i'd rather they avoid cliffhanger endings. i didn't like the first season but I appreciated the fact that they ended it conclusively.

I mean the one that was kind of jazzy, during the talk with Shino and the little girl, I believe that's where it was played. It sounded like Able for me anyways, or reminded me of it. And a bit like Sadness (from Petite Cossette) too.

Do you mean the one that's between 12:00 and 13:32 as well as 15:05 and 15:35 ? That is not jazz.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/akpwh6cph4i1ukz/ep 14 bgm 1a (harmonica track).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/wbdjif0sdrokzi1/ep 14 bgm 1b (harmonica track).mp3

do not use head/ear phones because i have different volumes inside the track as an attempt to show the bgm part.

I mean the one that was kind of jazzy, during the talk with Shino and the little girl, I believe that's where it was played. It sounded like Able for me anyways, or reminded me of it. And a bit like Sadness (from Petite Cossette) too.

Oh that was piano and violin, not jazz either, and im sure it was played before, not sure where.

[EDIT] Oh it was on ep 1, when Kirito was talking with Asuna ("ep 1 bgm 6" on my rip) but its more complete here :)

Last edited:
^I just thought it sounded a little jazzy to me, what I guess is jazzy is different than what other people think. (Jazzy for me is a little upbeat, like that song was, so that's what I meant, sorry to confuse you. And I thank you for the rips. Also, like in Hanako, I had a bad ear in which songs were used before, I can't believe wat was able to pick out the new songs, or when they were used before. heh Now I could probably tell if I watched both series again.)

Ah she does occasionally tweet about SAO from time to time, only it's not as religious as she is with Hanako to Anne, for example. And even Aldnoah Zero.

Anyway I've listened to George's recording and I'm liking this OST more than SAO1 - maybe that's because the songs/BGMs here are more of my type of song. It's still not her best work, but I like it better than Fate/Zero (which in all its so-called-epicness according to some people, is nothing more than strings galore for me). this > F/Z > SAO1 for me. Will post the detailed review later.

Im happy you finally listened! Wait for the rips from this episode because the Remi song is kinda different :)

Last edited:
- new version of the REMi track (strings instead of guitar ?) (06:20)

I don't think it's a new version, they just used more of the track. If you listen carefully to the episode 2 rip, you can hear it was cut around 0:48.

ep 15 story summary
http://www.swordart-online.net/calibur/story/index.html

Scenario: Takayama Atsushi/ Nakamoto Takashi
konte: Susumu Takahashi
Director: Watanabe Amane
Saku: Fukushima (poor guy) Toyoake / Yamazaki Teruhiko

《ALO》で聖剣エクスキャリバーが発見されたというニュースが流れた。それは数か月前、キリトとリーファが地下世界・ヨツンヘイムでトンキーという邪神を助けたときに見つけたものだった。このニュースを知った2人は、他のプレイヤー達に先を越されないうちに、エクスキャリバーを手に入れようと決意。アスナやクライン、シノンたちを呼び集め、7人パーティーでヨツンヘイムのダンジョンに向かう。

google translate said:
News Seiken Expedition caliber that was discovered in "ALO" flows. It was something that a few months ago, I found when it helped the false god Rifa and Kirito that Thongkee underground world-Yotsunheimu. 2 people who know this news, the determination of which is not scooped ahead to our other players, and trying to get the ex caliber. The summoned Klein and Asuna, the Chinon us, toward the dungeon of Yotsunheimu in seven party.

Looks like the ep will just be chatter with friends and will end with them leaving for the excalibur place (correction: looks like this takes place after GGO since Shinon is there too, and isnt part of the ALO story) like I thought before.

Last edited:
Episode 15 SUBS, music list in a while

wow, despite what I thought the new episode is filled with new musics! :sohappy:

musics:

- S1 bgm (old)
- new bgm with strings and horns with swordland arrangement (the one used in the CM)
[played during flashback of what happened during the skipped arc of ALO]
- sao 2 bgm (old)
silence
OP (it sounds good!)
- S1 bgm (with my friends?) (old)
- bgm with groaning (?) (new) (08:25)
- secs with one of the sao 2 bgms
- S1 bgm (with my friends?) (old)
- S1 drums bgm (strategic meeting?) (old)
- sao 2 bgm (old)
- new bgm with blinging and acoustic piano
- new bgm with sitar, flute and e.guitar
- new bgm with sfx, violin and e.guitar, acoustic piano (I hear something like vocals too)
- new bgm with synch harp (?)
- new bgm with sounds and accoustic piano

- same bgm as #2 with different start
ED (generic)

behind-talk bgms:
1. 7:41

comments:
1. lol nearly nfsw asuna bath scene
2, this has to be the best OP song and OP animation for SAO so far!

I think people dissapointed by GGO will like these new musics alot more since they are closer to the Hanako/Tsubasa style. I will rip them and share once good quality of the episode is out :D

P.S: I hate whoever is responsible on applying the music to the episode.

Last edited:
So I was wondering, is 14.5 only online? I couldn't find it on Hulu, and I really want to watch it for that longer REMI track. Also, just heard the 2nd theme, I like it, but nothing will ever be as good as Haruka's Monochrome, from Star Driver. It's just so good. Here she sounds more like Aoi than herself, and it's weird. It actually sounds a bit more like the 1st OP, is it the same composer for both? Maybe that's what they did, I like it waaaay better than the 1st, don't get me wrong. (Sorry, there's no other SAO thread so I wanted to point it out here.) Also can't wait to watch this episode tomorrow! Based on what I saw of the opening, there's another girl locked in a cage? Come on... or is it Asuna again? It looks like her, but I can't tell since it goes by so fast. Maybe they are just replaying scenes from ALO?

Back