Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

I'll be hoping a new digital monsters like .old//kajiura did ~10 years ago or just a battle-feeling XD

something in the vein of Limits (.hack//SIGN one, not PH one) would also work :plot:

The town's track sounds like a mixture of YK's tracks from other animes but I neither like or dislike this. According to a friend of mine who's an amateur composer, every composer has a bunch of "codes" for their music, that is, certain feelings of theirs are displayed by certain patterns of notes. They create songs by "coding" their feelings at the time with notes and lyrics. I think YK's music is just the same. And b/c we're big fans of hers, we listen to many of her tracks and have pretty much heard and felt most of her codes or feelings. That's why some find the track boring or familiar b/c they've "seen" similar codes many times before. But like I said before, the music's still good overall and I have high expectations for it.

+ :nophoto: :XD:

@Nick Hunter: seems like u have lots of questions and are interested to know what happens next. If u want to know that badly, just go read SAO novel or pm me and I'll give u spoilers (I can't just go and spoil everything here )

Well, I already have some info from visiting The Archive of All Anime Spoilers :ohoho: although not the parts I've been wondering about in particular.

Re: Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Sword Art Online" anime

Liana_Ilia said:
^I do agree about the part at the end where he's running, that was a bit weird.
I see. So I wasn't the only one who felt that way. :desksweat:
Nick Hunter said:
Well, I already have some info from visiting The Archive of All Anime Spoilers :ohoho: although not the parts I've been wondering about in particular.
I see. Since Geogre did say that background info doesn't count as spoilers, I'll try to answer yr questions, since I've read up to the Alicization arc:
[...] how long can NerveGear work on the battery alone, anyway?
- and come to think of it, what exactly happens if the battery's down? [...] Will there be any damage to the brain if NerveGear just turns off? Or is it programmed to fry everything right before turning off?
I guess the Nerve Gear battery can run for 2 hours and some more minutes or so. After the announcement, in the real world, Kayaba allowed only 2 hours of disconnection from the power sources (but not remove the Gear) to transport players into hospitals and reconnect to the power sources, so the battery should at least be enough for 2 hours. Of course, while being transported to the hospitals, the players' souls are still trapped in the game. A special group were created on the spot to help with the players' transportation.
If the NG is unplugged, it will run on battery and send electric signals to fry the player's brain (it's programmed for this) at the same time, which mean the player will be dead. Seems like ppl couldn't remove the gear and since one wrong move would kill the player(s), the NGs weren't removed after the announcement of 312 players' dead by carelessly removing the NG.
about Kayaba - I wonder what will become of him IRL. Will he be spending all this time in prison, calmly denying any possibility or will of reprogramming the game, or will he pull off a traditional "evil genius secret bunker God-knows-where" trick?
I can't say much about this one, b/c that will make this a spoiler. Let's just say that they couldn't catch him until he was found dead.
Thank you ^^ I thought my explanations were lengthy but I couldn't shorten it ... I'm really glad that u still try to read it. Btw, YK did mention that she was tired and was running out of ideas some time ago, so I thought it's b/c of this. Also, she had to compose, like, 10 other songs to make a track in the OST so maybe she reused materials from earlier OSTs. Hope she's doing ok and not overworking herself ...
Oh crap, my post is still lengthy and I couldn't cut it shorter ... I'm really not good at expressing my thoughts in English. Sorry if I irritate u, guys :bow:

Re: Re:

KP-X said:
alarictay said:
I love the music for sword art online!!! :sohappy: Kajiura-Sama never fails to impress me!!! I don't care about how the other haters comment about her music, but to me she once again opened another new field in music composition :sohappy:

Of course you do. Otherwise, you wouldn't even mention them LOL

I was referring to comment above and haters in general :ayashii:
And i was never referring to you as an hater, unless ure implying that ure a hater yourself? I think there is no need for you to keep singling me out. If your upset about Kajiura sama's music plz email her and re-frame from vomiting your disapproval onto this forum :sparkleguy:

I don't care about hater's opinions but i do care about haters regurgitating their disappointment onto this forum thread. I hope that clarifies my statement above K-PX? I hope that you would also re-frame from posting your derogatory comments on this forum and also email Kajiura sama if you have any issues with her music. I hope that i have made my stand clear :sohappy:

I honestly didn't want to comment in such a stern and austere manner but i felt provoked by your statement...I hope that this would be the last time you would comment about anyone in such a manner...everyone has their own negative and positive opinions about anything but i believe that negative opinions should be kept to ourselves while we share the positive. I didn't support Kajiura's sama music and have alot of negative opinions about it. But on this forum i try to speak of the positive and also be grateful that she is still composing music for us listeners

im goona watch this anime. looks interesting. :ayashii:

and looking forward to yuki's new musics :hero:

@ alarictay: Please calm yourself, KP-X is the milder of the so-called 'haters'. Negative opinions are allowed but members should be careful with the way they express them so thay they don't offend other users.

I think I was very clear with my comment back then. If you didn't care to spend a little time thinking about what I said and then for some reason got offended by it, then it's not my fault.

Re:

KP-X said:
I think I was very clear with my comment back then. If you didn't care to spend a little time thinking about what I said and then for some reason got offended by it, then it's not my fault.

I've spend enough time thinking and i think its only responsible that you re-frame from such immature comments. Like what George has said...there are many ways to put forth a negative criticism, but you chose a way which makes people feel offended. Anyway this is the last time i want to engage in a childish argument with you on this forum. We are both equally strong in our points of argument and i believe we could argue for ever, Therefore as benevolent as i can be, I shall be the one who will close this argument. K-PX, i shall restrain myself from commenting on what ever you desire or wish to comment on the forum, but i hope that intention to criticize me would be left in private and not posted on a general public forum. If you still feel a grudge against me i would earnestly accept a private message from you instead of posting it on this thread. I sincerely hope we can get along in the future.

~Kudos~

*AH back to re-watching SAO :dote: *

Let's just say that, whenever I troll (as if I did that all the time), it's because I don't take the person seriously, and it's only his or her fault. It's funny though, how I also complement Kajiura throughout the forum, depending on the situation, but people either are too new and haven't come across those posts of mine or just choose to carefully forget about my positive feedback.

But I shall refrain from taking this discussion any further because there is no reason to extend it. After all, you decided to ignore me, which is good in a sense, since I can't take you seriously either.

alarictay said:
re-frame from vomiting your disapproval onto this forum
alarictay said:
you would also re-frame from posting your derogatory comments on this forum
It seems I've missed it when alarictay was appointed as a moderator.

Alphard Sokaina said:
alarictay said:
re-frame from vomiting your disapproval onto this forum
alarictay said:
you would also re-frame from posting your derogatory comments on this forum
It seems I've missed it when alarictay was appointed as a moderator.

Now u make me feel the like GM of Sword Art Online!
*kekekke i hid the Log-out button! u cant escape from me anymore!* :knife: :knife: :knife:

Re:

KP-X said:
It's funny though, how I also complement Kajiura throughout the forum, depending on the situation, but people either are too new and haven't come across those posts of mine or just choose to carefully forget about my positive feedback.

I think that's applicable for all the "haters" here.

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to start heavily analyzing the music I hear in SAO from now on. Not going to be paying much attention to the plot, but I've hit the point where saying "nice" about mostly every piece of music used isn't gonna cut it. So prepare for walls of text~

@ ninetales: That would be awesome! I dont have the musical knowledge to judge tracks besides "nice" or "bad" but when someone does, it good to share this knowledg/analysis for the other to learn to :) :sohappy:

Just watched the anime.DLed it from Torrent. I'm not into games, but I think I'll keep on watching this one..music from the 1st episode was awesome, well I'll expect more awesomeness from Yuki..The OST makes me feel great. :sohappy:

EDIT: I don't think alarictay meant any harm.

Looking forward to Niney's reviews. :ayashii: :XD:

And why do I see debates again even though I'm not around? :XD: Both parties are right in a way. KP-X is far from being a constant "unpleasable fanbase" as far as I know her, and Alarictay's point is also something I understand. It's not about expressing one's dislike for a song/album/OST; I can't speak for everyone, but I'm personally often taken aback when such things are taken to heart and expressed close to drama queen mode - woe betide Kajiura, she's done for, her creativity and imagination have hit the bottom, there's nothing to expect from her anymore... :vortex: :@_@: I just wish we all would take it more easily. :tea: You know my reaction to Fate/Zero ending, but I don't think Ufotable's down and out; and as a Disney fan since childhood, I'd be sitting on anti-depressants by now if I angsted over every underwhelming work of theirs (although I admit I was once close to going that way :XD: ). Grunty may be the biggest critic around here, but even he summed up his impressions on After Eden as "Better luck next time". Which is pretty wise if you ask me. Only after Yuki has retired, we can judge the whole of her career.

And lest anyone should interpret this post otherwise - this, too, will be my LAST opinion on the matter in the boundaries of this thread. I sure don't want another Kajiura Quality thread here, they've been spreading like parasprites lately. Oyasuminasai. :sleep:

:swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt: :swt:

I just got shivers watching Sword Art Online!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:
I was kinda like reflecting about the horrible scenario of getting trapped in a online game with no escape and when a avatar dies it means the end of a player...SCARY!!!

Well the reason why i'm kinda traumatized now would be because the sheer possibility of a scenario happenning like this is very very high in the future :omg:
With our currently ever progressing technology, give it 20-30 years time and everyone would be strapped to NerveGears and playing online RPG!!!

Look at this...http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/impressions-of-sony-hmz-t1.html
Sony already started creating virtual reality 3D viewing glasses!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:
Very soon!!! Its just a matter of years!!!AHHHHHH SAO is something that is gonna come true!!! I swear i will never put anything on my head anymore!!! :imdead: :imdead: :imdead:

To be honest, I don't feel excited, let alone tempted by virtual reality. I treat games as sort of visual books/movies with interactive input (which is probably why I have a soft spot for JRPGs), and while I often give the player charater my nickname, I try to keep to defaults where possible, choosing to know the characters by the names the authors gave them. I never associate myself with the game's characters or setting, and I don't know if I'd appreciate becoming part of the game world myself. For me, the credibility of the virtual reality lies not in virtual gimmicks and graphics, but in how well the setting is written.

Then again, a lot of other gamers will probably embrace the technology once it becomes real. :plot: And I share your concern - there IS such a syndrome called "gaming addiction", and people die from it nowadays after sitting at WoW or something like that for several days in a row, disregarding food, water and sleep. For such people who can't control themselves, virtual reality might likely become a burning-fuse bomb. :uh..:

And I share your concern - there IS such a syndrome called "gaming addiction", and people die from it nowadays after sitting at WoW or something like that for several days in a row, disregarding food, water and sleep. For such people who can't control themselves, virtual reality might likely become a burning-fuse bomb.

YUSH YUSH :omg: It's scary!!!
There was this latest news, where a Korean couple went on gaming and forgot about their 2months old baby and didn't feed it...and ended dying of starvation!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

If this virtual reality is really coming true in the future, it could bring more harm than good...already there are so many people playing WoW...Imagine if those gamers could experience 3D reality as a WoW Avatar...they would probably disregard their reality and just stay in a Fantasy World...

Looking forward to reading your reviews, Niney!! :cheer: (you did a great job with the Kore Thesis :goodjob: :XD: )

Back